The 4400 (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Argonaut said:
I liked The 4400. For once we had a mini-series with an intelligent ending. However, one has to ask if the developers were being a bit presumptious, what with leaving the ending to be decided for oneself. If it was good, they were clear to make a series. If it failed, well it would make The 4400 a bit like poor-man's Blade Runner. But it was well-received in the USA and the series is doing really well (it was told in 5 hour-long parts, not 2 parts over there).
They haven't even started filming the rest of the series yet:).

Argonaut said:
The only problem with the mini-series was that it concentrated too much on irrevalent characters, like the guy whose nose bled and made thngs shake when he got angry; the vigilante who tried to clean up the local park; and the serial killer who talked others into doing his dirty work. They added nothing to the story and stuck me as being there purely to make the mini-series longer. I would have liked to see more of the girl who saw the future she was a great character who din't get much screen-time.
I think it was necessary to focus on a few of the 4400 so that the audience could see how they were affected, which was the whole point of the show:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Argonaut said:
True - but it could have been done a lot better.
Hmm, I think I would rather it done that way. If those story lines were left out it would have seemed like just a shell of a story, in my opinion:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Argonaut said:
No, I mean leave them in, but give them more relevance to the overall story.
They were just supposed to add to the story line though, not be main characters, and I think they were pretty relevant. I don't know, how would you have done it:)?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Argonaut said:
Flesh out their characters a bit more and weave the sub-plots together so instead of being a series of incidents involving the 4400, it's one story, not a series of events in chronological order.
Yeah, that would work well I think. It would be a lot harder to try and incorporated them all into the one story/event though:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)