• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Anime Thread (1 Viewer)

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
funniboi said:
OoOOoer

nice i might consider gettin that too

in the review i saw FLCL

anyone seen it?
any good ??
FLCL is bizarre.

After you watch it, you can't deny how brilliant it is, but you aren't sure if you loved it or hated it.

It's not just an anime, it's an experience.

is a roflcopter
HSC
anyone got a torrent link to eva
i suddenly want to watch it again

malkin86

HSC
Wasn't His and Her Circumstances referenced in Excel Saga? It seems rather sudsy to me...

Has anyone seen, read or heard of Touch?

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
Hi guys,

when i wa a kid, i saw this great anime series i forgot the name of.anyway i was hoping if any of you know it.

its about this family, whose spaceship was trapped on the moon cos of some aliens , which invaded their spaceship. everyone aboard was captured except for the captains son, and somehow he was given a (Green?)crystal that would transform into some kind of s fightin robot suit that he can wear.when he is in this suit he can launch this MASSIVE energy beam at his enemy to finish them off.

anyway, the aliens started to invade the earth and he was mankinds only hope to fight them off since his robot suit was alien technology.(one of the threats was alien flowers that grows on earth, when reaches maturity would spell disaster for mankind).

so anyway, if anybody know the name of this series :)

funniboi

HSC
heahea
i think it was peach girl live ation
that had the cute chix :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Anyone been following the Bleach manga religiously? Holy cow.. Aizen is one bad fucker.

tempco

HSC
Steven12 said:
when i wa a kid, i saw this great anime series i forgot the name of.anyway i was hoping if any of you know it.

its about this family, whose spaceship was trapped on the moon cos of some aliens , which invaded their spaceship. everyone aboard was captured except for the captains son, and somehow he was given a (Green?)crystal that would transform into some kind of s fightin robot suit that he can wear.when he is in this suit he can launch this MASSIVE energy beam at his enemy to finish them off.
CHEEZ TV!!! :D

funniboi

HSC
i havnt been following the bleach manga but i'm really into the anime
each week when luanr subs it i cant wait till i watch it
it just gets better n better each time!!!!!

as for touch, i think i've seen it somewhere on animesuki, never really read into it tho..
any good ?

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
funniboi said:
heahea
i think it was peach girl live ation
that had the cute chix :D
I think only the evil girl in the live action one is remotely good looking

but the guys in the anime...drrooool...cant wait for next episode to come out...

tempco

HSC
I used to read Bleach manga but as soon as the anime popped up, I've converted to watching that instead... awesome so far!

funniboi

HSC
lol, all anime guys look the same simmic, ahaha i might start downloading the live action series'... the gto live one was fuking awesome!!!

lol whats the bleach manga up to now anyway ? how many eps ya guys reckon it'll turn out to have?

oh, and what about 'princess mononoke' anyone hear of that? any good? its a movie, or soemthing..

bekstah

HSC
N/A
samurai champloo kicks animeasse~
naruto is cool
grenadier was cool (till they stopped teh eps)
hack sign is weird (but interesting concept)
dl'ed bleach but havnt watched
paranoia agent imo is teh best 13 ep series~
full metal panic (fmpff rocked too)
full metal alchemist is cool
yu-gi-oh was ok =p
dbz was cool but db sux

currently keeping up wif champloo, i cant pick up anything else now with dl cap in place, coz now i got my tv shows to dl as well, sux to be me :<

tempco

HSC
funniboi said:
oh, and what about 'princess mononoke' anyone hear of that? any good? its a movie, or soemthing..
I've watched that... it was pretty good. Spirited Away was better though... and Grave of the Fireflies should be watched too :D

funniboi

HSC
spirited away was pretty cool too, but i didnt enjoy it that much!
so its not as good as spirited away eh..

hmmm, oh well.

champloo episodes 18+ have been released eh,

eps 1 - 17 is licenced 18 - 26 isnt, (yet).

does the story continue from 17 , or a new storyline is set out? cause i have 1-17, havnt really watched it all tho

tempco

HSC
I enjoyed Spirited Away because of its mixed humour/drama... Princess Mononoke is more of a serious anime, so I didn't like it as much.

Regarding SC, it's all the same story line... weird how they would only license part of the anime :s

funniboi

HSC
oh i see, so it continues on, fark.... i thought they'd never air eps 18 - 26 since the first half is licenced, :/ so yeah hmm i might give that a download too

and i might watch princess mononoke, since its finished :)

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
I didnt enjoy princess mononoke as much as spirited away either. I wasnt that fond of the animation style of spirited away but the story and how its carried drew me into it.

And sigh...it is kinda sad how most anime guys look the same...but I suppose the twe leads in peach girl have different face shapes so not really the same. Ah....fruits basket is the one where all the guys look the same and you only really need to change the hair and eye colour to switch between characters. Thats one of the reasons why, I suppose, Im so fond of Slam Dunk where everyone looks quite individual.

funniboi

HSC
omg!! i want to get slam dunk
i've seen like 3 - 4 episodes of it , and it's awesome, it reminds me of hajime no ippo!!!!!!!!!!

slam dunk! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)