• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Best R&B/Rap/Hip-Hop for 2006 (2 Viewers)

7th Sign

HSC
dillian you got no idea man their are heaps of rapper who talk real in the game.

Usually just the pop rap shit makes it to australia the likes of mike jones/ 50 cent/ gucci man...all they talk about is "candy paint" "bitches" "money" if you open up your eyes and clean out your ears you will realise their is a shit load of tallent in the usa.

As for aussie "hip hop" their are a few decent acts but on a bigger level their not that great.

dillian

HSC
7th Sign said:
dillian you got no idea man their are heaps of rapper who talk real in the game.

Usually just the pop rap shit makes it to australia the likes of mike jones/ 50 cent/ gucci man...all they talk about is "candy paint" "bitches" "money" if you open up your eyes and clean out your ears you will realise their is a shit load of tallent in the usa.

As for aussie "hip hop" their are a few decent acts but on a bigger level their not that great.
yeh mate, apathy and celph titled are good from the usa, but you listen to 50 cent your gay, go slit ure wrists u fag.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
if people listen to 50 cent and admit that its pop rap teenybopper shit then im cool with it. If they market it as hip hop then its shit because it gets misrepresented by some mumbling fag.

Pilgrim

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
if people listen to 50 cent and admit that its pop rap teenybopper shit then im cool with it. If they market it as hip hop then its shit because it gets misrepresented by some mumbling fag.
nobody will admit that they listen to mainstream queen shit. but honestly you got your views mixed.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
people proudly admit that they listen to it they just have limited knowledge of what hip hop music is so they don't know that it is 'queen shit.' I don't usually listen to 50 cent at all because i think he has no skills whatsoever, but i do listen to some pop rap (eg, nellys first album, T.I's mainstream songs, LL Cool J's post-mamma said knock you out stuff).

You market something wrong, and it is going to get misrepresented, what's so mixed about that?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
01. King Back 4:38 (prod by just blaze
02. Front Back (Featuring UGK) 3:43 (prod by mannie fresh)
03. What You Know 4:08 (prod by dj toomp)
04. I'm Talkin' To You 5:06
05. Live In The Sky (Featuring Jamie Foxx) 5:46
06. Ride Wit Me 4:05 (prod by dj toomp)
07. The Breakup 1:57
08. Why You Wanna 3:50 (prod by khao)
09. Get It (prod by swizz beatz)
10. Top Back 4:42
11. I'm Straight (Featuring BG and Young Jeezy) 6:36
12. Undertaker (Featuring Young Buck and Young Dro) 4:13 (prod by khao)
13. Stand Up Guy 3:02 (prod by either cool & dre, scott storch or khao)
14. You Know Who 2:54
15. Goodlife (Featuring Pharrell and Common) 4:28 (prod by kanye west and neptunes)
16. Hello (Featuring Governor) 3:35 (prod by khao)
17. Told You So 4:23 (prod by dj toomp)
18. Bankhead (Featuring P$C and Young Dro) 4:26

T.I - KING coming soon

further rumoured guests: jay-z, travis barker (from blink 182).

further rumoured producers: rick rubin (confirmed), DJ paul & juicy J

Last edited:

dillian

HSC
why are you posting all these songs, i dont think anyone really cares, talk about some decent hip hop.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
read the title of the thread.

so talk about some decent hip hop? what like hilltop hoods? they arent that good dude, they are relatively good because most aussie hip hop is shit. (and no dont come in here saying 'lolz omg that means ur tryna be american lolz,' just face it, if aussie hip hop was mostly good, i'd like it, but it's not and only a minority impresses me and they don't make enough moves to continually talk about them.

when the time comes for mos def to bring out a new album then ill post it here, but right now, im anticipating the new T.I, ghostface and LL albums coming out soon.

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
<3 Mos Def.

At the Kweli concert, the MC was saying there was going to be a special guest (Supernatural!), but didn't say who. I yelled out Mos Def, and he goes nah nah. :(
But Supernat killed it so so hard.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
read the title of the thread.

so talk about some decent hip hop? what like hilltop hoods? they arent that good dude, they are relatively good because most aussie hip hop is shit. (and no dont come in here saying 'lolz omg that means ur tryna be american lolz,' just face it, if aussie hip hop was mostly good, i'd like it, but it's not and only a minority impresses me and they don't make enough moves to continually talk about them.

when the time comes for mos def to bring out a new album then ill post it here, but right now, im anticipating the new T.I, ghostface and LL albums coming out soon.
hilltop hoods>>>>T.I.P

haha 4 real the south sucks...minus scarface

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
UGK, kingpin skinny pimp, 8ball and mjg, geto boys, outkast, goodie mobb, B.G, juvenile?

T.I is one of the best mainstream artists right now, and he still making good southern hip hop tracks (eg 'get up out' 'drug related')

meaningful songs:

still aint forgave myself,
doin my job,
i still luv you,
praying for help,
live in the sky,
T.I VS T.I.P (not many rappers make a song analysing themselves by using two parts of their personality having a discussion with one another, criticising each other),
be better than me (i dont think many rappers spread positive messages like this)

anthems:

24s,
u dont know me,
what they do
where you at wit it
im straight
stand up,
dope boyz,
my air forces,
look what i got,
heavy chevys,
front back and side to side,
what you know,
ride with me,
dip slide ride out,
in da A,
rubberband man,
yo neck & back,
right now
i told you so
battlegrounds
bezzle,
trap muzik,
im a king remix
ASAP,
motivation,
count down,
im serious remix,
the greatest.

smooth songs:

lets get away,
i chooz u,
chillin with my bitch,
let me tell you something,
why you wanna
i cant be your man,
whats yo name,
queen for a day
hotel,
my life.

lyrical songs:

no more talk,
im serious,
be easy,
i cant quit,
tha king,
grand royale,
drug related,
king of da south,
you aint hard,
jackin for beats 2001 and 2004,
like dis here

party songs:

bring em out,
do it,
hands up,
get ya shit together,
stand up guy,
fresh,
at the bar,
bounce like this

story-telling songs:

what happened,
long live da game.
still aint forgave myself
live in the sky
i still luv you

killer guest apperances:

dem boyz remix,
indiscretions in the back of the limo,
3 kingz,
round here,
look at the grillz
never scared
re-akshon,
roll call

very good diss tracks:

keep talkin
99 problems
easy to scare

list goes on

Last edited:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
UGK, kingpin skinny pimp, 8ball and mjg, geto boys, outkast, goodie mobb, B.G, juvenile?

T.I is one of the best mainstream artists right now, and he still making good southern hip hop tracks (eg 'get up out' 'drug related')

meaningful songs:

still aint forgave myself,
doin my job,
i still luv you,
praying for help,
live in the sky,
T.I VS T.I.P (not many rappers make a song analysing themselves by using two parts of their personality having a discussion with one another, criticising each other),
be better than me (i dont think many rappers spread positive messages like this)

anthems:

24s,
u dont know me,
what they do
where you at wit it
im straight
stand up,
dope boyz,
my air forces,
look what i got,
heavy chevys,
front back and side to side,
what you know,
ride with me,
dip slide ride out,
in da A,
rubberband man,
yo neck & back,
right now
i told you so
battlegrounds
bezzle,
trap muzik,
im a king remix
ASAP,
motivation,
count down,
im serious remix,
the greatest.

smooth songs:

lets get away,
i chooz u,
chillin with my bitch,
let me tell you something,
why you wanna
i cant be your man,
whats yo name,
queen for a day
hotel,
my life.

lyrical songs:

no more talk,
im serious,
be easy,
i cant quit,
tha king,
grand royale,
drug related,
king of da south,
you aint hard,
jackin for beats 2001 and 2004,
like dis here

party songs:

bring em out,
do it,
hands up,
get ya shit together,
stand up guy,
fresh,
at the bar,
bounce like this

story-telling songs:

what happened,
long live da game.
still aint forgave myself
live in the sky
i still luv you

killer guest apperances:

dem boyz remix,
indiscretions in the back of the limo,
3 kingz,
round here,
look at the grillz
never scared
re-akshon,
roll call

very good diss tracks:

keep talkin
99 problems
easy to scare

list goes on
yeah but you love TIP...haha....want me to put every scarface song into a category...adn hilltop hoods>>>>the sth because theyre more lyrical than most sth artists....a perfect eg. is rick ross....god that guy is wack...but scarface is ill because he isnt wack...master P is allright rapper but he is pretty wack...and by wack i mean simplistic...thats why i never put 2pac in my top10 because he was too simplistic

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
'rick ross is a perfect example' wtf no he isnt a 'perfect' example he is just an example. South has lyricists dude believe it or not don't be clouded by a misconception that 'east coast hip hop' is the central form of hip hop, but i admit it doesnt help that you have all these 'laffy taffy' and 'oh i think they like me' faggots coming out of the south, now i like some of that shit but i classify it as either pop or crunk. Little brother comes to mind, big pooh and phonte are great rappers, K-Rino has lyrics, scarface, outkast...i already mentioned these dudes...and T.I.

HSC
fishscale leaked. hot shit, especially 'nine milli brothers' (produced by mf doom and featuring the wu, including ODB)

though the track 'charlie brown' isn't on here anymore, which is a shame, because it's a killer

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yeh i wish he would have put 'blow his head off' with busta instead of 'whip you with a strap' for some reason i really don't like the sample.

fav track so far is prob R.A.G.U

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
supra you dl the webrip of 'KING'???

i did but ive listened to all but 3 songs becuase im saving those for when the retail rips, HMV will be real slow so im gonna buy the CD/DVD from ebay too supposed to have 'drive slow remix' on it :D

sounds to me like tip got another borderline southern classic on his hands, trap muzik remains his best album, so far, but KING didnt dissapoint :D

2 of the best albums (so far) of the year leaking around the same time as each other (fishscale and KING) = :D

they better hurry and get the retail ripped

'you know who' with a rock kind of beat and TRAVIS BARKER on the drums is *eyes-popping out of head icon*

i havent listened to 'top back' 'bankhead' or 'undertaker' yet

i fkn love 'im straight' sounds like its gonna be a classic southern track.

heard 'top back' is like 24's part II and one of the best beats on the album

'why you wanna' will be the next single, very mainstreamish record but its still cool, its like 'lets get away'

why you wanna go and do that that that that

just blaze gives T.I some of the fkn most awesome beats, 'king back' samples kinda like the exorcist theme song and the intro is like 'what more can i say' from black album.

and 'im talkin to you' T.I sounds real fired up on that, and he does a rapid-fire fast flow near the end that sounds fucking awesome.

oh and 'goodlife' with common and pharrel is a relaxing type song, and both of them have some nice verses :D

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick! Whoop That Trick!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)