The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

-Anfernee-

HSC
Re: Coles Checkouts!!

Just a tip to the OP.

Please be more efficient when scanning things through cos I hate waiting in line.

Thanks.

greekgun

HSC

-Anfernee- said:
Just a tip to the OP.

Please be more efficient when scanning things through cos I hate waiting in line.

Thanks.
Yeah well sometimes its hard to be efficent when ur brand new...and some times its hard to be efficent when a customer puts things on the belt like an ass (they will have a whole bunch of meat products at the back....and similar ones at the back) and when they take forever to get there change out, get there fly byes out, get there eftpos out or even to decide how much cash out they want. Had some bitch change how much cash out she wanted 4 times...and each time she asked she waited for the eftpos card to be swiped so i had to cancell and swipe again. So just keep in mind that we can only be efficent if our customers are allowing us to.

born2b

HSC
Got offered for coles at penrith- far from the station for me - didnt know when i applied the boss was saying that dont worry i will give you the job - after looking at my resume coz i worked at woolies...

i actually applied online then when the boss asked me to come for an interview i backed out and said no sorry too far she was like oh thats a shame.. now i think wtf should have taken that job!!!

meh, stuff will come up...

CieL

HSC
You should of taken it, waste their money with the online induction, then ask for a transfer.

CieL

HSC

fatman55 said:
I'm still a bit puzzled on how to enter fresh produce items, i.e. items without a barcode into the system.

Also, do u swipe the flybuys in the eftpos thing or do you scan it with the barcode scanner?
Like greekgun has mentioned, most popular fresh produce have a sticker on them. On that sticker, there is a [usually] four digit code.
eg. Lemons - 6462
Navel Oranges - 6470
Granny Smiths - 4139 , etc......

What you do is you just put the items on the scale in front of you, type in the code, then press ENTER.

If the produce doesn't have a sticker, and you aren't sure or don't know what the item is called, it doesn't hurt to ask the customer the name of the item.
eg. I had no idea what a squash, silverbeet, swede, parsnip, etc were when I first started since I don't eat that shit..

Once you have the name of the item, look at the toolbar on the right hand side.. I think the 4th button down is "fresh produce" -> "Alpha search" [2nd button down on the right] -> *type in first few letters, it's a QWERTY keyboard* -> "Search"
Then you will see a whole display of available items as pictures with the name on top. Press the picture and it will automatically weigh the items.

Also keep in mind that the picture also has a little number in a top corner. That number is helpful in the long run as you can just enter those numbers [followed by ENTER] instead of searching each thing up all the time..
1 = banana
2 = field tomatoes
3 = wash potatoes
6 = carrots; etc.. all the way to the 5 digit numbers

Flybuys.. you can do either..
If I'm really busy and the customer has their FBs in their hand waiting for me to beep it, I just tell them, "You can swipe your FBs like a credit card".. it saves a few seconds, because I'm a speed freak..

And also, if a dumbass customer presents their FBs AFTER you complete the transaction and is printing the receipt.. and they insist on getting their stupid points, you'll need to call the supervisor/2IC/manager to add FBs to the transaction.

EDIT: Btw, there's a COLES THREAD stickied at the top.. it's quite lonely..

G

Gavvvvvin

born2b said:
Got offered for coles at penrith- far from the station for me - didnt know when i applied the boss was saying that dont worry i will give you the job - after looking at my resume coz i worked at woolies...

i actually applied online then when the boss asked me to come for an interview i backed out and said no sorry too far she was like oh thats a shame.. now i think wtf should have taken that job!!!

meh, stuff will come up...
what its a 5 minute walk from the station

born2b

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
what its a 5 minute walk from the station
ohh f***k your kidding?

i read on where is its about a 20 minute walk..

omg ... i am sooo argghhh pissed off now bloody hell could have had a job

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Google Maps would be a good start

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
born2b said:
ohh f***k your kidding?

i read on where is its about a 20 minute walk..

omg ... i am sooo argghhh pissed off now bloody hell could have had a job
20 minute walk isnt even that far.

A normal person walking a decent pace could do such a distance in under 10 minutes usually. They account for old people and how useless they are.

CieL

HSC
milocole said:
Im actually the fastest and best casual............

..............and hence getting back to the roster off 1shift a month instead of 1 per fortnight.
Fastest and best and you only got one shift a fortnight?
What do the others get? One shift in 3 months?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
The others are just o "Call", so when I am unavailble , they bring them in. Its all about budgets in our store, in which isn't making much $$$, so they just kill us all

blakegman

HSC
N/A
How do you determine you are the best casual ?

Under what criteria.

greekgun

HSC
blakegman said:

Under what criteria.
Dunno...i guess how flexible u are, and if u say yes to most or all shifts.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
or when somebody tells you, or when the others take double the amount of time to do a rollcage

CieL

HSC
blakegman said:

Under what criteria.
Time, speed, accuracy.
How often you turn up to the shifts you're assigned, and not be late.
How often you stick to your job instead of doing something else.
Ability to finish what is asked if you in a set time period.
How initiative you are.
How interested you are.. etc..

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Coles: am i fired?

hi guys, anyways i got a call from my manager today that i am suspended and all my shift are cancelled and that i have an interview with 'loss prevention'. My mate told me that last week loss prevention came in and started looking at files and possibly security cameras. Manager told me its related to fly-buys, i have been using my fly-buys and discount card for many customers, friends etc etc. Anyways i know that im going to get sacked, does anyone know how long coles keep security tapes before they are deleted and overwritten. Also anyone have any tips as wat i should tell the guy? i have a good reputation from the store as a good and hard worker.

i really wouldnt care loss if i get fired, its just it took me a while to get the job and ive been here for almost a year, also i need the money for uni, anyways.

any help much appreciated.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
Re: Coles: am i fired?

YAY I WORK AT COLES TOO

lol dude
did you not see the information videos where they said you can't use your own fly buys card? i don't remember anything about penalties or whatevs. but they obviously seem to be taking it seriously.

howdid you manage anyway? did you just swipe your own card?

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Re: Coles: am i fired?

Hold on! So when a customer made a purchase, you swiped your own fly buys card?!?!

Man, that is genius. How many points do you have?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC

CieL said:
And also, if a dumbass customer presents their FBs AFTER you complete the transaction and is printing the receipt.. and they insist on getting their stupid points, you'll need to call the supervisor/2IC/manager to add FBs to the transaction.
lols
i always just say yeh i've scanned it through when i so clearly haven't
they believe me. always.

what effort honestly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)