The 4400 (1 Viewer)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Ok so all this hype about the 4400 was bloody exaggerated.... it was good, got me hooked from the start.. and was anticipating the ending.. except that was a let down cos it didn't follow up the story of that little girl Mia, that Shawn dude and his brother, and that rich guy and his baby-snatching.. plus the couple with the black dude.. wtf happened to them ???? Arghh hate movies like that, where you have to make up your own endings >.<

Collin

HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
How could that be though? People are only around once. I just don't get it. How can the be two lots of humanity:confused:?
It really comes down to science. Speculatively, there are infinite quantities of timelines.. we just live in one of them. Then you've also gotta go on the even further complication that all of us (every single particle in existence actually) travel between each of these timelines constantly due to the fact that time slows relative to another frame of reference provided that there is relative motion between the subject and the frame of reference at hand. For example, I zoom past you in a car at 80km/h. Technically time slows down from your frame of reference, although the macroscopic observations will obviously be negligable.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Merethrond said:
How could that be though? People are only around once. I just don't get it. How can the be two lots of humanity:confused:?
It's like... a parallel universe. Two worlds (or however many) existing side by side... one not knowing about the other. One was the present, the other was the future. lol you get that ?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
JKDDragon said:
It really comes down to science. Speculatively, there are infinite quantities of timelines.. we just live in one of them. Then you've also gotta go on the even further complication that all of us (every single particle in existence actually) travel between each of these timelines constantly due to the fact that time slows relative to another frame of reference provided that there is relative motion between the subject and the frame of reference at hand. For example, I zoom past you in a car at 80km/h. Technically time slows down from your frame of reference, although the macroscopic observations will obviously be negligable.
It is Physics all over again:D, except we didn't learn about separate timelines:(.

Jase

HSC
hmm.. well it seems to me that lily is carrying neo-jesus, virgin mary style, and it attracts trees, because you know.. it's Jesus.
kyle and the little girl are prophets.. sean is just totally random and the futuremen didnt know what to do with him so they gave him life-altering powers.
im guessing that serial killer is stopping the people who are going to destroy the world.. like in Terminator2, killing the man who builds skynet.

the only thing that dosn't seem to make ultimate sense is cleaning up Bradley Park..

damn i sure hope they make a second season, can't leave all of America and australia in suspense...

HSC
N/A
:D Perhaps that's where Lily's baby is going to be born, and "neo-jesus" doesn't approve of litter :D

Jase

HSC
oh i just realised! The baby has everyones powers or something... the tree bending is from that plant lady who got bombed. And somethign obviously happened when the rich guy touched the baby. hmm... probably many more little peices to fit together

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
It reminded me a lot of Terminator, the whole coming back from the future to get rid of the evil people. I think that was just the pilot for a TV series, cause that is what they have it named as on the website. So maybe a series will begin sometime next year.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Jase said:
kyle and the little girl are prophets.. sean is just totally random and the futuremen didnt know what to do with him so they gave him life-altering powers.
Don't you think that Sean was given those powers to wake up Kyle? or is the what the futureman was refering to when he said that Sean interupted things?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
eLmo said:
Don't you think that Sean was given those powers to wake up Kyle? or is the what the futureman was refering to when he said that Sean interupted things?
Hey eLmo, is this what Kyle said at the end? I didn't quite hear it properly:(:

Merethrond said:
I didn't understand the end where Kyle (not the real one) said to his dad that he was supposed to have been taken to communicate with is dad. Did I hear that correctly:confused:?

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Yeh he said something about all those missing people being taken away and given these powers to save mankind, but then he said that Sean had gotten in the way or something? (I don't know if he meant that Sean was in the way when he abducted or if he meant that Sean was interupted them when he woke Kyle up) - I taped it so I have to watch it again..

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
that was the crappest ending ever. there's a difference between having a subtle finish and leaving loose ends flapping folornly in the breeze. what happens to sean? what happens to mya? and what the fuck was with those trees?

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Jase said:
the only thing that dosn't seem to make ultimate sense is cleaning up Bradley Park..

damn i sure hope they make a second season, can't leave all of America and australia in suspense...
I think the cleaning up bit was to show that even one 4400 could make a difference to the community and so, the rest of the people starting cleaning up the place when he was stabbed and killed.
It all links back to making the future of humankind a better place.

Jase

HSC
Ah yes, sean's powers make sense now. He interrupted the abduction and got abducted inhis place,so they could not use Kyle as the channel. So they gave sean powers in order to heal kyle so he could be the channel again.
the park cleaning is still a bit sus to me.. it must play much larger role.. i like that birthplace idea though.

im pretty sure theyll make a second series. They made sequels for all these things that dont need sequels, and 4400 is like a huge commercial hit, so they'll (producers) do anything to keep a good bit of TV rating alive. its jsut a question of when.... WHENENN

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Jase said:
the park cleaning is still a bit sus to me.. it must play much larger role.. i like that birthplace idea though.
no i don't think so, i think it's just a "making a small difference" thing. the little things count too.

Collin

HSC
N/A
eLmo said:
Yeh he said something about all those missing people being taken away and given these powers to save mankind, but then he said that Sean had gotten in the way or something? (I don't know if he meant that Sean was in the way when he abducted or if he meant that Sean was interupted them when he woke Kyle up) - I taped it so I have to watch it again..
I think that's exactly what Kyle meant.. those 4400 people were selectively chosen, Kyle was on his way 'up' when someone not in that chosen list intervened, i.e Sean.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
glitterfairy said:
One problem though - Patrick Flueger is over there, and not here! HE'S SUCH A HOTTIE! I WANT HIM!
Who's Patrick Flueger ??? That Shaun guy ? he was prolly the only hot one there..

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
eLmo said:
Yeah, I didn't really understand:confused:.

welshi said:
that was the crappest ending ever. there's a difference between having a subtle finish and leaving loose ends flapping folornly in the breeze. what happens to sean? what happens to mya? and what the fuck was with those trees?
I agree:(.

Jase said:
Ah yes, sean's powers make sense now. He interrupted the abduction and got abducted inhis place,so they could not use Kyle as the channel. So they gave sean powers in order to heal kyle so he could be the channel again.
He didn't really do much as the "channel" though. Also, I am sure that the humans of the future could have taken Kyle up again, or even brought him out of his coma if they wanted to. Further, why did they want to communicate with Kyle's dad? What was so special about him:confused:?

welshi said:
no i don't think so, i think it's just a "making a small difference" thing. the little things count too.
Agreed, again:).

Annegelic said:
Who's Patrick Flueger ??? That Shaun guy ? he was prolly the only hot one there..
That is correct. The girl was also pretty:).

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Jase said:
hmm.. well it seems to me that lily is carrying neo-jesus, virgin mary style, and it attracts trees, because you know.. it's Jesus.
im guessing that serial killer is stopping the people who are going to destroy the world.. like in Terminator2, killing the man who builds skynet.

thats exactly what i was thinkin
i thought that lilly was like the virgin mary and she'll give birth to the saviour of mankind, and remember what mya said " its ok, someone will come and save us all", i think she was refering to the baby

and bout the serial killer, i think the intention there was to catch those guys with the bombs, coz the bombers were related to one of his victims

welshi said:
no i don't think so, i think it's just a "making a small difference" thing. the little things count too
i agree. it kinda reminds me of the simpsons episode when homer tries to fix the toaster but instead makes a time-machine, and he goes back to pre-historic times with all the dinosaurs and all he did was step on a bug or sneeze and that changed the future dramatically

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
did this strike anyone else:

Ok so we are told that the humans of the future need to correct mistakes from the past to ensure their survival. So they go into the past, and make it so that the mistakes don't occur again and civilisation is saved.

But this begins an illogical cycle; the future humans go back into the past and assemble the 4400, who then prevent all the world's problems. But because all the problems were stopped by the 4400 in the past, the future humans who sent the 4400 no longer have any problems to solve, so they would never send the 4400.................

its so hard to explain, if anyone undestands what Im trying to say can you help me clarify it lol?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)