• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Best R&B/Rap/Hip-Hop for 2006 (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
whats that chick song that, ppl play on there cars?

i dunno wats it called, something casey - me and you???

:S

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
theone123 said:
whats that chick song that, ppl play on there cars?

i dunno wats it called, something casey - me and you???

:S
cassie - me and you
irritating song...please dont be yet another person who pumps it...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Kanye on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope its good. :D

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
DigitalFortress said:
My kanye isn't till april 2nd :(
Thats because you got the Operah House tickets you bastard.

Elko

HSC
Kanye is over-rated..A real producer that is back in the game is DJ Quik. Although his lyrics arent the same as Kanye West's, but on a porduction level, DJ Quik is a master at all types urban beats.

Although i did like College Dropout alot.

Elko

HSC
T.I.'s new leaked album is good but not as good as Trap Muzik, after that, Urban Legend, and Im Serious was just..horrible. But i dig T.I. The only one from the South i got love and respect for. I wanna see that movie ATL his in as well, anyone know when that will be showing in Australia? It is now showing in cinemas in the states now.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
you kidding? im serious is his 2nd best album, a few too many attempts at club songs but some real nice songs, 'dope boyz' 'im serious' 'hotel' 'grand royal' 'i cant be your man' and probably one of the best songs to come out of the south since OutKast in their prime....'still aint forgave myself.' also 'you aint hard' and a grea storytelling track 'what happened.' 'whats yo name' was good for a pop record too.

1. trap muzik
2. im serious
3. KING
4. urban legend

hustle and flow like just came out in aus a few weeks ago...so i think they'll get ATL late too. though i can download it now if i want to but its not that good quality.

also have you got the retail of KING, because alot of people think the advance, which leaked last year with discarded songs which were meant to be on KING, is the retail.

the first song on the retail is 'king back'

first song on the advance, varies from 'we pimpin' to 'drug related' (real nice song too)

Elko

HSC
thats all good, its your opinion. but if ur wondering why i say Im Serious was one of the worst was because of the beats. and the way he rapped was too hard. too much of his 'yeah ah yeah yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah' haha although i think it sounds crazy when he says it but that album just over filled our ears with that shit. along with that 'aaaaaaaaye!' shit..loll..s'all good..

i dont know why urban legend is better than im serious, but it sounds more commercial and the lyrics arent his best but its something that dserves alot of play in the clubs and shit.

as for ustle and flow, Im A King was prolly one of my fav tracks with T.I.! And the remix with The Game on one of Game's mixtapes, is a killer too. But other than 'BETTER THAN ME', 'LOOK WHAT I GOT', ' I STILL LUV YOU' and a few other favs of mine, 'I'm A King' is the craziest.

About T.I.'s album leaking. I could swear to God that i had it MONTHS ago! But the songs were really really bad quality and they said it was straight from the studio. Whichi s why i deleted it, after that, a few months later (now) i see its out for download and the tracks i have now are completely different to the ones that were on the studio version.

About the movies? Well, we'll just wait and see. Hopefully it even gets released here, im suprised John Howard let Hustle N Flow, get rich or die tryin and 8 mile screen here. But aye, atm im download a Bonus DVD CD of T.I. thats on the King album. Cant wait to check it out.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Elko said:
About T.I.'s album leaking. I could swear to God that i had it MONTHS ago! But the songs were really really bad quality and they said it was straight from the studio. Whichi s why i deleted it, after that, a few months later (now) i see its out for download and the tracks i have now are completely different to the ones that were on the studio version.

About the movies? Well, we'll just wait and see. Hopefully it even gets released here, im suprised John Howard let Hustle N Flow, get rich or die tryin and 8 mile screen here. But aye, atm im download a Bonus DVD CD of T.I. thats on the King album. Cant wait to check it out.

yeh that was the advance, like 4 of those songs made it onto KING, the others were just extras for the fans....T.I even realised it leaked so he made a mixtape of them called 'the leak' which was good, not as good as down with the king ;).

yeah you have the retail actual album now...i got that get it get it i got that get it when you neeeeeeed it.

ATL got good reviews, averaging 3/5....T.I got praised for his acting and 'effortless charisma' so im looking forward to seeing it. The movie even got a 'fresh' rating on rottentomatoes.com, and if your a regular to that site you'd know that most movies never even make it past 40% not even the big blockbusters, very harsh critics on there...atl got 63%

Elko

HSC
woah! 63%? i think im gona download it, stuff waiting for it..last time i saw T.I. was in the Front Back video with UGK and Pimp C and that What You Know clip.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Don't know if this qualifies seeing as I have next to zero knowledge of this genre, The Herd's cover of Only 19 is a pretty awesome track

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Elko said:
woah! 63%? i think im gona download it, stuff waiting for it..last time i saw T.I. was in the Front Back video with UGK and Pimp C and that What You Know clip.

T.I - KING w/bonus DVD just arrived in airmail :D fastest ebay transaction ever.

T.I - KING sold 531, 797 copies in its first week WOAH didn't expect him to do that much...gold in first week..nice. Trap muzik deserved it more though.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha you lot should check out the 70s thread, bunch of ignorant kids hating on rnb/rap and calling it no-musicianship :(

Elko

HSC
music comes in many forms and styles so that everyone can favour whatever they show their interest in. i respect all genres.

otay

HSC
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
Bliss N Eso - Then Til Now
Move.meant - Good Money
Move.meant - Just Begun
Ghostface Killah - The Champ
Gnarls Barkley - Smiley Faces
Butterfingers - Get Up Outta the dirt
Roots Manuva - Things We Do
Pharoahe Monch - When The Gun Draws

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)