The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
thanks always.dreaming :)

do u guys know whats the staff discount for coles? hehe =p is it something gerneous lyk 10-20%? or lyk somthing very tight lyk a 5 %?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
SD is only 5%. Can be used across the whole Coles Group.

Comes in handy when you are buying a Plasma, Computer or something expensive from Kmart or Target or so...

phyr3

HSC
N/A
milocole said:
Login to your Coles Careers account, click on the "View Application" and see what your Status is.....

I know someone who went to the GInterview on Saturday, and Found out her fate on Wednedsay........

Application details
Date applied:2 August 2008 at 7:25pmCurrent status:AppliedComments:Your application has been submitted successfully.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Give the store a call and ask for the Store Manager, then just ask him...

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
coleSSS!!!!

hey guys...so afer my online induction i tried to contact my local coles store for the person incharge of our induction! and i tired like 5 million times and shes always BUSY !!!! f*ck! i duno what to do....seems lyk shes avoiding me or shes just got lyk 19832u46 million calls everydaY! what shud i do?!

mitch179

HSC
Re: coleSSS!!!!

Welcome to Coles Group. :p
It happens at other Coles Group companies.

Not just that, but like.... retail in general, managers are always very busy.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A

I've had that problem too, I called up the recruitment centre 5 days after confirmation and asked them what was going on. The next day I recieved a phone call from the manager.

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A

it sucks! i left a msg....left my contact number..and NOTHING....and btw the person in charge of my induction isnt the store manager! argh!!! annoying...i think shes a supervisor...well i was calling basically every 30 mins asking for her and FINALLY she was avaliable!!! ARGH. damn and plus i didnt know coels broadway was that BUSY!? I never even knew the supervisors would be THAT busy!

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A

no, they usually are understaffed. Reason why I eventually left for a better job

If coles want to outdo woolworths, then they should have a business model rethink, rather than a hack and slash attitude to staffing

born2b

HSC

nanaxdd said:
it sucks! i left a msg....left my contact number..and NOTHING....and btw the person in charge of my induction isnt the store manager! argh!!! annoying...i think shes a supervisor...well i was calling basically every 30 mins asking for her and FINALLY she was avaliable!!! ARGH. damn and plus i didnt know coels broadway was that BUSY!? I never even knew the supervisors would be THAT busy!
lol every 30 mins?? id cancel your induction and wipe you off the list lol..

seriously every 30 mins id be like lol stuff them look for someone patient

CieL

HSC

If it's your local Coles, just rock up and speak to them face to face.

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
hey guys is it true that if your a casual at coles you dont get as much shifts? maybe like 1 or 2 a week? and do casuals at coles get paid more on sundays? im not sure cos i thought that applied to part times only...so how much does a 17 yr old casual get paid at coles?

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
btw do i get paid for the 40 mins of online induction and the instore induction as well as instore training?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
-you paid paid for ALL your Training
-As for getting shifts, depends on store. Im only Casual and get 4hours a week
-Yes Casuals get more on Sundays, about +70%
-17yr old, well, about $12 normally and about $17/18 on sundays....

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
last week and the week before i had one 3 hour shift the whole week

fucking gay cunts

we are overstaffed

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
that is ridiculous! i am already thinking of quiting now....!!!!! i havent even had my training yet..its this friday and i am so put off!!!

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
yes, we are also understaffed. They hired 130, they only need 70.... :( :( :(

New Store opening up soon around the corner, and Ive sent my transfer form in pretty fast, lol

Plus working in Dairy dosn't give you many hours though...last week (and the week before) I have had "0" hours, so I beg that I dont get a call from them on Friday morning that my Friday shift is cancelled, as per usual. Mainly because they cant "afford" to roster me on, too many markdowns........hahahaha

Lucky I have a second job that gives me hours in the double figures range, but I wouldn't call Coles a Job for me, rather a fortnightly chore..

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
why do they do that? its just ridiculous!
i hope in my store i get at least 3 days of work...gosh!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)