[TENNIS] The Championships, Wimbledon - 2013 GENTLEMEN EDITION (1 Viewer)

Your favourite to win Wimbledon 2013?

• N. Djokovic [the reigning AO champion]

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A. Murray [the reigning USO champion]

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • R. Federer [the DEFENDING champion, greatest on grass]

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • D. Ferrer [the supreme defender]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R. Nadal [the GOD of CLAY]

• J. Tsonga [Serve 'N' Volleyer, supreme athleticism]

• T. Berdych [the BIG HITTER]

• J. DEL POTRO [the 2009 USO CHAMPION]

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • LUKAS ROSOL [the NADAL slayer]

• Other (i.e. who obviously has no chance)

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I stood and cheered loudly when that ball hit the net.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
nole was horrible tonight.... even at the end he made those clutch points, then had a chance to go up advantage, but did such a weak smash -_- should've put it away, giving himself another chance

Makematics

HSC
i dont support murray, i am just anti-nole. with that being said i dont like murray much. nadal and fed r better

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
PROJECTED RUN - PREDICTIONS
DJOKOVIC, Novak (SRB) [1] - FINALS (Easy run to the finals, has 'pigeon' Ferrer in the semis... But will lose to a more supreme grass court player in the final)
MURRAY, Andy (GBR) [2] - CHAMPION (It's his time. Only player to have been in the semis or a later stage for the past 4 Wimbledons. Lost to an inspired Federer last year in the finals. Demolished Federer on the same court at the Olympics weeks later. Arguably, one of the best grass court players in recent times)
FEDERER, Roger (SUI) [3] - QUARTER-FINALS (I don't think he can overcome the Nadal-mental block... 10-20 H2H in favour of Nadal despite having a positive H2H on grass with 2-1 but he's old/declining... Despite winning last year, he got knocked out in the quarters in 2010 and 2011)
FERRER, David (ESP) [4] - SEMI-FINALS (He can beat everyone under him but not those above him - i.e. the Big 4. So I expect he will not be able to beat Novak in the semis UNLESS Novak gets upset beforehand)
NADAL, Rafael (ESP) [5] - SEMI-FINALS (However, if he beats Murray who he actually has a 3-0 H2H against at Wimbledon.... then I expect him to be CHAMPION. Only Novak's 2011 form can beat Nadal on grass... otherwise, Nadal is generally the better grass courter... He's been in 5 finals out of the last 6 Wimbledons...)
TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried (FRA) [6] - QUARTER-FINALS (Despite reaching the semis for the past two Wimbledons... I don't think he can overcome Murray... he lost to Murray in ATP Queens 2013 edition...)
BERDYCH, Tomas (CZE) [7] - QUARTER-FINALS (He holds a poor H2H record against Djokovic... Unless he conjures up his 2010 Wimbledon form which allowed him to beat Federer and Djokovic back to back... I think 'pigeon' Berdych will let Novak through)
DEL POTRO, Juan Martin (ARG) [8] - BEFORE QUARTER-FINALS (He's not consistent enough on grass and isn't in good form at the moment)

What do you guys think? Any comments/predictions?

Discuss.

[Despite my prediction, I'm rooting for Roger to win it again for an 8th Wimbledon!]
So my prediction for the final was right.

But Novak fans can definitely blame Delpo for giving Novak a tough match - all those physically gruelling rallies.

Meanwhile Murray's SF with JJ was short (physically less demanding) because JJ is the guy who serves big + plays short points.

All in all, Murray is definitely becoming the better grass player than Djokovic (I think better than Novak so far despite the fact they have 1 final + 1 title at Wimbledon each but Murray has Olympic Gold on grass too and those Queens titles)

2 more Wimbledons could see Murray eclipse Nadal.

Makematics

HSC
So my prediction for the final was right.

But Novak fans can definitely blame Delpo for giving Novak a tough match - all those physically gruelling rallies.

Meanwhile Murray's SF with JJ was short (physically less demanding) because JJ is the guy who serves big + plays short points.

All in all, Murray is definitely becoming the better grass player than Djokovic (I think better than Novak so far despite the fact they have 1 final + 1 title at Wimbledon each but Murray has Olympic Gold on grass too and those Queens titles)

2 more Wimbledons could see Murray eclipse Nadal.
solid prediction and analysis haha

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont support murray, i am just anti-nole. with that being said i dont like murray much. nadal and fed r better
I am worried about this pair.

Nadal is starting to become NEARLY irrelevant in grass + hard courts (except for slower hard courts like Indian Wells). His only fortress left is clay and the French Open.

Federer's decline is so rapid, it's not even funny -
2012 AO - SEMIS
2012 FO - SEMIS
2012 Wimby - CHAMP
2012 USO - QUARTERS
2013 AO - SEMIS
2013 FO - QUARTERS
2013 Wimby - 2nd round
2013 USO - ???

Federer doesn't have a fortress left at all.

Murray + Novak are rising on hard courts.
Murray is a giant threat on grass.
He has a mental block against Nadal at EVERY SLAM not just at the French Open.

Very worrisome.

Makematics

HSC
well its good that there is some variety. its never fun when one person just dominates for years on end.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I was the only vote for Murray.
:haha:

Well my head was right (Murray would win) and my heart was wrong (Federer would pull through)

solid prediction and analysis haha
But many of my predictions were not even close.

E.g. I thought Delpo would not reach the semis or quarters even.

The fact that he did beat Ferrer to reach the semis, caused Djokovic to burn out before the finals.... had Novak played Ferrer in the semis... I think it could change everything...

Also, early exits from BOTH Roger and Rafa. Also Tsonga.

But I got the Berdych losing to Novak one right~~~

Had Fernando Verdasco beat Murray.... we would see Novak be champion this time but Nando couldn't finish it and this is what happens~~

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
well its good that there is some variety. its never fun when one person just dominates for years on end.
Rafael Nadal at the French Open:

8 Victories out of 9 Attempts.

Way more dominant than Federer at Wimbledon.

RishBonjour

HSC
holy shit. exactly the same here. I dislike nole for some reason I don't know why - seems like a great guy though.

Marc26

HSC
A post which I found interesting:

"Today I have concluded, that the English are severe glory hunters, that will automatically try to claim any of the Celtic home nations successes as one of their own. Next year, will be the 78th year England has won nothing at Wimbledon, and it will continue at that."

Emily Howard

HSC
lol scotlands part of the uk

lol spain was celtic at one point dnt see ne1 callin spain celtic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)