The Biggest Loser (1 Viewer)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Why did Bob have to go back overseas this week?

I want Andro or whatever his name is to win.

I never thought that the show will do so well considering its aired everyday but its actually good as daily motivation and you really do see the difference as the show progresses.

Last edited:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
Why did Bob have to go back overseas this week?

I want Andro or whatever his name is to win.

I never thought that the show will do so well considering its aired everyday but its actually good as daily motivation and you really do see the difference as the show progresses.
Bob had to go back home because his mother passed away suddenly from a heart attack.
He will be back in 3 days.

dora_18

HSC
monday to be exact...im looking forward to it...lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
I LOVE THIS SHOW!

its the only show I watch consistently (except thursdays coz im at uni). I also watch Lost and O.C but i usually wait until they come out in DVD box sets so i can watch them all in one go...

watching tv is a waste of time. So i tend to just get addicted to one show a semester.. This sem it's biggest loser... and next semester it'll be australian idol

dora_18

HSC
yeah...im slightly addicted as well..i like the adds for the show as well..especialy the ones that were aired over the weekend for tomorrow elimination..esp. the part when bob goes "oh-my-god i cant believe it"..hes so cute...anyway i have a friend whos father is a director on the show..so i know who stays and who goes..well i know ONE person..i didnt want to spoil the series for myself completely so im just like "ok tell me ONE person" lol

Jiga

no you're righ miss m, even all the articles in like TV week etc say that, and apparently jillian is getting really shitted off, because to her its like an insult, i mean they have two of the best freaking trainers in the world and all they do is bitch about each other and dont do any work!!....like in "who" magazine theres an article and bob and jillian say that they read their food journals and theyre like " we look in their food journals and we're like no hang on i didnt tell u to eat that" to which they reply "oh really...what am i supposed to eat again" like it pisses me off!!!! why are they there!?...so many pple would freaking kill for that opportunity..and i HATE that wal guy...i hope they see what mind games hes plaing and freaking vote him off....he thinks theyre not going to vote him off bcuz he lost the most weight..but stuff that..he needs to go!!the american one is SO different..they all support each other and no1's bitchy and yeah...theyre giving Australia a bad name lol....im really looking forward to tomorrow night...we finally find out where the hell Bob is going....
I like the show, but personally I think they are running to a script. There have been things Ive heard that just sound like this is the case (especially in those little interviews they always show). They also seem alittle to social for people who have more than likely been outcats for 90% of their life AND one of the really big chiks has some skinny and by the looks of it non-ugly boyfriend... no offence people but I find that VERY hard to believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

dora_18

HSC
erm..i dont...and theres no one thats the wife or husband of someone thats great looking..the prettiest chick fiona hasnt got a bf and said that she got rejected and he said to her"you're too fat to go out with"(so that kinda goes against your theory)...and even if there ARE people who have resonably good looking bf's/gf's/husbands whatever..id like to think that people arent that shallow...they cant just pretend to have families and watch dvd's of random events and get all emotional over them..however say that was true..are you trying to tell me that when people send dvd's they pretend to be the contestants family..and then what? u see them go home and coincidently the same people are at their house pretending to be their mums and dads and bf's? my god..thats a bit lame!!!!...and yes only selected things are aired..but thats the whole idea...u cant put an entire days worth of events into 30mins!!!and as for that comment of "being outcasts for 90% of their life"./and appearing a little too social...god you really dont have a clue do you! now you're saying only thin and pretty people are social? well if that was the case...Australia and the USA should be going down! because last time i checked theres a pretty high obesity rate occuring!!no offence to you...but i think you may be just SLIGHTLY wrong...

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
nicely put dora... and for the record, i think the above poster was referring to Cat, the largest of the women who was voted out last monday - her partner is quite a small man, and i would guess that he is not at all shallow like some people. And as a big person myself, i have to say im very social, funnily enough most of us "outcasts" get over the crap we cop from losers in high school. There are far fewer jack-arses in the real world than there are in school, and happy lives are not impossible.

Jiga

Well we are not talking about a slightly over weight person here, shes hyper-obese and weights like 160kg..... I honestly find it hard to believe that a skinny dude would be attracted to that!

they cant just pretend to have families and watch dvd's of random events and get all emotional over them
Its called acting ;)

Another example although it could just be a co-incidence but still was yesterday when out of all of the people Wall got the short straw.... like straight away I knew that would happen.

dora_18

HSC
well believe it! omg..how would the advertising for that section of the show go anyway- "WANTED:eek:ver-emotional people to star as family for morbidly obese people on Australias no.1 weigh-loss show"???..theres clearly no point in me tryingt to prove myself right because nothing seems to get through to you...all i can say is you're seriously deranged and if you cant see past someones physical appearence...well then i suggest you lie low before one day someone comments on your own physical appearance, put yourself in their shoes...your overweight due to whatever reason and you have someone saying "OMG how can that chick go out with someone like that,hes so freaking fat!!!" -would you feel good? i dont think so.....and then to top i off, you have people from the public saying "oh no..this must all be an act, theres NO WAY someone that fat could have someone that likes them"
why do yo watch the show anyway? to preform critical analysis in your spare time?

fearless86

HSC
i think its completely understandable why someone would get the impression that all fat people must be social outcasts, given the way fat people are presented on tv in our society. I.e. unless you are skinny and rich (eg Mischa Barton) you do not exist.
apart from Deborah Mailman, i struggle to think of any decent actress who is overweight.

Obviously its untrue, but the fact is that tv gives off the message that all fat people are crap, so its good that we have shows like the Biggest Loser, that at least have some element of reality to them. Its so important to show that overweight people exist, and they have personalities, and there's a lot more to these people than just the fact that they're overweight. sure, some of them are bloody annoying like Cat, but then there's Adro who is gorgeous. but i can completely understand why someone would be confused by the idea that fat people might have hot partners. its not something you'd see too often on tv or anywhere else.

in conclusion- fiona is one of the hottest chicks on tv atm. ooh baby, i would so go her, who cares if she weighs 100kg?

dora_18

HSC
theres one thing that people fail to understand....these people arent on a reality tv show where they become on hollywoods A-list..theyre there to lose weight and in turn just happen to be on tv inspiring people along the way, they didnt go on there to become famous....yes i agree with the hollywood crap that you have to be a size 6 to be good..but when you acctualy sit down and think about it there are many more celebrities who are just at a healthy weight and maintain it as apose to anorexic freaks like nicole richie and those other teeny skank idiots. when you say "i stuggle to think of any decent actress who is overweight" i think many people are forgetting that BEING overweight IS a problem...of course theres a difference with being slightly overweight and being morbidly obese...

and...theres no way someone can be "confused" about who is hot and who is not and what kind of partner they have...like come on!! we're not completely stupid..just because you dont see it on TV that doesnt mean it doesnt exist in real life...can you honestly tell me that everyone that you know who is in a relationship is drop-dead gorgeous?the other guy wasnt being confused he was just plain rude! and yes...fiona is very pretty..a bit naive..but nevertheless pretty :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
apart from Deborah Mailman, i struggle to think of any decent actress who is overweight.
Magda Szubanski!!! (or however the hell it is spelt..)

As for the show, I think good on them! It can't be easy going on there knowing that 20 million people will be watching you sweat it out, seeing all your wobbly bits in a lycra crop-top, all that...its a big call, and well done for them doing something that will forever change their lives.

Jiga

well believe it! omg..how would the advertising for that section of the show go anyway- "WANTEDver-emotional people to star as family for morbidly obese people on Australias no.1 weigh-loss show"???..theres clearly no point in me tryingt to prove myself right because nothing seems to get through to you...all i can say is you're seriously deranged and if you cant see past someones physical appearence...
I think Ive hit a nerve, calm down before you burst a blood vessel! In any case though, I think its quite plausible that it runs to a script.. and calling me deranged etc for saying that it might be an act is qutie childish, it doesnt mean Im taking anything away from the weight loss of those people, they still have to do that... but the whole teams thing, players changing over, maybe even who gets voted out and who wins each challenge etc I think is scripted!

well then i suggest you lie low before one day someone comments on your own physical appearance, put yourself in their shoes...your overweight due to whatever reason and you have someone saying "OMG how can that chick go out with someone like that,hes so freaking fat!!!" -would you feel good?
Well for starters I wouldnt knock someone in front of their face for being fat, thats slack, and in general I dont do it at all and many of my friends do... so dont portray me as some anti-social person who goes up to overweight people knokcing the shit out of them! BUT my appearance isnt perfect but Im not 150kgs which is just crazy... but you dont have to run straight to their defence over this issue. And as for me being fat, lol, I highly doubt, I excercise quite frequently..... those people on the biggest loser dont and ate any crap food... thats why all of a sudden with some excerice and a diet some lose 20kg in no time. My brother is also on a diet and has lost like 10kg in 3 weeks.... why? Because with all respect the lazy farker didnt excercise and didnt eat right! You dont get hyper-obese because your eating right and excercising, yes it might be partially because their metabolism isnt the best.... but for the most part its because they dont give a shyte, dont excericse at all, and eat to their hearts content. They dig their own grave in other words as harsh at that sounds (Also note, we are talking about 150kg + woman here, its not some chik thats like 20kg or so over weight!)

and then to top i off, you have people from the public saying "oh no..this must all be an act, theres NO WAY someone that fat could have someone that likes them"
I was saying what Im sure ALOT of people think...... it would be EXTREMELY difficult for any person to be physically attracted to a woman who is 3x the normal weight and is like double their own size........sorry but thats reality ladies! Friends yes, but partners....

why do yo watch the show anyway? to preform critical analysis in your spare time?
Like I said, I think its all an act, but the weight loss isnt... they still have to put hard work in and I like that aspect of it and watching people achieve their goals.

i think its completely understandable why someone would get the impression that all fat people must be social outcasts, given the way fat people are presented on tv in our society. I.e. unless you are skinny and rich (eg Mischa Barton) you do not exist.
It was a stupid comment I made and maybe it was alittle mis-worded, but it is true in many cases that those sized woman feel uncomofortable in public... thats what i really meant to say!!!!!!

dora_18

HSC
it looks like you're the one whos going to burst a blood vessel..

dora_18

HSC
it wasnt a personal attack, i was expressing my opinion and the facts that surround the show....just because you cant see youre wrong doesnt mean you arent...

salsydney

HSC
calm down kids... all ive got to say is, HOW CLASSIC WAS TONIGHT'S EPISODE...

wah wah wah, i feel so violated... oh no, what if someone read artie's journal... YEAH coz ppl want to read a grown man's journal??? bahahhaha

fearless86

HSC
i missed tonight's but i thought last night's was pretty gold- all that crying and bitch fighting.

bloody blue team- they're such a bunch of emotional train wrecks. even my gorgeous Fiona! for goodness sake, its not the end of the world if someone touches youre stuff- just get over it! (and then allow me to touch you in many erotic places)

anyway, i reckon that sorta says it all- the way they got all emotional about really petty stuff. I reckon most fat people arent overweight cos they're lazy, but more cos they have trouble keeping their emotions under control so they use food as a form of comfort, even though it only makes them fatter and makes the problem much worse. A few years ago i was verging on obese, and it wasnt cos i was lazy- but just cos i was depressed about being gay and wasnt motivated to look after myself properly. i reckon most eating disorders are just reflections of being troubled emotionally.

dora_18

HSC
i reckon gay people are freaking awesome! so go you for being gay! lol....anyway the last couple of episodes have been so funny...and as for artie having that journal-well that just made me die from laughter...although i think artie has a thing for bob because they both seem gay...and acctualy who wouldnt have a thing for him, hes absolutely gorgous...anyway...so maybe he wrote about his sexual desires:p....haha thatd be funny if it got out..i cant believe 42 yr-old men keep journals...looking forward to tonight episode though, i wonder how these pairs will turn out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)