The Avengers (1 Viewer)

MysteryGenius

HSC
Seriously, the villain (Loki) is one of the least threatening antagonists I've ever seen in a movie, and you thought they would've upped the ante seeing as there were 6 heros this time around
heck yes. i was expecting so much more from him, or to at least feel some sort of resentment towards him. he was too cute to be evil!
i guess it didn't help that i couldn't stop imagining his laugh every time he came on screen eh heh heh heh
They attempted to make all the characters do "Iron man" style quips every time they were on screen, when Robert Downey Jr is the only one who can pull them off and has the only character suited to them
agreed
please change the name to 'iron man and co.' because that's exactly what it was like lol

Edit: Robert Downey Jr was good was well
robert usually annoys the crap out of me, but he turned out to be one of the few people i looked forward to seeing again. i didn't really care about most of them

i enjoyed the movie overall. i mean, there are a few things i would change but who cares really lol

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
okay movie.. but quite overrated. It doesn't deserve the rave reviews it's been getting

Let's be honest. Take away the fancy special effects and the all star cast, replace them with an average cast.. and what do you have left?

not much.

Entertaining, but definitely not a great movie in any way

Everyone has just fallen for all the super powers combined in one

halapenyo

HSC
yeah slightly overrated.

cant wait for TDKR. christopher nolan cant make a bad movie, he just cant. trying to get midnight screening tickets when they come out.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
okay movie.. but quite overrated. It doesn't deserve the rave reviews it's been getting

Let's be honest. Take away the fancy special effects and the all star cast, replace them with an average cast.. and what do you have left?

not much.

Entertaining, but definitely not a great movie in any way

Everyone has just fallen for all the super powers combined in one
Still can't believe it's 37th on iMDB top 250 =/

HSC
N/A
heck yes. i was expecting so much more from him, or to at least feel some sort of resentment towards him. he was too cute to be evil!
i guess it didn't help that i couldn't stop imagining his laugh every time he came on screen eh heh heh heh
Yes!

Loki. <3

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Still can't believe it's 37th on iMDB top 250 =/
Films that do well at the box office often jump into the top 250. The more it's seen the further it'll slide down the list. Dark Knight, Inception and Toy Story 3 are the only ones in the last ten years that have stayed in the top 50.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
its slide down the rankings will be inevitable, once the initial hype and fan boy crap dies down..

I think it'll settle for about 8.2~ on the imdb scale.. when in reality, a score of about 7.7 on imdb would be much more accurate.. and even then i am probably a little generous

For what it's worth, i thought the movie Thor was the only decent one in the franchise. Now that was funny, had a solid story and the chemistry between characters was evident.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)