talking to strangers (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
How do you guys do that?

I will soon go to some place where I will meet full of strangers...so yeah...

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Stepping outside of your bedroom for the first time in 17 years can be daunting.

Ask Elisabeth Fritzl.

x3.eddayyeeee

HSC
How do you guys do that?

I will soon go to some place where I will meet full of strangers...so yeah...
the smart guy is asking for help. =)
idk. walk up to them and say hi.
find a common intrest to talk about .ect. ect.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
the smart guy is asking for help. =)
idk. walk up to them and say hi.
find a common intrest to talk about .ect. ect.
ah, it would be easy if they were of same or similar age like the Cosmology camp.

But they are like different in terms of age and etc. It would be hard to find similarities but I will try that, thanks.

HSC
ah, it would be easy if they were of same or similar age like the Cosmology camp.

But they are like different in terms of age and etc. It would be hard to find similarities but I will try that, thanks.
are you talking about uni? if so, fairly sure you will have people with similar interests, eh?

x3.eddayyeeee

HSC

im guessing your talking about uni.
obviously people in the same course will have at least ONE thing in common with you. just expand from there.
Questions like "why did you choose . . . " lead to ->"What field of employment are you hoping to go on to" which leads on to other questions.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
im guessing your talking about uni.
obviously people in the same course will have at least ONE thing in common with you. just expand from there.
Questions like "why did you choose . . . " lead to ->"What field of employment are you hoping to go on to" which leads on to other questions.
its not uni u scrub, its prob the bos workshop

and dude u topped maths, wear a name tag saying i topped maths and wait for ppl to introduce themselves to you

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
its not uni u scrub, its prob the bos workshop

and dude u topped maths, wear a name tag saying i topped maths and wait for ppl to introduce themselves to you
wot, i am not talking about that.

i said that the camp that i am going to doesn't have people in my age group.

i am going to some random military-like camp.

jennieTalia

HSC
I like talking to strangers.
Just remember, you have a lot of good things about yourself that people will be interested in... but in first meetings people like to talk about themselves.
Ask them questions, where abouts they are from etc.
Most people are self centred so allowing them to gabble about number one is a great way to get the first-convo awkwardness out of the way.
If they ask you questions back, it's a bonus, and they are most likely a nice person :p

EDIT: Keeping it non-serious is also good. If you are witty then show it. I would avoid compliments, as they can be difficult to pull off unless it's a "hey that was a good catch" or something!

Ask questions that require them to give a lengthy answer. If you ask yes/no, that's all you will receive, particularly if they aren't comfortable with meeting new people either.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
whatdahecckk. :haha:
ah, tell me about it. my dad is like, "you need to get your head around stuff" and he said that military-like camp will do a good job on me...and it will be like full of people who are older than me (like 5 years old)...

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Well make sure you don't cross boundaries. Start with small talk, then work on hobbies and stuff. Don't go straight into the stuff you would normally discuss with friends -- You've got to establish the base of the 'friendship', even if it's temporary. Although, if you're naturally extrovert - which, no offense, you are clearly not - then you could jjust talk to random people like friends or people you normally know. So your best bet, is to try small talk. Yes I just repeated myself...For emphasis!! :D

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
ah, tell me about it. my dad is like, "you need to get your head around stuff" and he said that military-like camp will do a good job on me...and it will be like full of people who are older than me (like 5 years old)...
lol

That sounds unbelievably shit. I wasn't even aware such things existed in Australia. You sound like the least suitable person in the world for such a thing. Have you considered just not going?

Boxes

Banned
HSC
i always talk to junkies and alcoholics while waiting for trains and buses.

like today, some junkie asks me what the time is and so i tell him 5:15pm. then he proceeds to tell me about how he should be high on marijuana by 5:45. then we start to talk about underbelly.

then he bullshits about how he knows carl stefanovich and how he smokes pot with him every wednesday night.

they're funny.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I imagine the camp will be a lot like basic training in the film 'full metal jacket'.

You're Gomer Pyle.

HSC
I imagine that military camp from The Simpsons where Lisa was the only girl and .........

humph

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)