The Anime Thread (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Just finished Full Metal Alchemist. I really enjoyed it.

Anyone know if the movie is any good? Might have to track it down...

Ive just started watching Bleach too. Despite how awesome everyone tells me it is, it seems pretty average to me so far, but ive only watched a couple of episodes. Does it get any more interesting?

Trying to start Death Note, but my computer isnt letting me :(

Foxodi

HSC
Death Note is my personal favourite :D
I watched the first episode of Bleach - I don't think I'll ever get around to watching it (and if I do, it'll be years down the track)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Just finished Full Metal Alchemist. I really enjoyed it.

Anyone know if the movie is any good? Might have to track it down...

Ive just started watching Bleach too. Despite how awesome everyone tells me it is, it seems pretty average to me so far, but ive only watched a couple of episodes. Does it get any more interesting?

Trying to start Death Note, but my computer isnt letting me :(
the FMA movie is alright I guess. I didn't really like it as much as I liked the series (which I liked a lot)...but there's nothing glaringly bad about it, it's just...meh. It doesn't really answer all the questions that the series left hanging, which was annoying. But it's worth a go regardless.

and bleach does get more interesting. I got up to about episode 150-something and then stuff got in the way and I havent gone back to it, but it does get pretty good.

as for death note, get a new computer if you have to. It's THAT good. (now that I've said that someone's going to come and say they hate it but trust me, awesome)

man I'm such a nerd :D

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Forbidden. said:
I'm waiting for the Gundam SEED movie, in English too.
You can tell Gundam SEED is my favourite.
i can't wait till GUndam00 season 2 comes out. :(

And omg. The Melanchony of Haruhi Suzuya. Season 2 has been announced. but it'll be apparently a while before it comes out. :(

Currently watching:
- Macross Frontier: think planes, in space, which can transform into gundam type things. awesome sound track though.
- Code Geass: R2: season 2 really picks off from the first.
- Soul Eater: Hilarious. but if you like bleach, you'll deffinitely love this.

Also guys, you HAVE to check out Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It is like .. one of the best animes that i've seen. The latter half is a bit unbelievable, but still is my fav. anime.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
shinji said:

And omg. The Melanchony of Haruhi Suzuya. Season 2 has been announced. but it'll be apparently a while before it comes out ...
ive been suggested quite a few times to watch that, is it in english at all?
i dont like watching anime unless its in english.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Forbidden. said:
thats weird. i cant stand english dubbs.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Forbidden. said:
Dude. i hate dubs. No other way I can watch anime besides subs. Some dubs are alright such as DBZ, Fruits basket, and other anime where the voices actuallY SUIT the characters. but ones like Naruto where he sounds like a girl anoy me.

non the lessyou shoudld check it out. Btw, don't let the first episode put you off. the episodes that it aired in aren't in chronological order which you'll understand once you watch the anime. Trust me, i got turned off by the first episode, but after it, i loved it.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
shinji said:
Dude. i hate dubs. No other way I can watch anime besides subs. Some dubs are alright such as DBZ, Fruits basket, and other anime where the voices actuallY SUIT the characters. but ones like Naruto where he sounds like a girl anoy me.

non the lessyou shoudld check it out. Btw, don't let the first episode put you off. the episodes that it aired in aren't in chronological order which you'll understand once you watch the anime. Trust me, i got turned off by the first episode, but after it, i loved it.
You're right about Naruto (I've only seen English dub), his voice sounds horrible and I immediately switch to another channel.
The english dubs of Gundam Seed are alright.
I may ask my friend for, it's called Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya right?.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Forbidden. said:
You're right about Naruto (I've only seen English dub), his voice sounds horrible and I immediately switch to another channel.
The english dubs of Gundam Seed are alright.
I may ask my friend for, it's called Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya right?.
That's the one. You'll either love it or hate it. lol
I loved it. It won Anime of the year in o6 if i'm not mistaken.
Now if only they would release season 2 quicker!! =(

kloudsurfer

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
the FMA movie is alright I guess. I didn't really like it as much as I liked the series (which I liked a lot)...but there's nothing glaringly bad about it, it's just...meh. It doesn't really answer all the questions that the series left hanging, which was annoying. But it's worth a go regardless.

and bleach does get more interesting. I got up to about episode 150-something and then stuff got in the way and I havent gone back to it, but it does get pretty good.

as for death note, get a new computer if you have to. It's THAT good. (now that I've said that someone's going to come and say they hate it but trust me, awesome)

man I'm such a nerd :D
It seems its only Death Note eps 1-8 that I cant watch.

Reckon I can start from 9 and have some idea what is going on?

And i used to watch dubbed anime until one day I watched it with subs and realised it was so much better! And sometimes when you watch both the dubbed and subtitled editions, you can see that there are huge differences and some of the meaning gets lost in translation.

Nuttaiish

HSC
i like really random anime haha but the all times favourite one is CCS then bleach but i don't watch it anymore can not be bother following up cause i already lost which episode and manga chapter i am up to.

LinkageAX

HSC
kloudsurfer said:

And i used to watch dubbed anime until one day I watched it with subs and realised it was so much better! And sometimes when you watch both the dubbed and subtitled editions, you can see that there are huge differences and some of the meaning gets lost in translation.
Man Death Note is awesome,
I suggest trying to watch it from the beginning though. Try surfthechannel or something.
I also agree with your translation comments! It's quite true.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
kloudsurfer said:

I'd watch it from the beginning to really get the idea 'cause it's pretty complex but I guess if you watched it from 9 and read a plot summary of the other episodes you'd do alright.

And amen to the subs comment. Though there were a couple of shows I couldn't get into using the subbed version for some reason (e.g. I watched the hellsing dub, idk why but the original voices bugged me lol)

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Monoke
For One More Day
Perfect Blue
Naruto

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)