That 'I give up' moment (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Well, I must say: This is a pathetic attitude.

If you cannot study and are going to fail, keep to yourself rather trying to impose such a depressing mood on to others.

For some, HSC can be a good experience if handled responsibly. But there are others who try to study and can potentially get easily swayed by others' opinions and feelings. So just keep to yourself. If you are going to fail, that's a pity but don't try to say such a depressing thing to make others depressed.

Come on guys. Have some positive attitude. Instead of "Embrace failure", why not "Embrace success through hard work? You shouldn't be like that especially if you want high UAI for yourself.

Ashabella

HSC
We were just mucking around,

Trying to make a joke about something that was getting us all down, that's all.

Sorry if I upset anyone.

:(

youngminii

Banned
HSC
We were just mucking around,

Trying to make a joke about something that was getting us all down, that's all.

Sorry if I upset anyone.

:(
Lol don't apologise, you're allowed to say what you want.

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
I find comfort in knowing that I am not the only person struggling. If anything it gives me hope to keep trying because I know I am not just competing against organised nerds, but also real people at my own level whom I actually have a chance to sucessfully compete with.

jiminymacca

HSC
i find comfort in knowing that i am not the only person struggling. If anything it gives me hope to keep trying because i know i am not just competing against organised nerds, but also real people at my own level whom i actually have a chance to sucessfully compete with.
+1

Ashabella

HSC
I find comfort in knowing that I am not the only person struggling. If anything it gives me hope to keep trying because I know I am not just competing against organised nerds, but also real people at my own level whom I actually have a chance to sucessfully compete with.
Yeah I know what you mean.

I hate that it's a competition. I hate competitions, period.

But yea, there are always people in the same boat as you... sometimes it's just a huge boat that you can't see them.

Ahhh wasn't that just a terrific analogy. hahaha oh dear...

:z

kara42

HSC
Well, I must say: This is a pathetic attitude.

If you cannot study and are going to fail, keep to yourself rather trying to impose such a depressing mood on to others.

For some, HSC can be a good experience if handled responsibly. But there are others who try to study and can potentially get easily swayed by others' opinions and feelings. So just keep to yourself. If you are going to fail, that's a pity but don't try to say such a depressing thing to make others depressed.

Come on guys. Have some positive attitude. Instead of "Embrace failure", why not "Embrace success through hard work? You shouldn't be like that especially if you want high UAI for yourself.
Hush.

oxyray

goodluck.
HSC
that " i give up moment" yes im very familiar with this. two hsc breakdowns on friday.
contemplaiting on applying for special provisions because i am worried my anxieties will prevail come exam time.

i think there is just to much pressure, especially if you want/need a good uai. :( kill me?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
that " i give up moment" yes im very familiar with this. two hsc breakdowns on friday.
contemplaiting on applying for special provisions because i am worried my anxieties will prevail come exam time.

i think there is just to much pressure, especially if you want/need a good uai. :( kill me?
Valium?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
honestly if you can't survive hsc howt he fuck are you going to survive uni

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Like, I've been there done that and alot of you will probably be like 'OMG WE DON'T HAVE UNI SO WE DON'T KNOW THE HARDSHIP OF IT, WE ONLY KNOW HSC SO IN OUR CONTEXT IT'S HARD' -

It's called keeping things in perspective, are you going to whinge and bitch about every hardship you get?

I'm doing some uni physics and it's piss hard as fuck (well, because i skipped lectures :p) and yeah I feel like giving up, but I sure as hell am cutting myself short if I don't soak it up and give it my best shot.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I believe a lot of stress in the HSC comes from this stupid policy of having continuous school assessment that count towards the final marks. It's all very well & good for the bright one (top 10% perhaps in an average school ?) but the rest need time to absorb and finally understand; it must be terribly stressful just as you are trying to finally get some understanding of some new topics and you are being brought to slaughter. As for all the English (I don't claim to understand) - seems to me a lot of bullshit; it's all so subjective; one teacher's "good' is another teacher's 'fail'.

The Board of Studies should abandon this continuous assessment crap and go for the one single at-the-end of your course Exam .. like the International Baccalaureate and many other Examination jurisdictions. No such nonsense as alignment, scaling or whatever you call it.

Don't most of you agree that without all these mid-yr, trial etc you'll have more time to study and to catch up; then most of this HSC-year stress would be gone.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I believe a lot of stress in the HSC comes from this stupid policy of having continuous school assessment that count towards the final marks. It's all very well & good for the bright one (top 10% perhaps in an average school ?) but the rest need time to absorb and finally understand; it must be terribly stressful just as you are trying to finally get some understanding of some new topics and you are being brought to slaughter. As for all the English (I don't claim to understand) - seems to me a lot of bullshit; it's all so subjective; one teacher's "good' is another teacher's 'fail'.

The Board of Studies should abandon this continuous assessment crap and go for the one single at-the-end of your course Exam .. like the International Baccalaureate and many other Examination jurisdictions. No such nonsense as alignment, scaling or whatever you call it.
wouldn't that allow the smart students to bludge and simply cram ...

cause i know if it was only the one final hsc exam determining all my marks i would've gotten 98+ easily.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
wouldn't that allow the smart students to bludge and simply cram ...

cause i know if it was only the one final hsc exam determining all my marks i would've gotten 98+ easily.
and what's wrong with that. That's the privilege and reward for choosing your parents so wisely. But pleeze give the less well-endowed a fair go. It's well and good to be born smart unlike most of us.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
and what's wrong with that. That's the privilege and reward for choosing your parents so wisely. But pleeze give the less well-endowed a fair go. It's well and good to be born smart unlike most of us.
if anything i think the current system helps those that aren't 'smart' a fair chance. as their consistent work throughout the year helps their overall UAI, rather than letting them try for one exam (and possibly choking?)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

Don't most of you agree that without all these mid-yr, trial etc you'll have more time to study and to catch up; then most of this HSC-year stress would be gone.

lol, are you serious? you think that basing your entire years work on one exam worth 100% will reduce stress levels, lol.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
lol, are you serious? you think that basing your entire years work on one exam worth 100% will reduce stress levels, lol.

Why not. Look at so many HSCs and equivalent A-level exams overseas. Even the International Baccalaureate Diploma is essentialy a one-final-exam affair ! and the IBO runs a very highly regarded exam.

What do you 'less smart' (or don't you participate in this forum ?) people think ??

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
appeal to majority ie. argumentum ad populum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)