Tekken vs Street Fighter (1 Viewer)

diesel lee

HSC
Tekken 6 came out at the perfect time, after the hype behind SFIV has died down a bit. SSF is more balls out then Tekken, but Tekken you actually need to be a good fighter to win. SF was hella fun when it came out at the arcades..

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Tekken 6 came out at the perfect time, after the hype behind SFIV has died down a bit. SSF is more balls out then Tekken, but Tekken you actually need to be a good fighter to win. SF was hella fun when it came out at the arcades..
lol what

cause yeah sf requries no skill to win =\

HSC
imo street fighter is a-bit difficult to play with some of the characters and tekken has got some of the characters that are really shit to play with.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
imo street fighter is a-bit difficult to play with some of the characters and tekken has got some of the characters that are really shit to play with.
I remember the first time I played SF4. Being a Tekken/Soul Calibur player throughout my childhood, picking Vega as my main was a bad, bad idea...

So I switched to Sagat. And then picked up Vega again (though he's too shit to use effectively..)

SF4 is hard at first, you'll need a stick to play properly, but if you stick with it for long enough, it's gets better. Online code is also the best so far (but probably not as good as Blazblue's online)

HSC
I remember the first time I played SF4. Being a Tekken/Soul Calibur player throughout my childhood, picking Vega as my main was a bad, bad idea...

So I switched to Sagat. And then picked up Vega again (though he's too shit to use effectively..)

SF4 is hard at first, you'll need a stick to play properly, but if you stick with it for long enough, it's gets better. Online code is also the best so far (but probably not as good as Blazblue's online)
yeh, i meant that it can be difficult to play professionally with some characters in sf4.

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
So I just got SFIV like an hour ago, no arcade stick yet (might not even get one).

I'm doing those trial things on easy, and some of them are just impossible for me. Like Ryu's J.HP, HK, QCF, QCF+P or even Sagat's Fake Kick.

I find that when using a pad, it's a lot easier to just mash QCF and accidentally throw out a super when I actually want a Shoryuken or something.

I'm not even thinking about playing SFIV online yet, since I need to read up on some stats and shit - spacing, flowchart Ken, I don't know any of that stuff yet.

Oh yeah, and I'll never EVER get the hang of charge characters. Not even El Fuerte and the Quesadilla Bomb (I really wish I could be good with him, though).

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
if you're gonna do trials, at least use the analog stick, d-pad is the worst invention out.

are you on ps3 btw?

charge characters imo are 100x easier on a stick :p

youngminii

Banned
HSC
That's true, charge characters are a bitch on d-pad. Although I dislike charge characters in general :)

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
That's true, charge characters are a bitch on d-pad. Although I dislike charge characters in general :)
I disliked them too but if you spend a bit of time with them, the charge movements get much easier to pull off.

Most people though will start off fucking around with the shotokans.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
So I just got SFIV like an hour ago, no arcade stick yet (might not even get one).

I'm doing those trial things on easy, and some of them are just impossible for me. Like Ryu's J.HP, HK, QCF, QCF+P or even Sagat's Fake Kick.

I find that when using a pad, it's a lot easier to just mash QCF and accidentally throw out a super when I actually want a Shoryuken or something.

I'm not even thinking about playing SFIV online yet, since I need to read up on some stats and shit - spacing, flowchart Ken, I don't know any of that stuff yet.

Oh yeah, and I'll never EVER get the hang of charge characters. Not even El Fuerte and the Quesadilla Bomb (I really wish I could be good with him, though).
Fake kick is useless.

Go ahead and play online. Fastest way for you to improve.

I don't think El Fuerte is a charge character?

If you have PSN, i'll play you sometime.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Fake kick is useless.

Go ahead and play online. Fastest way for you to improve.

I don't think El Fuerte is a charge character?

If you have PSN, i'll play you sometime.
Nah, kara kick can let you link it into a tiger uppercut. Helps to bait and also close in on jumpin character.

ps. play now, ill go online.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Nah, kara kick can let you link it into a tiger uppercut. Helps to bait and also close in on jumpin character.

ps. play now, ill go online.
I'm at work... :mad1:

I'm gonna give SF4 up soon. Just waiting for my copy of Tekken 6 to arrive.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
tekken sucks dude, you can't play online. the netcode is horrible, at least 1s delay no matter who you play.

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
PSN: Siebenzer

Net got capped, but I still won't dare to play SFIV online just yet. Still a qcf masher at heart. Today I tried to do Ryu's Ultra but ended up throwing out his EX Shoryuken a few times...
I still haven't finished any character's 'easy' challenge trials, so I'm gonna give 'hard' a go later.

El Fuerte has that one charge move where you hold a kick button down for a few seconds, the Quesadilla Bomb.
I just find it hard to manage myself while simultaneously charging a move and doing whatever else I need to survive. And I can't imagine myself pulling off a charge super in a match, regardless of d-pad or not.

Tekken 6 just got an online play patch today, it's gotten good feedback so far, but not many have used it yet (uncluding me).

How's the player match community in SFIV? (Not ranked battle)
I've played player match on T6 for quite a bit (this was pre-patch times, lagfest), and out of maybe 100 matches I've received only one butthurt hatemail and maybe two late-in-the-match disconnections.

And about Tekken's online - before the patch, I had a full-bar match against someone local, it was basically lag-free. With lag, I could press some stuff 1s before the match started and have it come out right when the match begins, but that time, it didn't work.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
PSN: Siebenzer

Net got capped, but I still won't dare to play SFIV online just yet. Still a qcf masher at heart. Today I tried to do Ryu's Ultra but ended up throwing out his EX Shoryuken a few times...
I still haven't finished any character's 'easy' challenge trials, so I'm gonna give 'hard' a go later.

El Fuerte has that one charge move where you hold a kick button down for a few seconds, the Quesadilla Bomb.
I just find it hard to manage myself while simultaneously charging a move and doing whatever else I need to survive. And I can't imagine myself pulling off a charge super in a match, regardless of d-pad or not.

Tekken 6 just got an online play patch today, it's gotten good feedback so far, but not many have used it yet (uncluding me).

How's the player match community in SFIV? (Not ranked battle)
I've played player match on T6 for quite a bit (this was pre-patch times, lagfest), and out of maybe 100 matches I've received only one butthurt hatemail and maybe two late-in-the-match disconnections.

And about Tekken's online - before the patch, I had a full-bar match against someone local, it was basically lag-free. With lag, I could press some stuff 1s before the match started and have it come out right when the match begins, but that time, it didn't work.
ill add you now, i'm txpc.

only way you'll learn is playing online tbh.

1. player math community sucks because it's borderline impossible to get a good connection. if yo udo, make sure you add the person so that you can get games up whenever you come online, otherwise its a nightmare findinign games.

and ooo ill check out tekken update now.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I've been a Tekken player since T1 XD.

My friends hate me cause I've learned impeccable timing and how to "counter every move" lol.

Either that, or my friends are shit at T6...

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
SF games in general i reckon has a steeper learning curve because of all the hlaf rotations and shit

tekken was good for me cos it was just hit buttons in perscribed order, kgo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)