The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
johnny_87 said:
Marto may do that every now and then, but when we needed him in India, it was he and Clarke who stepped up and put on big partnerships to turn the tables.
yeh marto is a great batsman...i really hope he does well in this test...coz as u said when we need him he is alwayz there...well u may not have said those exact words but thatas wat im sayin

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
The way this is heading, Warne will have to take 18 wickets in this Test, and we will have to hope for two run-outs or something.

2/102 are England. 10 minutes to lunch... one more wicket would be good.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
The way this is heading, Warne will have to take 18 wickets in this Test, and we will have to hope for two run-outs or something.

2/102 are England. 10 minutes to lunch... one more wicket would be good.
i would not be surprised if we do just that...warne certainly has the talent...all hail warne...lol

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Well he did just that.

Warne has 3 in the first session of day 1.

England 3/104

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
yay the score at the end of day 1 is 319/7.....go warne...a real legend...luv him :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Meh, england would be all out for < 300 if MacGill played :/

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
i agree, spin has much more potency this test as demonstrated by warne.
Too true!

7/319 is very good for England although Jones is batting very well and Giles can hold a bat. We can't let them reach 400+ and they would be looking for 450+ but anything past 350 would be bonus from 4/140.

The wicket is amazing so it should not be a problem for Aussie batsmen but then again u never know how well England bowlers are going to go...we'll just wait and see...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
LaCe said:
Too true!

7/319 is very good for England although Jones is batting very well and Giles can hold a bat. We can't let them reach 400+ and they would be looking for 450+ but anything past 350 would be bonus from 4/140.

The wicket is amazing so it should not be a problem for Aussie batsmen but then again u never know how well England bowlers are going to go...we'll just wait and see...
remember australia have to win! australia did good ensuring england didnt get a grand total (considering the pitch), but 300 is good enough for england really, so australia will need to score quickly and against the england attack gonna be difficult but they have 4 matches against them now, no jones and cant see any reason for australia not getting 400+, if they dont consider, hayden,martyn, langer and gilchrsit to be dropped and sent into retirement.

otay

HSC
Predictions anyone?

I say this session hayden will get 65 but be out and langer will be on 57 not out. By the end of the day we will be 1-265 with langer on 110 not out and ponting 78 not out. I predicted one session in the first test to perfection, let's hope i have my magic working again.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
otay said:
Predictions anyone?

I say this session hayden will get 65 but be out and langer will be on 57 not out. By the end of the day we will be 1-265 with langer on 110 not out and ponting 78 not out. I predicted one session in the first test to perfection, let's hope i have my magic working again.
haha your wrong
at the end of the day we were 112/0----langar on 75 and hayden on 35 (i think)---but i guess we couldve got a high score if we kept batting but the lights were screwed...it was too risky...good decision making from langar...:)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
If I were Australia I'd just tonk the shit out of the ball in the first innings. Even if that meant getting all out for 250ish, just do it quick. that way, they'll have more time to bowl England out then use the last day to chase down somethng around 300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)