The Anime Thread (1 Viewer)

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
i actually rly loved code geass, as usual spoilers in white text

a lot of people talk about euphemia's death and shirley's death when it comes to f33lz not involving what happens to lelouch but i was actually really touched by Rolo's death just because of what he went through and the fact that lelouch gave him so much shit and even then he sacrificed himself for him

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
i actually rly loved code geass, as usual spoilers in white text

a lot of people talk about euphemia's death and shirley's death when it comes to f33lz not involving what happens to lelouch but i was actually really touched by Rolo's death just because of what he went through and the fact that lelouch gave him so much shit and even then he sacrificed himself for him
reply in white:

Let's not forget who killed Shirley and the fact that Lelouch was planning to kill Rolo anyway.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
reply in white:

Let's not forget who killed Shirley and the fact that Lelouch was planning to kill Rolo anyway.
(reply in white)
true but whilst there is no denying rolo is a jealous dick i do think his actions were partly fuelled by his upbringing as an assassin and i think it was just kinda tragic how he cared so much for lelouch despite lelouch literally telling him he hates him. I found his death touching in the same way that i found lelouch's touching, despite their flaws and moral ambiguity, they died in fairly selfless ways, lelouch forthe good of the world and rolo for his "brother", despite that very same person hating him

I was also really saddened by euphemia's death just cos of the shit she copped as the massacre princess despite being so innocent, and shirley just cos of the whole memory stuff with her and the torture of being in love with the man who was responsible for the death of her father.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
(reply in white)
true but whilst there is no denying rolo is a jealous dick i do think his actions were partly fuelled by his upbringing as an assassin and i think it was just kinda tragic how he cared so much for lelouch despite lelouch literally telling him he hates him. I found his death touching in the same way that i found lelouch's touching, despite their flaws and moral ambiguity, they died in fairly selfless ways, lelouch forthe good of the world and rolo for his "brother", despite that very same person hating him

I was also really saddened by euphemia's death just cos of the shit she copped as the massacre princess despite being so innocent, and shirley just cos of the whole memory stuff with her and the torture of being in love with the man who was responsible for the death of her father.

In whiteeeee:

Every death took me on a feels trip ;(
except for scums like V.V.......

Fun Fact: I watched code geass while I was in Year 9 or 10, being the immature sh*t that I was (probably still am) I always thought that Lelouch "did it" with Euphemia cuz she was naked with her dress lying on the sand and only wearing Lelouch's cape HAHAHAHA ;D

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
In whiteeeee:

Every death took me on a feels trip ;(
except for scums like V.V.......

Fun Fact: I watched code geass while I was in Year 9 or 10, being the immature sh*t that I was (probably still am) I always thought that Lelouch "did it" with Euphemia cuz she was naked with her dress lying on the sand and only wearing Lelouch's cape HAHAHAHA ;D
haha yeah V.V was a dick but even mao, despite being a possessive and insane creep, was a pretty tragic character just cos of the way he was driven to insanity by losing control of his geass like imagine hearing all those thoughts all the time omg

lulz well that would probs be anyone's first thought haha but yeah obvs it was cos all her clothes were wet and cold from being washed up on shore

i found the anime itself rly good and engaging though it has its flaws overall it was definitely fantastic

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
haha yeah V.V was a dick but even mao, despite being a possessive and insane creep, was a pretty tragic character just cos of the way he was driven to insanity by losing control of his geass like imagine hearing all those thoughts all the time omg

lulz well that would probs be anyone's first thought haha but yeah obvs it was cos all her clothes were wet and cold from being washed up on shore

i found the anime itself rly good and engaging though it has its flaws overall it was definitely fantastic
what sort of flaws?

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
what sort of flaws?
i watched the subs (cos the dub sounded godawful when i checked a clip or two on youtube to see for myself) and i just have a gripe with some of the voices for the female characters being gratingly high, but i suppose this is probs more just a cultural thing.

in terms of actual flaws i felt some coincidences (like suzaku meeting lelouch in the first ep) seemed a bit tacked on just to propel the story or introduce certain characters, not to mention the majority of lelouch's plans were genuinely awesome but others were ridiculously convenient to the point they were a tad implausible. I also feel like certain characters like Marianne could have been explored a bit more and jeremiah's allegiance to marianne could have been implied earlier on so it felt more natural when he changed sides.

These are fairly minor though and more to do with traditional anime tropes than code geass as an anime in itself but despite that it was definitely up there with the best animes i have seen just cos of how engaging it was and the unique characterisation of the protagonist

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
i watched the subs (cos the dub sounded godawful when i checked a clip or two on youtube to see for myself) and i just have a gripe with some of the voices for the female characters being gratingly high, but i suppose this is probs more just a cultural thing.

in terms of actual flaws i felt some coincidences (like suzaku meeting lelouch in the first ep) seemed a bit tacked on just to propel the story or introduce certain characters, not to mention the majority of lelouch's plans were genuinely awesome but others were ridiculously convenient to the point they were a tad implausible. I also feel like certain characters like Marianne could have been explored a bit more and jeremiah's allegiance to marianne could have been implied earlier on so it felt more natural when he changed sides.

These are fairly minor though and more to do with traditional anime tropes than code geass as an anime in itself but despite that it was definitely up there with the best animes i have seen just cos of how engaging it was and the unique characterisation of the protagonist
Subs>Dubs anytime

omg Lelouch's plans.....THE OUTPLAYZZZZZ
I would have loved watching a flashback of a decent fight scene with Marianne in a knightmare. Jeremiah's allegiance switch really did come out of nowhere so that was really surprising LOL

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Subs>Dubs anytime

omg Lelouch's plans.....THE OUTPLAYZZZZZ
I would have loved watching a flashback of a decent fight scene with Marianne in a knightmare. Jeremiah's allegiance switch really did come out of nowhere so that was really surprising LOL
i tend agree with the subs>dubs thing (no need to white text here) although some anime like samurai champloo and cowboy bebop i actually prefer the dubs

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
slight change of topic:

Animes could be used as a related text for belonging LOL
or you could rip it for you creative HAHAHA

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
slight change of topic:

Animes could be used as a related text for belonging LOL
or you could rip it for you creative HAHAHA
haha why not?

i got a pretty decent mark for my ext 1 assignment in prelim and it was on a videogame (okami)

ghost in the shell is often used as a related text if u do sci fi in ext 1 hsc (links excellently with neuromancer)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
haha why not?

i got a pretty decent mark for my ext 1 assignment in prelim and it was on a videogame (okami)

ghost in the shell is often used as a related text if u do sci fi in ext 1 hsc (links excellently with neuromancer)
idk....doesn't seem "right"

This sounds so stupid:
Similarly in Kishimoto's manga Naruto, the main protagonist Naruto constantly faces alienation and rejection due to the negative stigma attached on jinchurikis. This is evident through the actions of his genin classmates and parents' gossip. However, these barriers can be broken as shown by Naruto, highlighting that constant bonding between people form connections, ultimately leading to unity..... *insert moar bs*

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
idk....doesn't seem "right"

This sounds so stupid:
Similarly in Kishimoto's manga Naruto, the main protagonist Naruto constantly faces alienation and rejection due to the negative stigma attached on jinchurikis. This is evident through the actions of his genin classmates and parents' gossip. However, these barriers can be broken as shown by Naruto, highlighting that constant bonding between people form connections, ultimately leading to unity..... *insert moar bs*
it really depends on what type of anime or manga though, anime like ghost in the shell, akira, grave of the fireflies and miyazaki films are on a completely different level than naruto, one piece etc. when it comes to thematic complexity

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
it really depends on what type of anime or manga though, anime like ghost in the shell, akira, grave of the fireflies and miyazaki films are on a completely different level than naruto, one piece etc. when it comes to thematic complexity
I haven't watched those. The complexity wouldn't really make a difference, I wouldn't be able to pick it up anyway xD
Has anyone ever made up a related text before?

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I haven't watched those. The complexity wouldn't really make a difference, I wouldn't be able to pick it up anyway xD
Has anyone ever made up a related text before?
kinda a bit off-topic but one post should slide haha i know some guy who made up a rap song and used it as a related in their half yearlies and got 14/15 but it is definitely not recommended and that person obviously chose a legit text for his trials etc.

slightly more back on topic, those anime are amazing! You should definitely check them out, akira is an anime classic, the miyazaki films have gotten critical acclaim internationally (along with grave of the fireflies) and ghost in the shell is considered a seminal cyberpunk text

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
kinda a bit off-topic but one post should slide haha i know some guy who made up a rap song and used it as a related in their half yearlies and got 14/15 but it is definitely not recommended and that person obviously chose a legit text for his trials etc.

slightly more back on topic, those anime are amazing! You should definitely check them out, akira is an anime classic, the miyazaki films have gotten critical acclaim internationally (along with grave of the fireflies) and ghost in the shell is considered a seminal cyberpunk text
RAP SONG HAHAHAHA
lyrics pls

Probably check them out after hsc, as mentioned some pages back, I've quit watching anime because it eats so much time T_T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)