• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Teachers Pets (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Don't you just HATE them?!?!

I swear, there's this chick in one of my classes and she could have written a sentence in one of her essays, handed it in and she still would have gotten a good 20/30.

Favouritism grates my nerves.

hk31

HSC
lol...there's one of those at my school too...
same here...i think the teacher looks @ his name on the paper and automatically gives him full marks...

Universal

HSC
N/A
hahaha... my friend and i wrote an essay together before a visual arts exam.. memorised it and then re wrote it word for word during the exam. Our response was 'exactly' the same, not one difference. When we got the results back she received full marks and i was graded five marks less. Go figure?
who ever said being the favourite doesn't pay off?

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
yeh thats why u have to swallow ur pride a bit and suck up

anyway, thats why they got us (our school anyway) writin our student numbers on tests instead of names

Benno

HSC
but teachers can tell from writting any way, we have a teachers pet aswell infact out teacher has us all in rank from favourtie to hated.. lol

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol
wat if YOU are the teacher's pet? would u hate yourself?

I was a tutor's pet last semester at uni...it seemed like I'd get good marks from her even though I rarely put that much effort in

Giant Lobster

HSC
Not sure about the teacher's pet thing, but giving the impression to the teacher that ur the best (or one of) in the class is a good strategy. No sucking up needed, just ask smart questions beyond the scope of course / annoy teacher wif questions they cant answer and theyll think ur pro and theyll go "positive marking" when they see ur name on the test paper. probably.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I hate it when its other people but its usually me so it doesnt bother me hehe........

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Minai
lol
wat if YOU are the teacher's pet? would u hate yourself?
im not really a teachers pet or anything, but i know my english teacher prefers me a lot more than some of the other people in my class...like, when we do group work the other people told me to go and beg her for more time coz she 'likes me'..lol, how funny..but it is possible to be a teachers pet or favourite or whatever and still get shit marks..like, at the start of last year i was getting like 12/20 for all my essays..admitially they were shit..but it can be turned around, now my essays are getting 18-19-20/20, and i know its not coz she prefers me, but because thats what my work deserves.
ya just gotta put the effort in

Originally posted by Universal
hahaha... my friend and i wrote an essay together before a visual arts exam.. memorised it and then re wrote it word for word during the exam. Our response was 'exactly' the same, not one difference. When we got the results back she received full marks and i was graded five marks less. Go figure?
who ever said being the favourite doesn't pay off?
but wouldnt that enable the teacher to say you were cheating because your essays were exactly the same?

is a roflcopter
HSC
our school makes us use numbers but that doesnt mean shit
theres still favouritism and stuff

like one kid had beef with this teacher and he got like 12/20 when he usually gets full marks hahaha

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
using numbers is total bullshit, i mean, do you really think that if you hand something in your teacher wont be able to tell you wrote it? i mean, fair enough the other teachers might not know, but your teacher definitly will..and not just by your hand writing, but by your writing style and your ideas...

is a roflcopter
HSC
or they can just check the list with numbers and names :p

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
student numbers in internal assessments mean buggery, they have a sheet with numbers/names anyway...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
just keep in mind that 'teachers pets' dont always ask to be teachers pets..i mean, sure there are kids that suck up and try to become teachers pets, but for others it just happens..like me :(

s2ophie

HSC
i wouldn't say i'm a teacher's pet but have done my best not to offend my teachers! its certainly better to keep on their good side.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
It's not so much as trying to keep on the teachers good side. It's more a matter of sucking up just to get good marks. And when a teacher favours a student, it happens more.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
It's not so much as trying to keep on the teachers good side. It's more a matter of sucking up just to get good marks. And when a teacher favours a student, it happens more.
i am a teachers pet, i admit it...but i definitly dont suck up, theres nothing i hate more. its just im nice to them, i dont give them shit. its not my fault if they favour me over others.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
No sucking up needed, just ask smart questions beyond the scope of course / annoy teacher wif questions they cant answer and theyll think ur pro and theyll go "positive marking" when they see ur name on the test paper. probably.
or they will find you intimidating and think that you are questioning things too much and therefore hate you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)