Telling the Truth - Related Texts (1 Viewer)

insanerp

HSC
- Act III, Scene II of William Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar" (where the famous "friends, Romans... I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him" comes from) - links to people in power controlling the truth (Smaller Fish to Fry, This Night of Nights Frontline episodes)

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A27WlYOSbtU&NR - links to image over the truth etc

stariiskiez

HSC
rockets said:
what does everyone think of using 'erin brockovich'???
My teacher banned my whole class in using that movie because it's too common but there are so much you can write about the film relating to truth. Ask what your teacher thinks about it.

I'm thinking about doing "triumph of the will" or "victory of the faith", both of which are nazi propaganda films. Only if i can find it...

bella-uno

HSC
Anyone looking for related texts try liking The Siege- Frontline And "Not Without My Daughter" by Betty Mahmoody and "More law than love" article from Sydney Morning Herald 13 November 2006. They all deal with similar issues.

locascio

HSC
I am thinking of using a Midnight Oil song. I think some of his lyrics would be great as they are his representation of how he views an event. e.g. "Blue Sky Mine".

Breeza90

HSC
My "thesis on truth" is about truth and power.
I'm doing To Kill A Mockingbird (pretty confident on analysis for this 1) and was thinkin of doing a recent Government cover-up as the other. Ideas were:
  • AWB Scandal
  • J. Kovco cover-up
  • David Hicks (probaly not)
  • Weapons of mass destruction
But I don't know how to analyse them in relation to telling the truth and techniques. Any suggestions??? :confused:
13 MORE SLEEPS TILL XMAS! YAY!! :santa:

*miranda*

HSC
the AWB sounds really good - if you find a good feature article about it with comments about the coverup that would be even better - techniques would be easy then, you'd just have to worry about the rep of truth in it

*miranda*

HSC
hi i was wondering if anyone could help....how do you relate feature article techniques to representation of the truth? (like how they made that representation with those techniques)? I am getting confused and my head is about to explode!
thanks anyone

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
*miranda* said:
hi i was wondering if anyone could help....how do you relate feature article techniques to representation of the truth? (like how they made that representation with those techniques)? I am getting confused and my head is about to explode!
thanks anyone
here's what you should be doing.

analyse the text in terms of your thesis.
Eg: if your thesis was based around how the truth obtained from something is changed through perspective, you woulc be reading ur article in relation to this thesis. (don't use this, was very badly worded).

Once u find some proof that sustains a good arguement in terms of ur thesis, then go analyse the techniques that support the proof you have obtained.

Eg: Closeups in films allow greater insight into the emotions and hence, the truth that is being conveyed. or something like that.

it's pretty much a rough idea,,, but i hope u get it.

*miranda*

HSC
yeah i get that - its just hard sometimes to work out how colloquial language has been used to represent that john howard is a liar...its the wording i think i'm having trouble with...:S ugh. i'm tired i don't even know if that mad sense.

HSC
can anyone out there help me out on techniques in the movie chicago related to ttt? or jack johnsons song 'cookie jar'? any help appreciated. ta.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
are they free or do we have to buy them? if they're free then PLEASE PLEASE SEND THIS WAY!!!
:D

dustyz

HSC
may also wanna try OUTFOXED: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

elle148

HSC
The film 'Sylvia'.

Also, my teacher said if you can find pictures of Sylvia Plath they can sometimes be really good.

sdaher

HSC
extras could be used, if you can relate and explain it well enough

sushiii

HSC
could u use propaganda for media

im confused soo r we suposed to find a related text that manipulates the truth or a text showing us how the truth is munipluated by the media

a walrus

HSC
I can't find staright answer anywhere about whether you can use a prescribed text from one module or subject as a related text for another, i.e. an extension 1 prescribed text as a Telling the Truth related text. I've serarched the forum over and over again, run through the syllabus, and this thread has contradictory viewpoints on it. Can anyone help?

salco

wooop!
HSC
a walrus said:
I can't find staright answer anywhere about whether you can use a prescribed text from one module or subject as a related text for another, i.e. an extension 1 prescribed text as a Telling the Truth related text. I've serarched the forum over and over again, run through the syllabus, and this thread has contradictory viewpoints on it. Can anyone help?
.. umm i think you can
i don't do ext anymore.. but my friends used a prescribed yr 11 text for their area of study
... and the ext teacher is a bit of a stickler for rules n stuff

... lol that was no help at all was it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)