Teacher marked me too high.. by mistake. (1 Viewer)

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
Well, My english assignment came back today and the first part was out of 10.
my overall mark was 9.5, but when I added the marks up along the side it was infact 8.5
Overall (including part 2), it allowed me to come first.
yeah, its a pretty minute change.
My teacher has mistakingly marked me to high, I only realised after I got home.
My instincts are telling me to tell the teacher, but someting evil inside me is telling me not too.

It is absolutely, completely and utterly unfair on the others in my year

Has this happened to anyone else?
What did you do?

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
yr 12 hsc - NOONE CARES.

wasting your time, just keep it .

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
It's happened to me. My old Ancient teacher was shocking at maths.

Just take the extra marks. Seriously. HSC + Taking the moral high ground = Disaster.

dp624

HSC
scissors paper rock with the guy who came 2nd.
dont tell him/her why

4theHSC

HSC
Well, My english assignment came back today and the first part was out of 10.
my overall mark was 9.5, but when I added the marks up along the side it was infact 8.5
Overall (including part 2), it allowed me to come first.
yeah, its a pretty minute change.
My teacher has mistakingly marked me to high, I only realised after I got home.
My instincts are telling me to tell the teacher, but someting evil inside me is telling me not too.

It is absolutely, completely and utterly unfair on the others in my year

Has this happened to anyone else?
What did you do?
I'd tell the teacher... straight out... better to be honest and get it through effort... The teachers will probably find out one time or another...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I would tell.

I got marked too high - shouldn't have got 100% in my 3 Unit exam.

So I told him that there was a mistake with the question. But I still ended up getting 100 % because teacher liked my honesty or something...

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Yeah, I would tell.

So I told him that there was a mistake with the question. But I still ended up getting 100 % because teacher liked my honesty or something...
Yeah teachers in my school do that if they like the student. If you get marked too high and tell the teachers then they'll just say: "That's sad!" and won't cut marks.

bluto blaart

HSC
so sad that there are so many cynical short cutters here. Nice to see someone has honesty. Your doubt hints at some integrity. Don't allow those aspiring Gordon Geckos to undermine your personal standards. It's not how much you earn but how you live your life which will be how people will judge you in the end. A reputation for honesty is hard to earn but easy to lose. Look at Judge Einfeld.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Unless you're besties with your teacher, don't count on your mark staying the same.

Sometimes you have to disregard your morals for success. Ultimately, you have to treat the HSC as a game. If there was an easier route to take, that minimised your study time with guaranteed maximum success, and no risk, wouldn't you take it?

Of course you would.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Tell the teacher if you feel guilty. You're honesty will put you in their good books anyway, and in the future they will be subconsciously aware of what you did and will favour you when marking.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
If it was me, I would tell.
Not that im saying you should, but i believe in karma and i always think itll cut me loose at another end

Like for my big assessment task my doctor was offering to give me a special provisions doc cert saying I have juvenile arthritis which makes me write slowly so i could get extra time. I could've done it ( i do have the arthritis but it doesn't make me write slow ) but i didn't because i thought karma would get back at me and id probably do worse than i could've done.

I don't know
Honesty is always the best policy in my books =]
i mean think about the kid who worked his butt off to come first
and maybe he did ( not that im saying you haven't) but if you were that kid, you'd like to get your chance wouldn't you ?

But i don't know
the hsc is a game as well
its really upto you
but i wouldnt be able to keep it to myself lols

goodluckk :]
:wave:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Lol there's nothing wrong with keeping it to yourself. You got an extra mark and you chose to keep it, nothing to be guilty about.
And then you can take the high road and lose yourself a mark for absolutely nothing in return, except maybe a clear conscience.

Baggygreen408

HSC
this has happened to me in the past, in the HSC year inclusive. i told the teacher. but what does make u think, and annoys me, is asking yourself: if someone else was in the same situation, would they do it?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I'd keep it. I always keep my marks unless they're shockingly off. A few marks here or there wont' hurt, and every mark is vital for HSC. Sorry for my lack of morals, but you'll forget about it soon enough it will mean a lot in your HSC.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
During my HSC trial for math i was supposed to get 99 but the teacher gave me 100.

I didn't mind.

gurusson

HSC
Yeah, I would tell.

same thing happened to me with phys, i told, got to keep the marks. if u got a nice teacher, they'll like ur honesty.
also call me a cynic, teacher may just like u nso slipping extra marks
also the most difference it will make is 0.05 uai points

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)