• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Abortion Debate (continued) (1 Viewer)

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
It may seem unfair for women who will need to go through that but tough luck. It was a signifcant part of her fault to have done so.

By the way, I still don't see how having unsafe sex cannot be branded "irresponsible behaviour".

From my first post, I have not suggested abortion as a irresponsible action. I have taken unsafe sex being the one. I merely stated that abortions are mostly due to the irresponsible actions by the couple (not due to the female).
Virgin detected

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Miffstaa said:
And it might sound harsh but tough luck, the female dealt with it by having the abortion. And while we do focus a lot on the 'fetus' and the morals that are associated by killing it, what about the females life? I wouldnt want mine to go down the drain.
What's all this argument about? I have never let the abortion down as an alternative option. I have merely stated that abortion is mostly for irresponsible retards which is true.

Miffstaa

HSC
lyounamu said:
What's all this argument about? I have never let the abortion down as an alternative option. I have merely stated that abortion is mostly for irresponsible retards.
and im just saying that it isnt and that your statement is absolutely ridiculous

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Miffstaa said:
and im just saying that it isnt and that your statement is absolutely ridiculous
I cannot possibly view unwanted pregnancies being the result of responsible sex (except the cases of rape and other crimes where the one aspect of party didn't wish to condone the pregnancy)

Miffstaa

HSC
lyounamu said:
I cannot possibly view unwanted pregnancies being the result of responsible sex (except the cases of rape and other crimes where the one aspect of party didn't wish to condone the pregnancy)
condoms do not provide 100% protection, if you have the flu and are using antibiotics whilst you are on the pill you can also get pregnant. there are many possible scenarios...

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Hmm. And the 0.05-10% failure rate of various contraceptives counts as "irresponsible sex".

-Kwayera

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Miffstaa said:
condoms do not provide 100% protection, if you have the flu and are using antibiotics whilst you are on the pill you can also get pregnant. there are many possible scenarios...
Would you like to quote the chance of that? I would assume that the chance of condoms failing is probably about 1-3% at most.

Some cases which involve so-called "accidents" are not really accidents at all. And the cases where condoms or other contraceptives fail are due to the irresponsible uses of them.

Miffstaa

HSC
lyounamu said:
Would you like to quote the chance of that? I would assume that the chance of condoms failing is probably about 1-3% at most.
the reason i quoted those scenarios above is because they have occurred to several people.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Miffstaa said:
the reason i quoted those scenarios above is because they have occurred to several people.
Yes, it does happen to several people. But I reckon the chance of unwanted prognency purely based on probability would be extremely minute.

Miffstaa

HSC
lyounamu said:
Yes, it does happen to several people. But I reckon the chance of unwanted prognency purely based on probability would be extremely minute.
and would it still make them irresponsible for having an abortion?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Miffstaa said:
And it might sound harsh but tough luck, the female dealt with it by having the abortion. And while we do focus a lot on the 'fetus' and the morals that are associated by killing it, what about the females life? I wouldnt want mine to go down the drain.
So you kill another for your own convinience. Nice going, morally vacuous bitch.

Don't want a baby don't have sex. Want to take the risk? Fine, everyone does but don't complain when you're the statistical minority that gets saddled with an infant! lol 2 u!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Miffstaa said:
and would it still make them irresponsible for having an abortion?
Irresponsible for the extreme chance whereby the unwanted pregnency could occur.

Miffstaa

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
So you kill another for your own convinience. Nice going, morally vacuous bitch.
yeah ill actually be honest and say that i would do that. id cash out the $360 and try to forget that im killing a living thing.

Don't want a baby don't have sex. Want to take the risk? Fine, everyone does but don't complain when you're the statistical minority that gets saddled with an infant! lol 2 u!
dont worry. no, i was influenced by the jonas brothers to wear a promise ring

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
In this instance, we have the typical selfish female equating a human life to a watermelon. Truly fascinating creatures!

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
lyounamu said:
And the cases where condoms or other contraceptives fail are due to the irresponsible uses of them.
That's bull. Sometimes the condom breaks, even when it's put on properly. Sometimes the pill just fails, even when it has been taken correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)