The 4400 (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Anyone watching it right now? (It's an ad break).. I think it's pretty good, definitely gonna tune in tomorrow night for the conclusion.

MouNtY

OH MA GAWD! is this like the best movie ever or wat?.....this is an excellent movie....i'll definitley be tungin in for tomorrows conclusion

Collin

HSC
N/A
I can't believe that I missed about 10 minutes of it at the beginning though, my bloody dog ran off and I had to go find him.

Anyway, it just finished and so far it was a truely entertaining piece of television IMHO. Now to theories:
I doubt it's gonna be aliens or whatever, because that's what the conventional assumption is made out to be (for the audience).. I'm sure they're gonna surprise us tomorrow night with something _un_conventional to blow us away. So far, it's pretty safe to conclude that 'whoever' sent them back did so because they were designated with a PURPOSE to fulfill, i.e the vigilante guy to restore the neighbourhood to it's old self, the old guy to kill off that other guy (the insurance fraud who ended up getting impaled etc.)..

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
twas fucking good, i expected a series of shows, not a 2 and a half hour mini series, which threw out all my plans for tonite!
DAMN YOU 4400!!!

dingding

Señor Member
HSC
its shit. It drags on too long. It unrealistic.

MouNtY

that was an awesome show man.....i can't wait to see tomorrows conclusion....once agn FUHKIN AWESOME!!!!

dingding

Señor Member
HSC
it would be a lot better if it wasnt so long. I mean two nights, who do they think they are? Not even Pootie Tang was over two nights.

Collin

HSC
N/A
It's interesting that in terms of the 4400 being sent back for a purpose, the little girl's one hasn't really been delt with much so far. She tends to be pretty significant.. one of the very few 4400s being 'followed' around, she was also in the very opening scene. What purpose is there of giving her the ability to see into the future? It might have to do with the investigator chick actually, since the last scene we see with the little girl is that she goes home with her. Also the pregnant chick's ability hasn't really been explained either and the African American dude's 'ability' has been completely absent from discussion so far. I can't wait till tomorrow night.

dingding said:
it would be a lot better if it wasnt so long. I mean two nights, who do they think they are? Not even Pootie Tang was over two nights.
Yeah, but the thing is most people here atleast don't think it drags on, instead tending to agree that it had suspense and an interesting aura of intrigue, which in it's own right vindicates it as being 'long' (in your opinion atleast). It's only two nights. I wouldn't even be complaining if it was a string of mini-series episodes.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
seem pretty interesting so far... reminds me quite a bit of x-files and x-men though.

tv mini-series are generally aired over 2 nights tho...

JKD: yeah i reckon the littel girl is gonna be important too... didnt she say something about someone will arrive really soon to make it all better or something to that effect? also on her, asif u would un-adopt her just cuz she knows the future, i'd get her to a newsagent to buy some lotto straight away... or the TAB...

somehow i doubt its gonna be about aliens though...

MouNtY

Constip8edSkunk said:
asif u would un-adopt her just cuz she knows the future, i'd get her to a newsagent to buy some lotto straight away... or the TAB
lol hahah where would our country be without people like you to exploit the abilities of our young.....like they say the 'children are our future'...and it'd seem that if she was your adopted child...she'd be seeing a whole lotta coloured plastic in your future.....lol

PS: our money is plastic right?lol

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
Yeah i watched it all last night- i probably should have been studying- but ah well! It was heaps gud, and i'm definately gonna watch the 2nd half of it tonight. What was with the pregnant chick though..i so didn't get what he special 'gift' was ?.. I'm sure it will all be revealed tonight!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I watched it and thought it was very good. I thought they promoted it as a six-part mini-series, but I was obviously imagining things. I am interested in the reason for why all the people are congregating in Seattle I think it was and also why the gravity has changed in all the locations that the people disappeared from:).

Jase

HSC
Whats the black guy do? he has no powers damnit. mabye he has a latent stretch ability that will be revealed tomorow.
I was fully expecting aliens with dish shaped UFOs flying around beaming people up and anal probing them... all because they created the human race and are doing experiments to make way judgement day when Jesus comes.

and lookat the archetypes, its like a murder mystery:
black guy
blonde chick
little girl
angsty teen
angry old man
low esteem mid-age blue collar worker
detective going through marriage trouble
detective bad at relationships and adopts clairvoyant girl
detective's son in coma and has no lines in the series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)