The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
naw coles.
i want to leave..!!

but it's such a reliable job. like it's just so easy.
but isn't anyone else sick of old people or dirty old men?

i want to get into retail but apparently pay is shit.. if i left coles and got another job and didn't really like it, do you think coles would have me back?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Re: Coles: am i fired?

housah0lic said:
YAY I WORK AT COLES TOO

lol dude
did you not see the information videos where they said you can't use your own fly buys card?
yeh i did u geek!

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC

Wassup? said:
Hold on! So when a customer made a purchase, you swiped your own fly buys card?!?!

Man, that is genius. How many points do you have?
i did it about 4 times, when my neighbour came in and he bought 1000 snicker bars and i have like 2 very loyal loving customers that let me.

Last edited:

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC

This is Awesome!, lol

How many flights per day could you acrew? hahahahahahaha

greekgun

HSC

Shit, it sounds serious if they full on suspended u and want to talk to u. If ur with SDA give them a ring and tell them to send u down a representative. Im pretty sure coles keep there videos for 6 months and then put them into archive for a whole bunch of years.

Anyways they may not fire u, who knows what they will do. When i was first starting out, i was put on express by myself (who was the smart shift mangaer who came up with that idea) and the cue was huge and i was slow as. Anywho i was trying to make the line go down by rushing through customers...and i accidently gave a customer 200 dollars cash out when i entered 100. The store manager through a big tantrum and stuff and suspened all my shifts, and told me to come speak to him next week. On the second meeting, he was accusing me of knowing the customers and giving the customer the extra 100 on purpose and all this shit. And then he said he wanted to speak again in a 3rd meeting in which i called a SDA member to talk to him. Anywho the store manager ended up droping the whole thing because "we were getting no where."

Anyways hope it all goes well for u.

greekgun

HSC
Re: Coles Checkouts!!

housah0lic said:
lols
i always just say yeh i've scanned it through when i so clearly haven't
they believe me. always.

what effort honestly.
haha what i do when i have a gay customer who says they dont have fb and then give it to me after the transaction is grab there fb's and swipe it through the eftpos machine and say ok "There u go" and they walk off stupidly. But seriously how stupid do u have to be if they think its gone through when the reciet is printed and the balance owed has been paid. Working in retail truely does give u an insight to how stupid some of our community really are.

greekgun

HSC
woah some mod did one of those merge things and now i dont know where shit is. To whoever the mod who did this is; nice one. (Please not sarcasm.)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
wrxsti, if you worked at woolworths, you'd be fired, i can tell you that.

and also, if you worked at woolworths, if there is any concievable way they could charge you with theft, they would as well.

dunno if that helps

i would call SDA if your a member though

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
townie said:
i would call SDA if your a member though
I am a member. My friend was telling me to call them. Should i call them before the interview or after the result of the interview?

CieL

HSC

wrxsti said:
does anyone know how long coles keep security tapes before they are deleted and overwritten. Also anyone have any tips as wat i should tell the guy?
Footage from the cameras aren't recorded on tapes. It's recorded onto a hard drive.. which means it stays there for a long time..
However, the quality of the cameras are extremely poor so unless you are very obviously reaching into your pockets for your wallet, flipping through it to find cards.. it shouldn't pick up much.. and since you're at the register, you should not be fiddling with your pockets anyway. It makes you looks suss.
Oh and I doubt they'd be looking at security cameras anyway. Unless they sit there second after second at the screen.. because if you press fast forward it plays uber fast and you miss everything anyway.

Is this your first offence?
Well letting you speak up they're giving you a chance, or else they could of just fired you on the spot. If I were you I would admit I've done it a couple of times, and that it would never ever happen again, and if they'd consider letting you back on the registers, or move you to another department where you don't deal with the POS.. I would NOT say I served friends or family though, cos you're not supposed to in the first place..

CieL

HSC
wrxsti said:
I am a member. My friend was telling me to call them. Should i call them before the interview or after the result of the interview?
ASAP.

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Yeah the sooner the better, because the SDA representative will probably want to meet up with u to go through what ur ganna say and wat the people are going to do, and then he will come with u to the meeting to smooth everything over. Its time like these the SDA come in handy.

born2b

HSC
well it could have been just a talk but you never know lol, at woolies you could just not go to the councelling session but they try to not let employees know that you dont have to attend when they tell you to. that was a stupid thing i didnt know

+ if you call the union into something that will be just a warning you could get in too a load of shit..

i just caught up with an old mate from woolies today he ttold me a story about some guy that was stealing cash from the registers ** i dont know the position or male/female but lets just say guy.

well lost prevention showed up got caught he got cufffed cops showed and he got cuffed and taken away... in front of the whole workplace i was liek omg holy ______

lol it would be the worst for that to happen.

btw so yeah if its a simple chat.. keep it simple dont call union if its deep i presume with the loss prevention prepare to hold your head low. read my story.. but i quit before loss prevention and shit but i didnt really use power for my cause .. but yaeh watever.

best of luck buddy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)