• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Teacher's Pets (2 Viewers)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
All teachers have pets; some just hide it better, or they at least try not to pick favourites. But I used to be the teacher's pet (many many years ago) and I can safely say it's the most useful thing you can do in school. When a teacher likes you they unconsciously look for places to mark you up instead of places to mark you down. Also, it means you can get away with murder. ;)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Zoltan said:
All teachers have pets; some just hide it better, or they at least try not to pick favourites. But I used to be the teacher's pet (many many years ago) and I can safely say it's the most useful thing you can do in school. When a teacher likes you they unconsciously look for places to mark you up instead of places to mark you down. Also, it means you can get away with murder. ;)
I could not agree with you more there;)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i used to have this english teacher who was lesbian, and she liked me and gave me good marks. LOL... but i don't think the lesbianism had to do with it :rolleyes:
there are a lot of teachers at my school who heavily favour students.
aka our current english teachers, who favour those who discuss eagerly in class and are generally louder. i'm a silent-ish person but i still listen and take notes.
in exams where we write essays, they can become biased because they might look at the name and it says " insert name of smart student " and have an impression that the essay is excellent before they even read it. '-_-

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
lol! just caus im always happy doesn't mean im good at music :p your better anyway :( lol.
Liar. :) Seriously though, they're so enthusiastic and motivated... you're right up their alley. But that's cool, cos the english staff usually like me... I swear when I handed in my essay along with like one other person in the year on the day it was due, my teacher nearly cried.

I mean it's good when teachers like you, but when it's obviously biased (ie. you're a teacher's pet and haven't really done anything to deserve the attention apart from sucking up, like me) then it's not cool... makes you feel dirty. :p

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Too true. :) Lunch, however, remains my favourite subject. Oh, and nap time (ie. the parts of maths when I can get away with actually falling asleep). :p

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
i used to have this english teacher who was lesbian, and she liked me and gave me good marks. LOL... but i don't think the lesbianism had to do with it :rolleyes:
there are a lot of teachers at my school who heavily favour students.
aka our current english teachers, who favour those who discuss eagerly in class and are generally louder. i'm a silent-ish person but i still listen and take notes.
in exams where we write essays, they can become biased because they might look at the name and it says " insert name of smart student " and have an impression that the essay is excellent before they even read it. '-_-
i'm the quiet type too *nudge*

but my english teacher gives me good marks. like.. he's always giving me stupid marks like 19.989.. and.. 19.75.. "oh you aren't performing at your usual standard".. then when he marks the assessment.. i get rank 1 .__." and now all my friends are saying that he remembers my handwriting style --"...

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
The way to go (if you want to become a teacher's pet) is to first pick a teacher that has pets, not one who will seee through it. Then do all your work to a high standard, neat, on time, for the first term or so. Keep quiet in class although you should sometimes ask semi-intelligent (not too intelligent) questions relating to the topic. Take notes when you don't have to and sit with other people who are nerds. Then, once you have fully ingratiated yourself, you're allowed to relax; reap the benefits of doing the same amount of work as in your other classes, but getting better marks because you have your tongue so very far up the teacher's ass.

Hope this has been helpful to you. :)

By the way, I would like to repeat that I DON'T DO THIS ANY MORE; it's a phase I grew out of a while ago. Teachers only like me because I do my work, but I only do my work because I want to do well, not because I want teachers treating me like a golden child.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
oh my god. she has a teacher suck up PROVEN forumla and everything
:rolleyes: :p
im probably a teachers pet in physics come to think of it, but thats only caus i hand in all my work, do lots of work and come first... hmm... lol well might be still coming first after these exams we'll see.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
My Suck Up To Teacher formula is PATENTED, so don't you dare think of passing it off as your own. ;)

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Getting slightly back on the topic here, whoever said the children of teachers at the school are the worst thing... damn straight. They get all the awards and shit and never get in any trouble... it would take a very brave member of a faculty to get a child in trouble when you know that their angry and protective parent controls whether or not you have a job tomorrow.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Haha, you'd better hope no one on this forum is going to find out you said that and then tell her! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)