Talent 100 (1 Viewer)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
lyounamu said:
I think you are thinking too much about this. I have personally heard good things about talent 100 (I don't go there btw). I don't genuinely think that they are just makin them up.
eh, well i aint going to get anything out by advertising my tutoring centre...

ttong said:
lol saw a talent 100 ad in an asian newspaper
lol, the owner (richard chua) tries to advertise EVERYWHERE, cant complain - he did some sort of business degree with law back in his day...

JollyJohn

HSC
N/A
i hear they stalk ruse students outside school gates after school to hand out pamphlets and offer tutoring positions

also heard they offer state rankers a large sum (e.g. $1000+) so they can use their name for "advertising purposes" lol

seems like they think money can solve everything
BRUTE FORCE WINS EVERYTIME! :D

bored.of.u

HSC
i go there for physics n maths seems good evrything is results focused...im doing the 4 week trial n i thinks its good but the location is too far from my house so i can only go on sats...i would highly recommend it =D

Last edited:

h3ll h0und

HSC
i go to talent 100 as well for chem physics and maths....id also highly reccomend it... they have really good tutors who are really good at communicating and teaching plus they teach everything according to the syllabus so you dont learn anything unnecessary or things which wont come up in the HSC. Their notes are awesome ... very good for revision and they tell u how to answer questions to get full marks and make u practice and practice. Also as bored.of.u said they are result orientated. id highly reccomend it. Location is also a problem for me cuz their closing down the parra one soon and moving to epping :( otherwise...its really good

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
i hear they stalk ruse students outside school gates after school to hand out pamphlets and offer tutoring positions

also heard they offer state rankers a large sum (e.g. $1000+) so they can use their name for "advertising purposes" lol

seems like they think money can solve everything
BRUTE FORCE WINS EVERYTIME! :D
lol its true, richard was outside the gates at james ruse at the end of the HSC physics exam back in 07', thats how they got alex stoyanov who came 1st in physics.
havnt heard about the 'large sum' thing, though i wouldnt be surprised if they did lol

talent 100 gots some new recruits, ive heard the girl that topped chem last year from james ruse and also the guy that topped MX1 and MX2 shall be teaching us in the coming year :)

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
MY mother rang up Talent-100, and the prices are shocking. Its over $3000+ for a single subject/ year. I mean, if its a qualified tutor, fair enough. but these guys almost just graduated! Truong is a highly qualified medical practitioner and tutors excellently and charges only $12.50 /hour. Why should we pay 3 times more for non-qualified tutors?

Rip off.
That's a rip off. Even Matrix aren't that expensive, 500 dollars per subject, a term and you get qualified teachers/ professors. It only gets more expensive if you're in year 12.

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
well, I think the price is reasonable , $4500 per year for English, Maths and Science

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
Oh, sorry i'm only enrolled in the yr 10 headstart course which is 2hrs per subject per wk

bored.of.u

HSC
Please tell that to the PDF that Richard sent me:

Rich, if you are reading this, please know that I really appreciate your tutoring idea and was eager to come, but we all can't afford tutoring which costs almost as much as an annual private school fee.
i agree its way too much

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
i agree its way too much
lol i agree its pretty high, but that price is for 3 hours of tutoring a week for each subject, it calculates to be a bit less than $25 per hour, which is pretty average nowadays. but its upto you, probably the hours might not be quite worthwhile...

bored.of.u

HSC
lol i agree its pretty high, but that price is for 3 hours of tutoring a week for each subject, it calculates to be a bit less than $25 per hour, which is pretty average nowadays. but its upto you, probably the hours might not be quite worthwhile...
im going there now im doing physics n PMX n the material is good its just what i need but i need to consider travelling coz it is a fair while from my place n the money is a factor

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
And the teachers have almost just graduated for crying out loud!

But can anyone who goes throw in a comment or two about the quality of the tuition? Thanks
Click Here :)
anyways overall, the notes are pretty decent, considering it doesnt talk about any bs, just the straight relevant material, tutors are really good, believe it or not - they mightve just left high school, but theyre really smart in their respective areas, especially english. I like the homework, even though it gets pretty hard, and class sizes are really a strong point since they never take more than 13 students, but in most cases its 5-10 students in one class, overall pretty decent from my perspective :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)