teachers contributing to stress. discuss. (1 Viewer)

acemusic415

HSC
It's just a phase. You get upset because the stress is getting to you. In hindsight, you will realise that your teachers mean well and you're just dramatising the situation. Just ignore it and move on. Trust me, I've been through this.

While I do acknowledge that there is some truth to "english teachers thinking their subject is paramount", I think at the same time, it gives you a wake up call to the importance of time management. It did for me. For my school, a lot of students neglected the study of english and shifted their study time to the other humanities and more importantly, to their mathematics and science subjects. In hindsight, when my teacher nagged me for not doing a certain task, I wanted to spit on their face - but really, they meant well.

theycallmebob

HSC
It's just a phase. You get upset because the stress is getting to you. In hindsight, you will realise that your teachers mean well and you're just dramatising the situation. Just ignore it and move on. Trust me, I've been through this.

While I do acknowledge that there is some truth to "english teachers thinking their subject is paramount", I think at the same time, it gives you a wake up call to the importance of time management. It did for me. For my school, a lot of students neglected the study of english and shifted their study time to the other humanities and more importantly, to their mathematics and science subjects. In hindsight, when my teacher nagged me for not doing a certain task, I wanted to spit on their face - but really, they meant well.
I do understand this. I know that it's in students' interests.

I just think that 17-18 year-olds should be treated like 17-18 year-olds.

acemusic415

HSC
I do understand this. I know that it's in students' interests.

I just think that 17-18 year-olds should be treated like 17-18 year-olds.
That's true. At my school, when we reached senior years, they treated us like adults. They nagged us every now and then and gave us, "the talk".

I hope you don't take everything harsh your teachers are doing too seriously. Just focus and move on. Try your best to brush it off.

jamesruserox

small member
HSC
I honestly think I don't need to go to class for half my subjects. I think I could teaching myself so much better than they're teaching me now.

Cl324

HSC
N/A
I honestly think I don't need to go to class for half my subjects. I think I could teaching myself so much better than they're teaching me now.
Yeah me too. Decided to stay home for a week, lost motivation for studying after 3rd day

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Im not sure some teachers realise everyone has 10 or more units and therefore can't focus on their subject. Especially during assessment period grrr
hahah ^ this definitely.
prioritising's the way to go :)

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
While i agree that you could probably be more specific to the syllabus requirements studying by yourself, they wouldn't give you someting that is completely useless. Adding to this i think school provides a good sense of "structure" and sense of direction in learning. And this adds to motivation.

Also it's fine to say you'll do other work. But if you think of the average person, would they be as motivated?

oood

HSC
agreed! apparently I was talking too loud one math lesson and my teacher made me sit at the back of the room and tried to intimidate me into working. she kept going about how I had potential to do really well and 'with my permission' she was going to 'push me', like i'm some ignorant 5 year old kid. ironically, the only reason I usually do well at maths is because I do tutoring...

mirakon

nigga
HSC
the one thing that bugs me about the HSC so far is the amount of pressure teachers put on people. if you're late for homework or don't do this or that they tear you up. it stresses me out.

sure it's their job to make sure we succeed, and it makes their job easier if we cooperate, but in the end it's my business, my problem.

I say they should treat us uni fashion. leave it up to us.

I call for change, people.

EDIT
I'm not a whiney teenager, just a campaigner for respect
By the end of the hsc your opinion will most likely change, trust me

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Most teachers will have your best interests at heart, so, it's not as if they're just riding your ass just cause they enjoy it. Be thankful that your teacher cares enough about you to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)