• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Abortion Debate (continued) (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
steaks are delicious

i didnt see how they were referred to in here, but if a foetus tastes like steak then i'm all for recycling

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
katie tully said:
cbf reading any of the responses, but 99% of you are fucking retarded and i have no idea how kway can continue to respond to the level of retardation in this thread

i bid ye farewell for tonight
I'm just a sucker for punishment :(

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
cbf reading any of the responses, but 99% of you are fucking retarded and i have no idea how kway can continue to respond to the level of retardation in this thread

i bid ye farewell for tonight
You're a bastion of intelligence and integrity.

*o*

HSC
just want to get an opinion on the way i view abortion. What is worse:

1. Having an unwanted child who can not be truly cared for due to lack of mental and financial preparedness. Ultimately resolving in an unhappy upbringing, and eventual life. How many of you know babies who have been born to unwanting teenaged families who are screwed up?

2. Aborting the child, and in essence depriving it of sentience.

Additionally, in these times of economic hardship do we really need any more welfare families draining the governments already stretched system?

So what do you think?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
*o* said:
can not be truly cared for due to lack of mental and financial preparedness. Ultimately resolving in an unhappy upbringing, and eventual life.
Can we stop with the sweeping generalisations from the pro-abortion camp please?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
No apparently we don't, because an egg and a sperm have to meet and as soon as they meet it's baby time! So if you shoot a lazer at a sperm and kill it whilst it's 3nm away from the egg, it's ok coz they haven't fertilised yet.

Not murder :shy:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
Only if you twats stop with the whole 'lolz murder' thing.
I would like to repeat for the thousandth time that I've not once called it murder. I've been calling it killing.

Thanks Katie.

HSC
*o* said:
just want to get an opinion on the way i view abortion. What is worse:

1. Having an unwanted child who can not be truly cared for due to lack of mental and financial preparedness. Ultimately resolving in an unhappy upbringing, and eventual life. How many of you know babies who have been born to unwanting teenaged families who are screwed up?

2. Aborting the child, and in essence depriving it of sentience.

Additionally, in these times of economic hardship do we really need any more welfare families draining the governments already stretched system?

So what do you think?
I think aborting the child in that situation is selfish.. there are thousand's of people who want children to adopt but are on ridulously long waiting lists, many who will never adopt.

out of your hard situation bring someone joy

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
I think aborting the child in that situation is selfish.. there are thousand's of people who want children to adopt but are on ridulously long waiting lists, many who will never adopt.

out of your hard situation bring someone joy
Yeah and how many of these people are willing to adopt babies with severe medical conditions?

HSC
katie tully said:
Yeah and how many of these people are willing to adopt babies with severe medical conditions?
I think that some would be willing

EDIT: and some have no choice cos they find out after the child is born

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
katie said:
No apparently we don't, because an egg and a sperm have to meet and as soon as they meet it's baby time! So if you shoot a lazer at a sperm and kill it whilst it's 3nm away from the egg, it's ok coz they haven't fertilised yet.
i'm not sure what your objection is, and i'm not sure how you think you can get away with calling this distinction arbitrary when you yourself believe that abortions can take place up until around about 24 weeks when there exists some magical dividing line upon which time it becomes wrong.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
want2bdifferent said:
I think that some would be willing

EDIT: and some have no choice cos they find out after the child is born
Yes there are some that are willing. But are you actually implying that a large percentage of adoptive parents want to adopt a baby with a severe medical condition?

I highly doubt it.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
i'm not sure what your objection is, and i'm not sure how you think you can get away with calling this distinction arbitrary when you yourself believe that abortions can take place up until around about 24 weeks when there exists some magical dividing line upon which time it becomes wrong.
I've already covered my stance on this. I don't know how many times I have to explain to you the difference between a viable life and a non viable life.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
ahh. inconvinence is grounds for killing now. when does this stop exactly? :wave:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
I've already covered my stance on this. I don't know how many times I have to explain to you the difference between a viable life and a non viable life.
you haven't covered your stance at all because you don't understand the objection i'm raising. this post itself has a big fat fuzzy dividing line that you're going to have to justify. When is the concrete time at which it ends. Why is this so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)