teacher gift ideas? (1 Viewer)

uniqueusername1

HSC
Be environmentally friendly... use the fire to cook something nice, recycle notes into steak, perhaps?
Sorry sir forgot your patrolled this forum.

How about I violently tear the notes. Chuck them out of my window. And then pick them up after 5 minutes and aggressively chuck them in the Recycle Bin?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Sorry sir forgot your patrolled this forum.

How about I violently tear the notes. Chuck them out of my window. And then pick them up after 5 minutes and aggressively chuck them in the Recycle Bin?
No need to call me "Sir" :)

Recycling is more environmental.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
It's worth noting that this thread has yet to consider the vastly more important topic of gifts for BoS Moderators...
Well, hypothetically speaking, what would be considered a "good" gift for "BoS" moderators? Asking for a friend.

laterz laterz

HSC
Don't know why this is getting so many laugh reacts but a teacher told me that and thank you cards are the best presents that they have received.
Oh don't mind the reactions lol. I actually think Officeworks vouchers would be a good present to give.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Well, hypothetically speaking, what would be considered a "good" gift for "BoS" moderators? Asking for a friend.
I guess I should have anticipated that someone would be asked by a friend to ask! :)

I thought about a few possible responses, but have settled on a serious one.

For the sake of the BoS site, I think one great present for the Moderators would be to continue contributing after you've finished your HSC. To encourage others from your school to join the community. To provide resources for others to use, especially tests, half-yearly exams, year 11 materials, that are useful to others.

If anyone has materials that they'd like to share but which need identifying information removed, etc, feel free to PM me and I'll arrange to collect them by email.

The Moderators and Administrators put in a lot of time and effort, both in posting and behind the scenes, and all of it is given freely as a support for the BoS community. Supporting each other is part of what makes this place a valuable and useful forum, so I think a great way to thank us is to help us to continue and to grow.

Suz D

HSC
what thank you presents should i get the teachers i actually like lmao?
Just something simple but will sentimental value.

For my English teacher, I got her a mug that says "Talk Darcy to Me" (Pride and Prejudice, which she loves)
For my Ancient History teacher, I also got him a mug but with a Roman emperor statue with a list of all the Roman emperors
For my CAFS teachers, my small class and I are getting him a signed football (cause he loves sport) and then a pizza gift card because he was always buying pizza for us

I am still unsure for my other 2 teachers but just something simple is fine (e.g. pot plant, homemade desserts, gift card). If you can, try to get a gift that reflects the teacher, maybe with something specific they like or an inside joke or something. Also, you can never go wrong if you get a simple gift but then write a nice heartful meaningful letter- the encouragement and just the thought probably means more than anything (depends on the teacher of course).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)