• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Abortion Debate (continued) (2 Viewers)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Kwayera said:
Why? The foetus was still killed, through negligent behaviour. If you're arguing that a foetus is entitled to all the rights of being a fully-fledged human being, then you can't really pick and choose which legal definitions apply, can you?
Perhaps our inhereted moral discourse is riddled with contradictions? (I <3 moral nihilism)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
Yes you can

If you run over a pedestrian you're unaware of, you're still responsible for their death
If you were being negligent.

If the pedestrian was wearing a "magic INVISIBLE COAT" then you wouldn't be responsible.

Fuck you're a dullard.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:

If the pedestrian was wearing a "magic INVISIBLE COAT" then you wouldn't be responsible.

Fuck you're a dullard.
You're still responsible you fucking twat. You may not be able to be prosecuted, but you're still responsible.

Are you saying that when there is an accident, nobody is responsible?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:

Fuck you're a dullard.
Many children are killed each year when they run in front of a car that didn't see them (i.e. from between parked cars, and they're shortarse toddlers), or when they are directly behind a reversing 4WD which also can't see them...

In each of these cases, good luck being the driver and getting away with it.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Hence accident.

But this is all a big fat moot point. We're looking for how to/not prosecute (in a very loose use of the word) people for abortion here, so since you freely admit that the above instance would not result in prosecution we can put a firm end to your ratty little example.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
How wouldn't it? I don't know if you drive, but if I'm driving and I hit someone, in whatever circumstance, I hit and (presumably) killed them, and thus it is my fault.

Situationally it depends, obviously, but most of the time it's the driver's fault because they were driving. No ifs, ands or buts.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
It's the driver's fault but there are mitigating circumstances... i.e. The question (I think, please don't quote me) would be whether a reasonable person would have avoided the accident.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
katie tully said:
You're still responsible you fucking twat. You may not be able to be prosecuted, but you're still responsible.

Are you saying that when there is an accident, nobody is responsible?
The driver is responsible in a causal sense (i.e. they were driving the car which killed the invisible pedestrian), but I don't think that you can reasonably hold them to be morally responsible. Moral responsibility involves blameworthiness / failure to perform some morally required action.

A moral code which requires that people perform the impossible (e.g. by seeing the invisible) is flat out rediculous.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Abortions are for retards who are not even responsible for the actions they have taken.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i'm all for abortions

if i came home and i'm like boohoo i'm pregnant

my dad will punch me in the face, push me down the stairs to kill thing and throw me out of the house

besides even within the next 5 years of my life, i wouldn't be able to support a child and it would be even worse to bring it into the world where you can't nurture and support it.

cbf reading the thread.
abortions were made for muslim girls/women who like to proclaim that they are a virgin right until marriage
hahahah

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Abortions are for retards who are not even responsible for the actions they have taken.
What? They're responsible in that they're taking care of them.

You're an idiot; thankfully you'll never have to deal with getting anyone pregnant, so it's not your concern.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Captain Hero said:
What? They're responsible in that they're taking care of them.

You're an idiot; thankfully you'll never have to deal with getting anyone pregnant, so it's not your concern.
Throughout the thread, we have been arguing about whether abortion is a responsible action for the irresponsible couples and in my opinion, you took another step into judging that it's a responsible action.

On top of that, one responsible action does not cancel out the previous irresponsible action done by others. From your statement, is it right to brand murderers "responsible" because they turned themselves in after their murder?

Oh by the way, I was not referring my previous post to the abortion due to rape.

Miffstaa

HSC
lyounamu said:
On top of that, one responsible action does not cancel out the previous irresponsible action done by others. From your statement, is it right to brand murderers "responsible" because they turned themselves in after their murder?

But this 'irresponsible action'- sex- was taken by both the male and the female. So the female has to walk around with a huge ass bulge thats heavy thats strapped to her stomach whilst she cant stop pissing, while the guy plays guitar hero at his parents house?

E

Empyrean444

housah0lic said:
i'm all for abortions

if i came home and i'm like boohoo i'm pregnant

my dad will punch me in the face, push me down the stairs to kill thing and throw me out of the house
Just because your father has the potential to be mindlessly violent and wrathful is no justification for murder

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Miffstaa said:
But this 'irresponsible action'- sex- was taken by both the male and the female. So the female has to walk around with a huge ass bulge thats heavy thats strapped to her stomach whilst she cant stop pissing, while the guy plays guitar hero at his parents house?
A huge-arse bulge that can kill her.

- Kwayera

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Miffstaa said:
It may seem unfair for women who will need to go through that but tough luck. It was a signifcant part of her fault to have done so.

By the way, I still don't see how having unsafe sex cannot be branded "irresponsible behaviour".

From my first post, I have not suggested abortion as a irresponsible action. I have taken unsafe sex being the one. I merely stated that abortions are mostly due to the irresponsible actions by the couple (not due to the female).

Miffstaa

HSC
lyounamu said:
It may seem unfair for women who will need to go through that but tough luck.
And it might sound harsh but tough luck, the female dealt with it by having the abortion. And while we do focus a lot on the 'fetus' and the morals that are associated by killing it, what about the females life? I wouldnt want mine to go down the drain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)