The 4400 (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Cactus said:
did this strike anyone else:

Ok so we are told that the humans of the future need to correct mistakes from the past to ensure their survival. So they go into the past, and make it so that the mistakes don't occur again and civilisation is saved.

But this begins an illogical cycle; the future humans go back into the past and assemble the 4400, who then prevent all the world's problems. But because all the problems were stopped by the 4400 in the past, the future humans who sent the 4400 no longer have any problems to solve, so they would never send the 4400.................

its so hard to explain, if anyone undestands what Im trying to say can you help me clarify it lol?
Yeah, this circular loop happens in most sci-fi flicks where people go back in time to do something (such as Terminator 2). To clarify 'neatly', all we have to do is say Person goes back in time to change something. That change in something consequently negates the need to send Person back in the first place.

But a simple counter-argument for that is, all the timelines in the future depends on ones before it, so after the 4400 is sent, the present timeline is changed, and hence all the timelines of the future are then completely altered. So really, all they had to do was send the 4400 back in time once. For example, Son goes back in time to kill Father, immediately the entire timeline of that future is changed where the Son doesn't exist anymore.. there's no 'but then there would be no son to send back in time in the first place', because the son effectively got rid of himself for all the timelines of the future. Gah, this shit is bloody hard to explain.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Cactus said:
the future humans go back into the past and assemble the 4400, who then prevent all the world's problems. But because all the problems were stopped by the 4400 in the past, the future humans who sent the 4400 no longer have any problems to solve, so they would never send the 4400.................
i think i sorta know what you mean, the only humans who need to go back in the past are the future humans, and because they solved the problems we (present humans) dont have to go to the past when we reach the future because as far as we're concerned we never had problems

J

jhakka

Maybe people are reading too much into the trees thing. I thought it was just a physical example of the Ripple effect.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
reece i have to say i didn't even think of that. but then my understanding of the time-space continuum theory is derived entirely from repeated viewings of the back to the future trilogy.

good point though. JKDDragon, i think ur post proves y we shouldn't fuck with time in the first place.

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
because once the humans from the future have fixed the problem, then we shift into a different version of reality, like in Back to the future where Biff gives the almanac to himself, the timeline skews into a tangent of a different reality.

thats how i figure it

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i thought the whole concept of the 4400 was good but the ending was a let down. i stayed up so late after a big night out the night before and i was dissapointed... :uhhuh:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cactus said:
did this strike anyone else:

Ok so we are told that the humans of the future need to correct mistakes from the past to ensure their survival. So they go into the past, and make it so that the mistakes don't occur again and civilisation is saved.

But this begins an illogical cycle; the future humans go back into the past and assemble the 4400, who then prevent all the world's problems. But because all the problems were stopped by the 4400 in the past, the future humans who sent the 4400 no longer have any problems to solve, so they would never send the 4400.................

its so hard to explain, if anyone undestands what Im trying to say can you help me clarify it lol?
That is not what happened though. The humans of the future came back to get the present humans to change their future. Those problems still exist (and hence the future humans have a reason to come back) until those problems are fixed:).

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
the ending was a real let down. seriously, i was so hooked and then it ended with that and i was like 'oh.. thats it?!'

gigi2000

but the future people didin't come back. They took people from the present and made them go 'missing' for a while and then, effectively put them in the future (for the missing person?

Collin

HSC
N/A
gigi2000 said:
but the future people didin't come back. They took people from the present and made them go 'missing' for a while and then, effectively put them in the future (for the missing person?
Oh I'm sure the drift of those 'future people' will be elaborated upon in the series (well, assuming the rumours are true). The series will also probably explain the baby, how exactly the future humans were doomed, the abilities of the other people in the originals which were not explained, Collier will be back.. more sinister than ever.. blah blah. Can't wait.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
gigi2000 said:
They cam back in their Spaceship or whatever it was:).

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
Jase said:
the park cleaning is still a bit sus to me.. it must play much larger role.. i like that birthplace idea though.
I thought it was because that park or whoever was in the park, like all the gangsters, were things contributing to the evil or whatever

in other words, he had to clean up the park cause to the future people the people that destroyed the future or whatever were from that park or 'hood, so maybe it all contributed, and one man couldn't do it alone, so his death inspired all the other people to do it!

does that make sense?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:
the ending was a real let down. seriously, i was so hooked and then it ended with that and i was like 'oh.. thats it?!'
yeh I thought it was a let down too, when It finished I thought is this it?
The rest of the show was good except the end

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Theres a 4400 series now, its going to be shown next yr on tv

Collin

HSC
N/A
OZGIRL86 said:
Theres a 4400 series now, its going to be shown next yr on tv
Yeah, I saw that on an ad break during Idol. Totally kick ass, I can't wait.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i can't wait to see it
i thought it was really good
i just hope it doesn't go downhill
and it would be nice if they replayed the mini series again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)