The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

Hindzy

HSC
Re: Coles Pay rate

wuddie said:
people are lazy, full stop.

you tell me, should i delete/merge this thread and 100 other repetitive threads?
OMG i am sorry for posting this thread. Get over it.

greekgun

HSC

wuddie said:
people are lazy, full stop.

you tell me, should i delete/merge this thread and 100 other repetitive threads?
lol, i dont care but it must piss the mods off like hell.

XPIOTOS

HSC

At 15 you're normal casual rate is $9.1544, but normal part time is $7.6287
At 16 it goes up to $10.1716, and normal part time is around $8.50.

It annoys me that they pay that extra 0.87 cents per hour, but anyway.

Your rates are higher on Saturday after 10PM, Sundays, Sunday after 9PM, and so on. For example, Sunday evening/night for a 15 year old is about $17. On public holidays it's around $20.

For a 16 year old it's about $19 Sunday nights, and $23 on public holidays.

The pay is not that bad at Coles. I was working for less at Safeway.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Re: Grocery at Coles

Tommorow at Coles I have Stocktake in the dairy(apparently worse)

What the hell do you do, just count stuff yeah??

CieL

HSC

milocole said:
Tommorow at Coles I have Stocktake in the dairy(apparently worse)

What the hell do you do, just count stuff yeah??
AHAHAHA yeah count stuff whilst trying to avoid freezing your titties [and fingers] off =]

Hindzy

HSC

XPIOTOS said:
At 15 you're normal casual rate is $9.1544, but normal part time is $7.6287
At 16 it goes up to $10.1716, and normal part time is around $8.50.

It annoys me that they pay that extra 0.87 cents per hour, but anyway.

Your rates are higher on Saturday after 10PM, Sundays, Sunday after 9PM, and so on. For example, Sunday evening/night for a 15 year old is about $17. On public holidays it's around $20.

For a 16 year old it's about $19 Sunday nights, and $23 on public holidays.

The pay is not that bad at Coles. I was working for less at Safeway.
Thanks for that it is very useful

thaoiiiee

HSC
N/A

whats the rate of a 21yr old??? any help appreciated

thaoiiiee

HSC
N/A

hehe i did stocktake 2day & the fridges were soooooo coldddd

thaoiiiee

HSC
N/A
I was hired for the position of deli. any1 here have experiences working in this area???

CieL

HSC
Re: Coles Deli

Wuddie:
How about let's make a bullcrap thread like the woolies thread....... cept for Coles and merge all this crap in.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
for ALL matters related to Coles, and Coles only.

things include interviews, pay rates, question you may have in regard to the job.

so please, do not start another thread on coles, unless it is exceptionally different.

i've merged 3 threads here, so it will be messy. but it should be smooth from here on in. apologies if you are the op and you lost your replies.

proceed...

Last edited:

greekgun

HSC
wuddie said:
for ALL matters related to Coles, and Coles only.

things include interviews, pay rates, question you may have in regard to the job.

so please, do not start another thread on coles, unless it is exceptionally different.

i've merged 3 threads here, so it will be messy. but it should be smooth from here on in. apologies if you are the op and you lost your replies.

proceed...
Yay... Match in the gas tank...Boom boom

Anyways, i had some girl working next to me on register yesterday, and she wouldnt shut up about her father and how he treats her and i seriously couldnt give a rats ass and i told her to talk less so i can talk to the customers properly, and she talks even more so then i say i dont give a shit bout why u hate ur father, and then she gets all upset and tells the service maneger and he says "yeah well i would have said that too, all u do is bitch about ur dad, how about u do some work". And that shut her up. Dont know why i needed to post this but i thought i would put it out there.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
COLES ROCKS! im d only guy that works at the registers (check-outs), and ive got like 15 chicks to muck around wif. :D

nah but seriously....'Ciel' should i ask to be transferred to stacking shelves, im really getting sick of the customer service bullshit! like for some1 like me who others consider to have a bad tempter, im fearing that one day im going to pile-drive a customer into the floor.

greekgun

HSC
wrxsti said:
COLES ROCKS! im d only guy that works at the registers (check-outs), and ive got like 15 chicks to muck around wif. :D

nah but seriously....'Ciel' should i ask to be transferred to stacking shelves, im really getting sick of the customer service bullshit! like for some1 like me who others consider to have a bad tempter, im fearing that one day im going to pile-drive a customer into the floor.
I work on register and i asked to be transferred to doing stock, and this was ok with pretty much everyone. Then for some reason i started getting shifts for stock stuff and customer service. But meh im not complaining means more shifts.

thaoiiiee

HSC
N/A
argghh just notice all posts merged in one. just wondering wats the pay rate for a 21yr old on a weekly basis.

CieL

HSC
thaoiiiee said:
argghh just notice all posts merged in one. just wondering wats the pay rate for a 21yr old on a weekly basis.
Gavvvvvin said:
Uh no.

$16s/hr is for a 19yr old casual.

When you hit 20+, the casual rate becomes $20.34/hr

CieL

HSC
wrxsti said:
In my shop, when it is quiet, we ask some people to go do some face-up.
So it may be possible to ask your CSM/2IC/supervisor if you could try it.
Or sometimes I rock up early to work and they ask me to face-up lol

Have you tried stacking shelves?
It's up to you. You can ask the grocery manager if you could give it a hit.
I reckon it's the most tedious and boring thing EVER. I personally can't stand it. Especially if you're assigned to an area by yourself.

I sometimes have a bad temper, short fuse.. but I reckon customer service is doing me good by teaching me to keep it in, even when the customer is obviously retarded and frustrating. Just laugh it off.
To me, things are much more entertaining at the front end =]

edit: wuddie - good job

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)