The Bali Bombers' Execution (1 Viewer)

:::a:::

Un******
HSC
Re: the countdown to the bali bombers' execution - I'm excited!

Graney said:
When I joined bos, way back in 2004, I was a communist, though I didn't really understand what I believed beyond a wikipedia level and certainly couldn't articulately respond to criticisms of my beliefs. I have a huge debt to the bos libertarians, waf, malfoy, yourself, I wonder if I ever would have come to a cohorent political standpoint otherwise.
Shuttttuppp:hammer:
/yourhead.

HSC

bobet said:
PEOPLE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SEE THE EXECUTION AS THEY COULD NOT BE EXECUTED... gods in their country etc.

But in saying that, not the general public here.
Wat

Garygaz

HSC

Death penalty is the only way for these guys. They're already telling others to continue their Jihad, imagine if they were left to live in jail and continue to spread their radical bs for 40 years behind bars because the media in Bali constantly interview them and give them air-time.

FUCK.THEM.UP

I hope the bullets don't kill them at first and they lay there bleeding in horrific pain.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
i think you could argue that who gives a flying fuck. im pretty anti death penalty, but i'd like to see these fuckers roast like marshmellows.
that statement is absolutely meaningless.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

bobet said:
PEOPLE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SEE THE EXECUTION AS THEY COULD NOT BE EXECUTED... gods in their country etc.

But in saying that, not the general public here.
If there's one thing that we need more of, it's savage, bloodthirsty Indonesians. They ought to go back to the rainforest hunting bears and turtles.

Scissors

HSC
i also think executions should be televised. just for the lulz.

Propadanda

HSC
N/A

Graney said:
I think it's a really absurd situation where it's okay for the state to kill and dominate people, but whenever individuals organise and fight for their freedom, even if they're fighting against a tyrranous state, it's considered the worst of crimes.

People happily accept that the state should have all this power and are terrified of individuals who fight against oppression. Madness.

I think the intention of a lot of the anti-terror propaganda is to enforce states power and remove individuals liberty to oppose the state by any means necessary.

By claiming that the rebuking nature of the state towards terrorism is "propaganda" and its purpose is to "remove liberties and opposition of the state"; which "liberties" are being removed in the condemnation of murdering innocent people?

They weren't fighting for freedom, or against oppression, they were purporting their religious faith and themselves oppressing those who they thought were enemies of their doctrine. That's not madness.

I'm not disagreeing with your issue with the government, but you can't purport the acts of terrorists using that argument.

I'm glad the Bali bombers are dying, finally a tiny shred of justice is being served. I felt happy reading today that each bomber gets their own squad of 14 firing officers all to themselves and that they will "aim for the hearts", that's very generous of the Bali government.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

By claiming that the rebuking nature of the state towards terrorism is "propaganda" and its purpose is to "remove liberties and opposition of the state"; which "liberties" are being removed in the condemnation of murdering innocent people?
You miss the point. Terrorism doesn't require murdering of innocents, certainly not if we go by Australia's anti-terror laws. Consider also that murdering one for the sake of preserving 100 lives (as an example) can hardly be considered a bad thing. The liberty being removed is the liberty to stand up to an oppressive government at any and all times as it constitutes terror. It works well for most cases but the very idea of terrorism always being bad is absurd.

They weren't fighting for freedom, or against oppression,
No I'm pretty sure they were! Otherwise they would have flown a plane into the pope. :p

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Na terrorism is always bad. If you approve of their actions for valid reasons, pick another name. Like patriots fighting a revolutionary war of independence against tyranny for peace, liberty and justice

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
Graney said:
Define your terms. Terrorism to me, is a label the state places whenever any non-state based group performs any violent action.

Assasinating political leaders is terrorism. Militias fighting the american military in Iraq are terrorists. Certainly if a U.S. military installation was attacked by a non-state based group, it would be labelled terrorism. All sorts of forms of protest are labelled terrorism. Greenpeace and similar groups have been labelled by some as terrorism, and under the present loose definition it's not an unreasonable label.

If you wish to define terrorism strictly as direct violence against civilians, then that's not something I support.

Terrorism seems to me to be a bullshit term invented by the state to control and suppress any action against the state. Make people hate and fear those who seek to liberate them. It's a hugely emotive and manipulating label, that acts to obscure the real, moral and dignified ideals some "terrorist" groups may hold.
Mmm yes, indeed, the government sure did a great job of making me hate those lovely, good-intentioned freedom fighters. If it wasn't for the government's constant propaganda, "These men detonated bombs in Bali to wage a holy war against those who do not believe in their choice of life, subsequently murdering 202 innocent people," I think I'd probs sympathise with them. All they really wanted was my - and the people in that restaurant's - liberation! It's so clear now, thanks! I mean because we all have to liberated from our Non-Islamist worldviews, they have to show us the right way, thank god for people like those three.

Terrorism IS a bullshit term. Thank you! The government shouldn't label these men as "terrorists", there should be some other label - sorry, propaganda - which encapsulates the goals of the men, where they try to incite fear and terror in the hearts of people because of their beliefs in an invisible God. Oh wait...

Propadanda

HSC
N/A

Nebuchanezzar said:
You miss the point. Terrorism doesn't require murdering of innocents, certainly not if we go by Australia's anti-terror laws. Consider also that murdering one for the sake of preserving 100 lives (as an example) can hardly be considered a bad thing. The liberty being removed is the liberty to stand up to an oppressive government at any and all times as it constitutes terror. It works well for most cases but the very idea of terrorism always being bad is absurd.

No I'm pretty sure they were! Otherwise they would have flown a plane into the pope. :p
I'm talking about the Bali bombers, kinda seeing as that is what the thread is about.

Freedom from what? How is/was Islam oppressed in Bali? I'm quite certain there is a freedom of religion in that country, so what did these [to quote Graney] "liberators" need to "fight" against, to achieve freedom? They had religious freedom. That wasn't the motive, they only wanted to murder those that opposed their doctrine.

"The Punishment for those who oppose Allah and his messenger is : Execution or Crucifixion or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides or exile from the land"

And I'm not just quoting that to start an argument, I am well aware that there are similar passages in the Bible and that the vast, vast majority of Muslims understand phrases such as this contextually, and reserve that punishment for Allah, or something like that, but this is something I can see a terrorist justifying their actions through.

Oh and this is the definition of a terrorist according the FBI, "Terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

philxe

HSC
just get it over and done with, i am surprised it has taken so long for the death penalty.

any one who murder so many innocent people deserve a cap up their a**

btw, what will be their method of death? hopefully not lethal injection, make them suffer

Miffstaa

HSC
philxe said:
just get it over and done with, i am surprised it has taken so long for the death penalty.

any one who murder so many innocent people deserve a cap up their a**

btw, what will be their method of death? hopefully not lethal injection, make them suffer
firing squad.
i think theyve chosen the executers already?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'm talking about the Bali bombers, kinda seeing as that is what the thread is about.
Well the people you were replying to weren't, hsc.

And like I pretty clearly said, take it on a case by case basis. I don't think there was much justification in what the Bali bombers did. What about Al Qaeda? My knowledge about Al Qaeda is pretty limited, but supposing that they were fighting Western oppression (And I'm pretty sure that came into it), I think there's grounds for justifying their anger.

That's what I was saying, hsc.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Excellent.

Very Good

10/10.

Amazing.

When is the exact date ?

HSC
People in this thread clamouring for the blood and deaths of these people are no better than the terrorists themselves.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
THey're hardly innocent though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)