• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Teacher's Pets (1 Viewer)

Scanorama

HSC
Yeah the Year 12 Year Advisor, she is a bitch. She loved this fat chick, who looked like a man in our year. The year advisor made this 5 minutes speech at a formal assembly in front of everyone complimenting how helpful she was to everyone in the school. Whenever people need help, Emma (the chick's name), will be the first one to volunteer to help. After the speech, she gave her a present, which was a discman, using the P&C fund to purchase it.

Everyone in the school knows, in any given day, she acted like a bitch. Wanna her to help you out? Unless you are a teacher, or the teachers are around. She sucked up the teacher totally.

Academically, she has one of the lowest mark in the class across all subjects. I did an group assignment with her once, and she is definitely not helpful. It ended up I had to do her part, which is ridiculous. She might be very active in sport, but I can't see why she deserved to have a whole paragraph dedicated to her in the school magazine.

The chick got like 30.2UAI, one of the lowest in the school, meanwhile the person she hates most got into uni.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Trev said:
lol, do you still put your name on your exam papers? for every english paper we do we're required to put our board of studies number down, so they can't tell who it is when marking (unless its a stupid speech, or this stupid thing we're doing next assessment :vcross: )
On some of our exams we put names.

I have this one teacher who tells us that if we don't put our number on our test with him, then he'll look up our name and automatically deduct marks!
I think he's just threatening; but gee it works!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
for my teacher, we all know that she favours the female students more. she is also the only advanced english teacher in the grade, so there is no other 2nd opinion.

in our last assessment task mine was the one she praised, and told everyone to model their writing style like mine. i then get my task back, and ended up having the 2nd highest mark. the ironic thing is that for context, audience and style heading, i got a limited achievement. if my writing style was so good, should not it have been a high achievement or at least outcomes, this would have put at outright 1st.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
lol... my priciple who takes us 4 a few 3u maths classes hates the whole fukn class.. he clicks every 5 sec. expt he loves the skool captain, n vise (who are both in our class), he realy hates me cos im alwasy correcting and challanging him, and im like 1 of mabey 5 ppl in thw whole skool who aight scared of him.
my real maths teacher dose favour the top students. no intentionly but i fink its got 2 do with that we r all wog n so is he, we r like the only ppl in da class that can understand his accent... its funni in 4u there is 5 of us, 2 leboz, 2 gypoz, n an asian... its like he is teaching only 4 of us... its mean i no but funni cos im on the right end of the stick
my other classes the teachers dont realy favour ne1...
English, my teacher has the select few she teases... althou she defently will help students who work hard.
in Chemistry my teacher is less likly 2 help the "smarter" (not smarter the 1z that jus get it easyer) and he puts alot of effort in2 those that try hard n dont alwayz get top marks.. which is understandable...
My physics teacher hates or class, in a class of 25odd only about 5 of us actually answer question n listen...

Last edited:

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
My english teacher and I got along really well, it was on a professional basis. Now that I've left school we are in regular contact. She a close family friend and gets on with my folks.

Danoz The Great

HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
My english teacher and I got along really well, it was on a professional basis. Now that I've left school we are in regular contact. She a close family friend and gets on with my folks.
My PC (homeroom) teacher and my folks are friends. It's pretty weird lol.
But yeah, I don't suck up or anything, like lisa lalor in my previous post.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
I find it pretty cool though coz during my second yr of yr 12 my she transferred to a different school due to family comittments and she was then able to give me stacks of HSC advice without any of the professional red tape. Another thing to is that I get to see her lots during holidays and stuff..... And now I've been asked as a special guest to her school later this year so its kool and I look forward to it. As well as being spoilt! :p

Danoz The Great

HSC
Wow, that is pretty cool. English advice and all.

And what's the school thing? Is that to a school function or something?

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
yeh it is pretty cool, the school thing is for me to talk to the class of 06 on how i got through hsc with a severe physical disability and to get them exposed to disability as they only have students with learning difficulties. Also I'll share with them how and why I was published in dolly magazine (which they now use for teaching material at that school)
I will also help out in their support unit as well as sit in on an ESL class and assist all hsc students as a tutor. Before I leave I will also formally present the school with my major yr 12 artwork. All in all its going to be a ver hectic wk and so far its taken six months of preparation and i'm not even close to finished with it. Going to be a very interesting week there.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
dani_danoz said:
I think that's a great thing you're doing! All the best with it.
Thanks I hear that the school is very excited about the whole thing, I must admitt along with the excitement I'm very nervous about it too mainly because Its going to be my first public thing away from home and I'm going to be two to three hours away from home. And it'll be very strange being in the city on my own more or less

Danoz The Great

HSC
I can see why you're nervous, it's a pretty huge thing you're doing.

But it'll be heaps exciting too. Again, I think it's a greta thing you're doing.

*Thumbs Up*

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
dani_danoz said:
I can see why you're nervous, it's a pretty huge thing you're doing.

But it'll be heaps exciting too. Again, I think it's a greta thing you're doing.

*Thumbs Up*
I'm looking forward to being on the other side of things, the funniest thing is going to be in the classroom after just doing my hsc last year and in a way being the teacher, but Nancy (the teacher at this school) thinks its going to be great for me and everyone else. only three terms to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
my Yr 11 homeroom teacher and maths teacher (not the principle other 1) like knowz my parents... at parent teacher interviews they talk about family stuff in arabic, while i look around the room. he doesn need 2 comment on me much n its real funni

Danoz The Great

HSC
Yeah sammy, it would be good, as it would increase oyur confidence, and I think it'd motivate the students a lot.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
dani_danoz said:
Yeah sammy, it would be good, as it would increase oyur confidence, and I think it'd motivate the students a lot.
I hope so, its not a school thats unknown either (unlike mine which was like "...huh where's that?...") this school was over in Vienna last yr representing Australia in Music from recommendation of the education minister (Chatswood High) So I hope I don't stuff up too much!!!

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
don't think any of mine are. they're in it for the money.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Ugh, I hate the sons and daughters of other teachers. It's worse when the offspring of department leaders are taught by other members of that department...hate, hate, hate.

deano059

HSC
Gavrillo said:
Ugh, I hate the sons and daughters of other teachers. It's worse when the offspring of department leaders are taught by other members of that department...hate, hate, hate.
yes definately, big problem at my school. u cannot tell me their own department staff dont give their kid the exams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)