The Abortion Debate... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
girlanachronism said:
HOLY SHIT! I have said approx 838580 times that I generally disagree with abortion past a certain point!

I'm sorry, but ~15 of pain of a non autonmous creature is far more preferable to me than pregnancy and childbirth. Especially considering that childbirth has physical ramifications, ie stretchmarks not to mention decreased bladder control and it also can make sex less enjoyable.
plus possiblity of dropping out of school/work ---->which leads to a dark financial future for the child and parent anyway, getting looked-down at... (although they're not physical)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
the only problem is that in most of those stories, the guys lives arent ruined, they just try to run away from their responsibilities or take the child away from the girl, if she has it.
or thats what i know has happened with friends/aquaintances. even when the guy says he'll support the girl he has gotten pregnant, he usually turns around and says he wants nothing to do with it, or says that shes an unfit mother.

im prolly being harsh to all you guys. im SURE there are some nice ones out there :)

but it usually affects the girls life more- it should be the right of every girl to decide if she wants a baby or not, and have the ability to have an abortion. after all it is 9 months of her life that shes pregnant and if she doesnt chose to give it up for adoption, she'll have to care for the child the rest of her life.
that being said, i think boys need to be more educated about this whole thing, and some kinda male association set up so guys know how to deal with these issues with their girlfriends/partners/watever-'s

not that bright, i dont believe that if you have sex you need to necesarily be ready to have the child, but i think that you should be mature and well educated enough to be able to handle it and make a decision.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
No you should be ready to have the child, perhaps not financially (i wish the government would give more financial assistance!), but emotionally i think u should be mature enough...

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
oh no decreased bladder control, less enjoyable sex....
How's bout death?

And where would your point be?
oh my god! believe it or not, these things impact on people! fuckwit.
THE FOETUS DOES NOT KNOW IT IS DEAD. IT DOES NOT HAVE THE BRAINPOWER TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH, COMPLETELY IGNORING THE FACT THAT IT IS DEAD ANYWAY

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
how did u initially handle it?
i mean what made them tell u?
to be honest i have no idea why they felt the need to tell me. I was pretty shitty at first, but now i don't think it's a big deal, my parents love me and they wouldn't change a thing, that's all that matters. Plus it's something i bring up in every fight we have lol, it's an excellant guilt trip.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Do you support PETA?
The Foetus might not know about death, however it definately fears what's happening to it and sometime after 12 weeks can feel the pain...

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
why must you keep re-hashing the pain thing? we read it the first 100 times.
Aside from that, the pain won't last that long. And how do you know it feels fear? Does a foetus have emotions? wouldn't that require far more devolpement then they have at that point?

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
OK....

every woman should have the right to an abortion. and no-one should judge her for that decision, if she so makes it (then again its like asking people not to judge gays, theres always going to be some loser who does)

its not meant to be seen as a way out and should be taken very seriously and the decision made after councelling and the whole kit and caboodle, so that she knows what shes getting into.

but its your body, your choice, and if you find that it is the decision you come to after having councelling etc etc etc, then whos to take that decision away from you.

would you have something against the morning after pill in the same regard?

HSC
Um, I exercised today and my heartrate went up. That doesnt mean I was in pain or fearful. :rolleyes:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I have trouble believing that they'd know what death is though.

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
so you don't think foetus's fear death?
of course it doesn't you gronk it

a) doesn't understand the concept of life/death

and

b) does not have developed emotional reactions

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
so you don't think foetus's fear death?
no, I don't think they have any real concept of their own mortality.
It takes time and experience to devolpe emotional responses to things, yes, we have a bond with our parents as soon as we are born, but it takes time for that to devolpe into love. In some cases it never does.
So no, i don't think they fear death. I may be wrong, but unless you can comehow comune with a feotus and ask it we will never know.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Do you not think that they fear the pain tho, i believe it's natural instinct for all creatures to fear pain, their demise even if they may not know what death is...

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Do you not think that they fear the pain tho, i believe it's natural instinct for all creatures to fear pain, their demise even if they may not know what death is...
I don't actually define a feotus as a "creature" or "human" if it cannot survive on it's own outside the womb. Besides, a foetus isn't fully devolped yet. I would think that that kind of stuff would be the last to devolp, and at the stage of abortion it just wouldn't be there yet.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Ok, I believe that abortions should be legal, and its the womens right to do so.

However, I have now listened to the "other sides" arguement and it seems very convincing (this "other side" is at school). You "Lefties" believe that Executions are terrible and should never be condoned. Some people have compared these to killings as "State sanctioned killings." These "state sanctioned killings" can be compared to abortions. As long as Medicare and the Federal Government condone them, these "killings" are being sanctioned by the state.

Thoughts?

Keep in mind I still support abortions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)