The Abortion Debate... (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie777

I asked my mum (who is a doctor) and she explained it to me, and I was writing the answer.

Sorry, I am wondering what that dude said in that quote that was wrong?(Except for his claim those who are clinically dead and not breathing are actually alive)

Sophie777

Yeh. He said this

"Sure it has a heart beat, doesnt mean its alive right . You obviously think that a person is alive only when they are breathing. What happens if they go into a temporarty coma or drowned but can be revived. Would you pronounce them dead cause they cannot breathe?
You inadvertely implied that a baby is useless in a womb because it has no proper organs?? Lets not get into the ethical and moral side of this statement. You probably dont have any respect for human life."

HSC
ah, i said he was a gronk for basically saying that because homo advocates abortion (or at least supports the right to choice) that he doesn't respect human life. like, it's a completely erroneous conclusion.

Sophie777

Fair enough. It is a really amazing opinion coming from a MAN. God I hate that. What do they know about abortion? It seems like you, women with children and others having gone through similar situations are the ones who have a right to an opinion on the subject.

Superbird, how can you say having an abortion is not having respect for human life? How can you possibly think this is your right to advocate such small minded views when you couldn't possibly understand the act of becoming pregnant, finding out and coming to terms with the idea of bringing a child into the world into an unstable teenager relationship?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
girlanachronism said:
ah, i said he was a gronk for basically saying that because homo advocates abortion (or at least supports the right to choice) that he doesn't respect human life. like, it's a completely erroneous conclusion.
actually, i was more worried that he said that because i stated that a foetus doesn't have lungs at a certain age then i must be saying that everyone who cannot breathe must not be human. that is just stupid on so many levels

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
hay everyone is entitled to their opinion

but they can also have the wrong facts- its a two way thing, but in the end their opinion is based heavily on ethics as is the case when discussing abortion

there will always be so many ppl who have a particular stance that is very hard to change....pro choice, pro life, those who want further medical advances- it never ends, but there needs to be a limit in some areas while at the same time thinking about the actual ppl involved

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Sophie777 said:
I'm not sure a foetus does breathe, nor do I think its heart beats.
It definately breaths and it has a faint heart beat at 7 weeks.....
There is no knowledgable doctor that will tell you the foetus's are alive...

^ sorry i just saw you corrected yourself, i meant ARE alive lol

Men can have a strong opinion on this matter, just because you haven't experienced something or don't know every possible thing there is to learn about something doesn't mean you can't make a well-informed opinion based on what you know.

Also please realise that you won't have a baby without a man, naturally... so we're fairly involved too...

Last edited:

Sophie777

But it isn't going to grow inside you, so I hardly think you can make us have it. Or say it is unethical for us to not want to have it.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Nah, men have a say. Definatley.

Unless he decides to rack off after coming to terms with the fact that his girlfriend etc is pregnant. Oh what a horrible feeling...

But yeah, men have a say, at least I think so.

Sophie777

I think men have a say in whether you get one. But they don't have a say in whether they are legal! Thats so unfair!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well i think it'd be wrong to say men don't have a say then once you get pregnant complain about ur guy not doing enough, not understanding etc...

Sophie777

Yes I get what you are saying. Not-That-Bright, I don't mean you don't have a say with your girlfriend, but I don't think Tony Abbott, as a man, has any right to speak in the matter.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah but laws reflect a society

there shouldnt be laws made specifically by women...it would be like saying - let coporations make laws on business law etc...that isnt quite right

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
so simply because i'm a man my argument is void?
yes.
how can the male have a say in it?
if they disagree, its not like his opinion is going to override hers.
its her body. only she can choose.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
haha @ thejosiekiller...
4 the person who sed tony abbotts is male and hence no right to comment..
realise that up to 15 yrs ago most of the people who performed abortions were male
most lawmakers were males..

its just will the lowering of the glass ceiling that equality is showing

so fact is .. it takes 2 to make a baby..gender is determined by sperm too and 50% of all chromosomes are from a man.. i think fair to say its a whole society thing.. :D

HSC
i think the father should have a say, however in no way does he have the right to coerce the woman into something that she ultimately doesn't want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)