The Anime Thread (1 Viewer)

funniboi

HSC
i've seen it :)

it's a hayao miyazaki film (EX CUSE MY SPELLING HAHAHA)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
that's the same dude who made spirited away isnt it. i loved that movie to bits :) :)
i watched the bebop movie again last night lol coz last time i was like half asleep... :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
That spelling of Hayao Miyazaki is correct. Howl's Moving Castle is lesser Miyazaki however. You want to see My Neighbour Totoro, Castle of Cagliostro, Porco Rosso or Kiki's Delivery Service for the real classics.

funniboi

HSC
yeah, the bebop movie is cool ! watch the series as well doris.

benny, lol i dunno last night i was pretty gone so yeh. but kiki's delivery service is pretty good, so was porco rosso, but i havnt seen the other 2.

howl's moving castle was great as well. and i've still yet to watch nausicca + grave of filesflies (studio gibli film which miyazaki is part of) he he he he!

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
yeah i went to c da fma movie in da cinemas i was in da line for 45 mins n got da front row tix....on da very left too...oh well it was worth it

Joeno

HSC
Alright, i'm pissed. I just typed a lot of crap, and suddenly the window reloaded (fu**ing Opera short-cut keys).

Anyways, i'll be short.

I think (so don't flame) Miyazaki's film's are the most publicized of all anime at least in the west, but are SOOOO goddamn sh*t compared to a lot of other anime.

His films are pretty good if you're a child or an adult, because they raise social issues and didact moralistic messages... and such. But if you don't take to heart those things, then you will suffer watching his films. The storylines are quite boring and the characters, annoying and unrealistic. It's just like western animation.

A small exception, for me at least, was Spirited Away. But only because i enjoyed the very creative animation sequences.

Generally, all anime movies are crap. From Cowboy Bebop (And the series as well, crap crap crap), to Akira, and Appleseed, and the Narutos. They have a significantly inferior storyline, and weak character development, when compared to their series counterpart, or other anime series.

I think the best anime often are series like Elfen Lied, Bleach, KgNE, School Rumble, Speed Grapher etc. OVAs are slightly less interesting as they function simply as extras (with extreme exceptions though, eg. Rorouni Kenshin OVA owned ass)

Hentai also has graced us with some good series (Can Can Bunny, Futari Ecchi). None of that hardcore tentacle / gore / homo / urine / diarrhea stuff though.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Joeno said:
Cowboy Bebop (And the series as well, crap crap crap)
really? i liked the series a lot :) the movie was marginally better but the series as a whole kicked ass i thought. i got a little bored in some episodes (notably the "boogie woogie feng shui" ep or whatever its name was, gosh that was boring). but yeah, cowboy bebop = :D

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
man, so pissed off, no naruto manga last week...i wanted to read it so bad! no naruto anime, but it wud hav been a filler anyway >.<

I wanna go buy manga Yotsuba..looks damn funnay

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
as anybody watched this two animes?
Futakoi and
Tsubasa Chronicle
what are your thoughts on them?

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Reshie said:
as anybody watched this two animes?
Futakoi and
Tsubasa Chronicle
what are your thoughts on them?
Out of those two anime you've mentioned, I've only seen Futakoi Alternative. Its pretty random and wacky at first then it gradually becomes more depressive then it gets random and wacky again. That sums everything up.

But many people on ASuki said that Futakoi Alternative is an improvement from original Futakoi.

ricenoodles

HSC
Finally decided to start watching anime again and was recommended 'school rumble'. Just finished watching it and it's hilarious. Defintely one of the funnier animes I've seen.

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
i've never really seen tsubasa chronicle....does have anything to do with cart captor sakura..... cos da characters look da same soz to ask
yes but bleach is soooo awesome rite now i can't wait till 68 is out!!!! is it out yet!!!!!! i'm high lol

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
Yeah, too bad its now all filler material (they have their reasons). However, I reckon the Bleach fillers are better than the Naruto fillers... so far. (I can't believe I wasted my time watching those!)

Hellsing Ultimate OVA 01 kicks soo much ass. 50 minutes! Insane! Watch it. :D

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
tarsus said:
Yeah, too bad its now all filler material (they have their reasons). However, I reckon the Bleach fillers are better than the Naruto fillers... so far. (I can't believe I wasted my time watching those!)
Yeh, I just stopped downloading it.

tarsus said:
Hellsing Ultimate OVA 01 kicks soo ass. 50 minutes! Insane! Watch it. :D
OMG.

OMG, Hellsing?

Damn it, I'm capped. Damn it, damn it, damn it. :burn:

EDIT: Finally watched it. Orsome stuff. I loved how it was a lot more humorous than the original. Alucard v Crazy priest rocks.

Last edited:

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
tempco said:
EDIT: Finally watched it. Orsome stuff. I loved how it was a lot more humorous than the original. Alucard v Crazy priest rocks.
Too bad the next OVA is gonna be up in a couple months time (Japan release: early summer. Around April for us). :(

But they did do a good job adapting the first episode which covered basically volume 1 of the manga. Almost everything was transferred directly from the manga to the screen and hopefully they'll continue that throughout the OVA for the next 3 years (the projected timeframe) which will cover the volume 1 to the very end. That's about 10-11 episodes if it continues to cover like this. Can't wait. :D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yes i've seen it too...v. v. good, i was stoked. and the humour is a nice touch too, at first i was like "this is different" but then i just started laughing. lol, alucard, my fave character, is there anything he cant do?? :D

vyin

HSC
Your right, naruto has gotten downhill, so they had better make their REAL episodes GREAT, ahhh i wanna see sasuke and his power!

sniper_m4a1

HSC
N/A
yeah da naruto anime is seriously like just not interesting nemore i stopped ages ago but i reckon the comix r like still really good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)