The Abortion Debate... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbird

HSC
crazyhomo said:
ummmm...those were pictures of foetuses, not pictures of abortions. you do understand the difference, right?
WTF. Those foetuses WERE aborted!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Has anyone seen an abortion? It's suprisingly not that bad. Certainly not repulsive or anything at all.
yeah have you seen one? actually been there, i dont think a lot of ppl here have neways....but i do think it is repulsive from the desriptions of the different procedures.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
thejosiekiller said:
yeah have you seen one? actually been there, i dont think a lot of ppl here have neways....but i do think it is repulsive from the desriptions of the different procedures.
Have you seen the controversial English documentary, "My Foetus?" I highly recommend it.

"For the first time on British television, the programme shows an abortion procedure at four weeks of pregnancy, an inspection of aborted foetal remains of a seven-week pregnancy and images of a 10, 11 and 21 week aborted foetus."

So yes, I have seen it done, though not in real life. Obviously it would be worse depending on how late it was done.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
well when the suction tube starts invading the womb its heart rate goes up, it starts moving around fairly spuratically and people even claim that the opening of its mouth is a scream...
sure thing Doc

"sporadically"

HSC
HAHAHAHAHAHA

ok, firstly, i have HAD an abortion you fuckwits. it did not look anything like that.

secondly, that abortiontv site is about as reliable and objective as that site that resurfaces every so often with 'aborted babies'...on floral tablecloths, with gangly limps :rolleyes: and they talk about how they use the 'accurette to scrape your insides'

also, that pool of blood all these poor little babies are in? bullshit.

oh, and also, " Baby retrieved from garbage of an abortion clinic."? yeah fucking right.

i think maybe superbird needs to use less emotion and more common fucking sense

superbird

HSC
girlanachronism said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA

ok, firstly, i have HAD an abortion you fuckwits. it did not look anything like that.

secondly, that abortiontv site is about as reliable and objective as that site that resurfaces every so often with 'aborted babies'...on floral tablecloths, with gangly limps :rolleyes: and they talk about how they use the 'accurette to scrape your insides'

also, that pool of blood all these poor little babies are in? bullshit.

oh, and also, " Baby retrieved from garbage of an abortion clinic."? yeah fucking right.

i think maybe superbird needs to use less emotion and more common fucking sense
i reckon u should use a condom and stop sleeping around. talk about common sense!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
superbird said:
i reckon u should use a condom and stop sleeping around. talk about common sense!
Mate... that's pretty stupid, assuming her situation. Condoms break. For all you know that's what might have happened.

And 'sleeping around'... I can't begin to express how screwed up that logic is...

HSC
not entirely, i chose the nitrous oxide route, which meant i was awake, but still sedated. i basically vaguely remember the procedure itself, but to be honest i was pretty much in la la land. there was some bleeding afterward - enough so that i needed to use pads to be really blunt - but it was *nothing* like these sites show.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Abortion_in_Australia?open

for the record there is a more accurate record of abortion in australia. without attempts at emotional blackmail or bias.

superbird

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Mate... that's pretty stupid, assuming her situation. Condoms break. For all you know that's what might have happened.

And 'sleeping around'... I can't begin to express how screwed up that is... I mean you assume that because she had 1 abortion, she's sleeping around! Great logic.
im sorry but she sounds like a retard to me. its people like her that abuse the system of abortion that cause such debates.

HSC
superbird said:
haha nice try honey - i was using the pill as well as condoms and was in a monogamous relationship at the time.

what do you think you're going to do? make me ashamed of what i did? of course i wish i'd never had to do it, but the fact is, i made the right choice and while i am speaking as an australian woman who's actually had an abortion and understands what goes on and the emotional/physical ramifications, you are a gronk who's ruled by some bullshit idea that it's a gruesome, horrific prodcedure.

HSC
superbird said:
im sorry but she sounds like a retard to me. its people like her that abuse the system of abortion that cause such debates.
how did i abuse it? i was barely 16 and i did everything right and still got pregnant. i chose not to bring a baby into this world that i couldn't support.

superbird

HSC
girlanachronism said:
haha nice try honey - i was using the pill as well as condoms and was in a monogamous relationship at the time.

what do you think you're going to do? make me ashamed of what i did? of course i wish i'd never had to do it, but the fact is, i made the right choice and while i am speaking as an australian woman who's actually had an abortion and understands what goes on and the emotional/physical ramifications, you are a gronk who's ruled by some bullshit idea that it's a gruesome, horrific prodcedure.
thats still no reason to call us all fuckwits

HSC
superbird said:
thats still no reason to call us all fuckwits
um, when you're posting sensationalised propaganda websites re:abortion and trying to argue your point based on the info found in a very obviously biased (not to mention largely fabricated) source, then yes, you are a fuckwit.

superbird

HSC
girlanachronism said:
how did i abuse it? i was barely 16 and i did everything right and still got pregnant. i chose not to bring a baby into this world that i couldn't support.
its the fact how u make it as if abortion is a completely harmless and simple procedure, advocating that its an ok thing to do. im simply making a judgement of u from the way u talk about the whole thing as if its nothing.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
that's where i got my information from about abortion limits and such girlanachronism,
don't you think there should be a limit tho... like i think 12 weeks should be the limit...

The reason why yours probably didn't seem to have as much blood is because you got to your fairly early, u said 5-6 weeks didn't you? however by around 12-14 weeks the baby can feel pain...

That video i believe was a baby of 12-14 weeks... something along those lines.

HSC
superbird said:
its the fact how u make it as if abortion is a completely harmless and simple procedure, advocating that its an ok thing to do. im simply making a judgement of u from the way u talk about the whole thing as if its nothing.
well frankly, if it needs to be done, it needs to be done. i'm not saying don't consider the other options first but i do not regret what i did. also, if you read the beginning of this thread, i clearly stated that of course i wish i hadn't had to do it, but fact of the matter is, i did.

btw, just a little food for thought:

"Undergoing an abortion is 10 times safer than childbirth."

"but complications can occur in around three per cent of cases"

"Comparatively speaking, Australia's abortion rate is reasonably low by international standards."

"The typical profile of a woman seeking abortion includes:

* Aged in her 20s
* Single
* Childless
* Well educated
* Employed."

"It's often believed that only irresponsible women fall pregnant by accident. This is not true. Studies show that between half and two thirds of all women presenting for abortion were using contraception at the time."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)