• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

That Tony Ferguson diet from Terry White...what do you think? (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

gosh kids, i've hoped we've cleared this up now.

i want no more idle banter on the pros of supplementing yourself to the eyeballs, unless it's substantiated with something other than 'body builders monthly'

NinjaSauce

HSC
katie_tully said:
gosh kids, i've hoped we've cleared this up now.

i want no more idle banter on the pros of supplementing yourself to the eyeballs, unless it's substantiated with something other than 'body builders monthly'
Hey, leave 'Bodybuilders Monthly' out-of-this!

I only subscribe to that for the huge guys in speedos, not the nutrition articles or advertisements!

wait... crap.

xxJTxx

HSC
Wooooahhh lots of posts on this thread that I never thought would be here ahahaha. I haven't been on this thing in a while, but I remember posting this thread so I figured I'd look at it ;)

I ended up going on Tony Ferguson in Feb.

I've lost 15kg in the past 11 weeks. I want to lose another 5 - 6kg so I can have some room to move around once I'm off the program. I was exercising regularly at the gym for the first 3/4weeks of the program, but then when uni got too much my exercise dropped..but I walk a hella lot every day just around uni to the station, around the city, so that was still 'exercise'.

To all the people that think going on a diet like this doesn't teach healthy eating habits...I think you are wrong. Why? I've learnt to eat in portions at particular times during the day only. I have no appetite for disgusting foods anymore cause I saw how hard it was to get the weight off - why would I want to put it back on? I've learnt how important water is..and gotten used to drinking 2L+ a day.

If you get fat..and find exercise alone isn't working because you still don't know what's up with your diet..I say go on a meal replacement program for a few months and drop the weight, get into new habits, then maintain your new body with exercise and no crap foods.

Oh and TF is scientifically proven...those shakes are seriously like magic weightloss formula. They have all the vitamins/minerals/supplements in them that you need to actually burn fat! In fact..I'm going to do an 'after' fat measurement next week :D

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
we never said that it wasnt scientifically proven...

we just said it wasnt always the best.... trust me ..ur lik one of like 2 ppl i know tat actualli did ok with one of these programs.. the rest rebound.. and im talking about lik 30-50 pt..

some got depressed others ketotic.. etc..

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The issue still remains just because you have learnt to eat at regular times of the day doesnt mean u were taught how to prepare a healthy meal?

This is where things like the Biggest Loser and Weightwatchers are effective because they teach you healthy eating habits, healthy subsitutes for 'unhealthy food' how to cook food in healthier ways (e.g. grill/bake rather than fry, use less oil) and how to make healthy food more apetising and interesting.

I am not sure if I am right but doesn't the body absorb vitamins from food better than in supliments? When I found out I was anemic the doctors told me i'd get more from increasing amount of red meat than from the suppliments they gave me?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yeah its be cause of the form... u get Fe 2+ rather than Fe3+... and u should have it with vitamin C to improve absorption..

interestingly enough i decided to do a read up.. and the scientific evidence is kinda low for a high protein diet to reduce deaths... its kinda hoped it will work..

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
yeah its be cause of the form... u get Fe 2+ rather than Fe3+... and u should have it with vitamin C to improve absorption..
The ones I take have vitamin C in the tablet I believe. But its worse for me even with eating enough red meat and iron supliments I rarely absorb enough although I am genetically predisposed.

Oh and to the people who say eat less, you need to make sure you get enough kjs in the day or your body stores everything as you are starving it. Its all about balance.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
melsc said:
The ones I take have vitamin C in the tablet I believe. But its worse for me even with eating enough red meat and iron supliments I rarely absorb enough although I am genetically predisposed.

Oh and to the people who say eat less, you need to make sure you get enough kjs in the day or your body stores everything as you are starving it. Its all about balance.
oh well tats unfortunate..

mine is an interesting one... like the baseline cholesterol on one side of the family is higher than normal... but lik in 150 yrs.. there are no recorded strokes or heart attacks in the family... despite 3 generations having higher than 'normal' cholesterol....

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I believe mines down to Thalesmia Minor and Hypothyroidism.

Its good though that theres no heath problems associated with it though. I know heaps of people with great diets get screwed by high cholesterol being in the family it sux

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yeah i use to research in to thal minor.. its not too bad :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)