Tekken vs Street Fighter (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
SF games in general i reckon has a steeper learning curve because of all the hlaf rotations and shit

tekken was good for me cos it was just hit buttons in perscribed order, kgo
agreed.

tekken = do moves in order. shit loads of time to hit confirm

sf = make sure u hit confirm, and if u do u only get a split second to combo it.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
PSN: Siebenzer

Net got capped, but I still won't dare to play SFIV online just yet. Still a qcf masher at heart. Today I tried to do Ryu's Ultra but ended up throwing out his EX Shoryuken a few times...
I still haven't finished any character's 'easy' challenge trials, so I'm gonna give 'hard' a go later.

El Fuerte has that one charge move where you hold a kick button down for a few seconds, the Quesadilla Bomb.
I just find it hard to manage myself while simultaneously charging a move and doing whatever else I need to survive. And I can't imagine myself pulling off a charge super in a match, regardless of d-pad or not.

Tekken 6 just got an online play patch today, it's gotten good feedback so far, but not many have used it yet (uncluding me).

How's the player match community in SFIV? (Not ranked battle)
I've played player match on T6 for quite a bit (this was pre-patch times, lagfest), and out of maybe 100 matches I've received only one butthurt hatemail and maybe two late-in-the-match disconnections.

And about Tekken's online - before the patch, I had a full-bar match against someone local, it was basically lag-free. With lag, I could press some stuff 1s before the match started and have it come out right when the match begins, but that time, it didn't work.
I say stick to El Fuerte. Nobody uses him online to be honest. Probably because his moves have so many variations, he needs to run in order to be effective and his ultra is a big tricky to time into.

PLayer community is pretty tough. Most people are decent and you won't get that many scrubs nowadays as the game has been out awhile now. Try doing player matches and championship matches first. Then have a go at ranked.

If all goes well, I'll have Tekken 6 lying in wait in my mailbox when I go home tonight after party :skip:

SF games in general i reckon has a steeper learning curve because of all the hlaf rotations and shit

tekken was good for me cos it was just hit buttons in perscribed order, kgo
Once you get past hat learning curve, the game becomes so much more enjoyable. I had to main Sagat first before moving over to Vega as you'll be losing a shitload at the beginning.

Btw, Super SF4 is coming out. So you'll have Juri, T. Hawk, Dee Jay, Cody, Adon, Guy and a few others to play with next year.

Found out just then I won a copy of Tekken 6. Fucking hell... Shouldn't have bought it on ebay earlier.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
really tempted to sell tekken cause even with the update, the lag is unbearable.

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
I got a stick (lol TE) and I absolutely suck butt at SFIV.

I can't even pull off a Shinkuu Hadouken consistently.

And I find it hard to do a Tatsumaki in the air.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC

Then stop fucking around with Ryu and pick up a charge character instead.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

how much/where did u get it?

and yes it takes 2-3 months to get used to a stick

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
just wondering who is top tier for street fighter? chun li, ryu and ken?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
gaaa i hate sagat he is too broken!!!!!!

RYU FTW!!

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
how much/where did u get it?

and yes it takes 2-3 months to get used to a stick
I got it for $183.50 from some guy on whirlpool.net.au, picked it up from him.

He supposedly got it from Singapore through his friend.

I would have bought it for $99 USD but I'd have to go through the hassle of using a proxy + commission fees etc., so this was really quite convenient and cheap. Arrived in like half a week.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I got it for $183.50 from some guy on whirlpool.net.au, picked it up from him.

He supposedly got it from Singapore through his friend.

I would have bought it for $99 USD but I'd have to go through the hassle of using a proxy + commission fees etc., so this was really quite convenient and cheap. Arrived in like half a week.
Good price.

Funny how you got it off whirlpool? Those forums really need a game-trading section like www.palgn.com.au

To everyone else, is the new TE stick just a redesign of the first?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
wow 99 USD....that's crazy, can you link me to the site?

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
Funny how you got it off whirlpool? Those forums really need a game-trading section like www.palgn.com.au

To everyone else, is the new TE stick just a redesign of the first?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure selling stuff/advertising isn't allowed in there, but the 'SFIV stick' thread didn't have anyone anal enough to report it. Don't even know if that specific case was against the rules.

As for the TE round 2, I'm pretty sure there are only cosmetic changes (colour scheme etc.)

wow 99 USD....that's crazy, can you link me to the site?
SF4 fighting sticks - Part 3 - Console - Gaming - Whirlpool Forums

They were in that post, but it looks like they've raised the price since then.

is anyone finding tekken 6 boring?
I'm getting sick of bad connections and how there are so many of them. And when there are good ones, it's only with the same people over and over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)