That Tony Ferguson diet from Terry White...what do you think? (1 Viewer)

xxJTxx

HSC
HEYYY alll...!! :D

im not like obese or anything..just packed on a few too many extra kilo's from sitting on my ass studying and not doing anything physical during year 12..

do you think that the tony ferguson diet would be a bit extreme for someone in my position?

im joining a gym..well i used to be a member before year 12 started..and looked a lot less chubbier then i currently do...

the ferguson diet seems to make the whole diet aspect so much easier (you only have to manage to make yourself dinner each day, and be able to make a simple snack inbetween shakes)...

two problems:
i) the advertisements for it:
- all feature morbidly obese people
- it seems to be targeted at WOMEN
ii) it doesn't seem nutritious? those shakes and soups must be full of preservatives?

maybe just dieting 'normally' i.e. cutting portion sizes..eating balanced..would be better?

i don't mind investing $500 - $700 in a diet program..if it can give me a kickstart to losing the chubbiness!

THANKS in advanced! :)

quik.

HSC
If it was me I would do it on my own. You either know everything you need to, in order to lead a healthy, active lifestyle, or have the ability to access that info for free. Why pay someone to do it all for you?

On the other hand, my ex's mum was on it, and my mums friend at work has lost something like 10-13kg since starting it. Up to you in the end, but I wouldn't think a couple kilo's was worth 5-700 bucks.

NinjaSauce

HSC
Eat Less, Move More.

PM me, and i'll send you my bank account details to transfer me $500.

xxJTxx

HSC
Oooo

Well i'm doing it all myself (committed) for a month..see how i go.
basically the eat less (smaller portions, more regular) and a whole lot more moving haha.

rozymisty

HSC
I had been thinking of doing something like that, but Im worried about the taste and the fact that you are drinking stuff, rather than eating proper meals. I like food more than liquids so yeah i think it would be hard. You do drop weight well I think, mum went to the Wesley weight management clinic and got the Optifast stuff and lost a lot of weight so it does work, but you do need dedication.

I dont like the fact that its like $3 for a packet of soup and stuff like that. If you could claim some of it on like private health insurance, then that would be better.

I put on a bit of weight since I last went to the gym a few days before xmas, and thats mainly coz i couldnt get outside and walk-its so gusty up on the Sunshine Coast, but did walk a lot in shops lol.

Went to the gym today and did weights and then going back tmw to do a class. Not going to make the same mistake as last week when I did 30mins weights, and then did a 45mins Body Jam class. Had to sit down rather quickly coz i was about to pass out! I have never done so much high intensity stuff before!! And it really hurt doing the kicks and stuff, coz of my back and hips...but that will get beter.

So yeah, just go and see a doc, get to a dietician and organise healthy meals, give yourself the odd indulgence so you dont go insane, and get moving.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I think it's a load of bullshit. If you don't have the self control to (a) exercise and (b) not shove your mouth full of fatty, greasy, revolting food and require a quick fix - and even then, one that is NOT scientifically proven - to lose weight, you are pretty much a worthless human being.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
xxJTxx said:
HEYYY alll...!! :D

im not like obese or anything..just packed on a few too many extra kilo's from sitting on my ass studying and not doing anything physical during year 12..

do you think that the tony ferguson diet would be a bit extreme for someone in my position?

im joining a gym..well i used to be a member before year 12 started..and looked a lot less chubbier then i currently do...

the ferguson diet seems to make the whole diet aspect so much easier (you only have to manage to make yourself dinner each day, and be able to make a simple snack inbetween shakes)...

two problems:
i) the advertisements for it:
- all feature morbidly obese people
- it seems to be targeted at WOMEN
ii) it doesn't seem nutritious? those shakes and soups must be full of preservatives?

maybe just dieting 'normally' i.e. cutting portion sizes..eating balanced..would be better?

i don't mind investing $500 - $700 in a diet program..if it can give me a kickstart to losing the chubbiness!

THANKS in advanced! :)

Try Herbalife - #1 weightloss company in the entire world. Lost over 24kgs and 18% of my body fat on it in a short 5 month period and kept it off ever since. I’ve also have helped a lot of people to achieve their ideal image and weight.

Unlike typical diet program’s, it nothing more then nutritional food based on the concept of cellular nutrition – providing your cells, the most basic unit which makes up everything in our bodies, with the exact amount of nutrition at the level our body needs, in order to help repair the damage we have done to it over the years, which consequently will allow it to have the ability to do what it was created for. Hence, by allowing our body to work at its optimum level, it is simply amazing what it can do for your weight, but importantly your health.

quik. said:
If it was me I would do it on my own. You either know everything you need to, in order to lead a healthy, active lifestyle, or have the ability to access that info for free. Why pay someone to do it all for you?

On the other hand, my ex's mum was on it, and my mums friend at work has lost something like 10-13kg since starting it. Up to you in the end, but I wouldn't think a couple kilo's was worth 5-700 bucks.
Obviously most people don't have the discipline to do so, or else we wouldn’t be having an ever increasing obesity problem, as well people failing to keep by their plans after a week. Also take into consideration that due to our lifestyle, most people don't have the time to cook healthy meals every single day, or go to the gym and exercise.

Nutritional supplements act as a tool to not only give the confidence that it possible for them to lose weight, but also to teach good eating habits, so when one's get off the program, they will know what to do, to keep their body at it's ideal weight.

Also your not even spending more - all your doing is shifting what your currently spending onto food that will help to keep you healthy for the rest of your life. But of course if you're not determined to change, then nothing in the world can help you.

quik.

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
Obviously most people don't have the discipline to do so, or else we wouldn’t be having an ever increasing obesity problem, as well people failing to keep by their plans after a week. Also take into consideration that due to our lifestyle, most people don't have the time to cook healthy meals every single day, or go to the gym and exercise.

Nutritional supplements act as a tool to not only give the confidence that it possible for them to lose weight, but also to teach good eating habits, so when one's get off the program, they will know what to do, to keep their body at it's ideal weight.
Then maybe people should stop being softcocks. Whatever your lifestyle, it is a choice. Most people choose to eat like crap and not exercise, neither of which is a difficult thing. It takes a couple hours on Sunday afternoon or whatever to cook heaps of food that will last you at LEAST half a week, if you are so pressed for time. Exercise is like 3-4 hours a week. That's nothing.

On supplements, I think it is important that people learn and practise eating a healthy diet first. Supplements are just that, supplements. They shouldn't be used as a crutch.

Edit: Forgot to add, your comment about the cost merely shifting rather than being an addition was spot on, I hadn't thought of that.

Paj20

HSC
Do exercise dont worry about these complicated 'diets'.

And i dont think you were effectvivly studying throughout yr 12 if you did no exercise?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Yeah, just like what everyone else said... most diets are crap, just watch what you eat and exercise regularly.

K

katie_tully

All diets are bullshit. The only diet anybody should be on is diabetics who are diet controlled.
Stop eating crap for a start.
Excercise more. Instead of paying for some quack diet, pay for a gym membership.
Walking burns 3252836789246872 calories, coz the more excercise you do with your legs the more calories you burn.

It's a no brainer really. Get a friend or someone to do the exercie regime with you so you have some support.

K

katie_tully

lol. I like how you try and justify our current 'obesity' epidemic. Do you know what has really caused our obesity problem? Parents feeding their kids shit, getting their kids into crap eating habits or people not having the sense to eat healthily and exercise regularly. And then they blame it on the government for letting junk food be advertised.
People have plenty of time to cook healthy meals and exercise. I don't know why some of you are under the impression that it takes a lot of time and effort out of your day. If it's such an issue for you all, go buy some lean cuisine frozen meals ffs.

Nutritional supplements do nothing. If you need something to ruse you into losing weight, take a look in the mirror and then go read some stuff on type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease .

Also your not even spending more - all your doing is shifting what your currently spending onto food that will help to keep you healthy for the rest of your life. But of course if you're not determined to change, then nothing in the world can help you.
The cost of maintaining a diet far out weighs the cost of hauling your ass to the vegie section at woolies and picking out something that isn't a big mac.

NinjaSauce

HSC
Just jumping in, and i readily admit i was really just skimming over all the posts here.

katie_tully said:
Nutritional supplements do nothing.
Broad general statements like this are bad mojo. Sure, heaps of of them are a huge waste of money, notably any which offer magic cures. But spreading blanket statements just do harm to those asking for nutritional advice.

But as said. They SUPPLEMENT. They are not the core of, or promise anything grand, to someone's health.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
NinjaSauce said:
Just jumping in, and i readily admit i was really just skimming over all the posts here.

Broad general statements like this are bad mojo. Sure, heaps of of them are a huge waste of money, notably any which offer magic cures. But spreading blanket statements just do harm to those asking for nutritional advice.

But as said. They SUPPLEMENT. They are not the core of, or promise anything grand, to someone's health.
no, but really, nutritional supplements have no merit in losing weight. by drinking 3 shakes a day, how are people meant to work out and practise portion control and healthy food choices?

diets should be lifestyles

HSC
I know that healthy weight loss is about self discipline, but I think that people should take into account that some people genuinely cannot lose weight. Between university, work and other committments, some people don't have much time to be working out. And not to mention how convenient junkfood is, if you live such a busy life and don't have much time to cook. Some people just instantly assume that obesity is due to the individual's laziness. I feel sorry for the people who try and try and still cannot lose weight, or lose a few kgs and can't go any lower.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i-love-maynard said:
I know that healthy weight loss is about self discipline, but I think that people should take into account that some people genuinely cannot lose weight. Between university, work and other committments, some people don't have much time to be working out. And not to mention how convenient junkfood is, if you live such a busy life and don't have much time to cook. Some people just instantly assume that obesity is due to the individual's laziness. I feel sorry for the people who try and try and still cannot lose weight, or lose a few kgs and can't go any lower.
working out is a minute fraction of any weightloss. it's all in the food
and not having time to cook is a poor excuse. there are healthy options in food courts. i go to coles and buy a bag of salad for lunch - cheap and easy!

and i know how hard some people work to lose weight to no avail. it's generally because they are uneducated in the way of calories, metabolism and storage of energy in the body. they begin, see no results and quickly become deflated and unmotivated. metabolism and stress also play major parts in weightloss, but FOOD is the major factor

HSC
I don't know, my sister has tried it all. Calorie counting, this special program with her doctor and for awhile it was good. She lost 10 kilos and she continues to exercise and eat well but she can't lose anymore for some reason. I heard diet pills have all kinds of side effects, what about the shakes though? Anyone know?

K

katie_tully

I suggest reading all the posts in more detail then
People shouldn't be asking for nutritional advice, especially not here. And I will continue with my statement; if you are eating a nutritionally balanced diet then 'nutritional supplements' are useless. You dont need them and they dont speed up weight loss.

The only supplements you should be on are the ones precribed by your doctor, like iron supplements for anaemics.

quik.

HSC
On people 'trying everything' and not getting results, short of a medical condition, they're doing it wrong or have unrealistic expectations. Setting aside a couple hours to research your goals on the net will have you inundated with information. It doesn't come down to not being able to access the information or do what's needed, it comes down to not trying, getting complacent etc.

Melimoo basically has the healthy food thing covered... if you want some protein, just add a can of tuna to that salad while you're out. On the greater issue of people not having time, read my earlier post. If you prepare stuff in advance, you'll be set.

As far as side effects from shakes, I don't know of any. It's just taking in calories in liquid form. You might have some issues at the back end while your body adjusts / you figure out you need to supplement fibre, but apart from that no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)