Plane Nut
HSC
Ah Well

You can go all over the world now with your loaded FlyBuys Card, lol

Have Fun!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
they're not allowed to watch the cameras with no reason. Breach of privacy or whatever.
But if they're reviewing the tapes or whatever, skimming over it; it should be allowed, esp if they're in headoffice doing audits/whatever. That said, i'm not 100% sure of what the policy on cameras is.

greekgun

HSC
shinji said:
they're not allowed to watch the cameras with no reason. Breach of privacy or whatever.
But if they're reviewing the tapes or whatever, skimming over it; it should be allowed, esp if they're in headoffice doing audits/whatever. That said, i'm not 100% sure of what the policy on cameras is.
Yeah thats wat the SDA say, they cant have a camera focused on one person or something like that, it has to be forcused on an area. And HR can look over videos of a particular person if there til is out (by any amount), if a large number of FB has been processed, etc etc.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Im so pissed. Last week I didn't crush 3 boxes and just left them on the rollcage, much easier as they could fit into the compactor (only small boxes), but the store manager was around, got all grouchy, received the whole "how to crush a box" lecture and now I checked my roster, and my next shift is 3 weeks away because he bitched to my line manger(my name was crossed over on the roster for the next 3weeks). One day they call you the "A+ Casual", and next day your fucked

I could scream

Last edited:

greekgun

HSC
Hey just a question, uno how when u spend $30 or more at coles, u get a fuel discount. Well if a customer asks us to break his transaction into $30 transactions - can i say no to him?

born2b

HSC
greekgun said:
Hey just a question, uno how when u spend $30 or more at coles, u get a fuel discount. Well if a customer asks us to break his transaction into $30 transactions - can i say no to him?
X2 that soo pisses us off at woolies too...

i dont work there anymore lol

CieL

HSC
greekgun said:
Nope. Why would you say no anyway?

The Lucky8 thing is so lame. That spend $40 or more in one transaction with two Lucky8 items and you get a token with a code thing..... I got told about it a couple weeks ago, then I got given a leaflet of about 4 pgs long, in font6 or something, specifying which products are classified as Lucky8.. great, am I supposed to memorise the entire thing?

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:

The Lucky8 thing is so lame. That spend $40 or more in one transaction with two Lucky8 items and you get a token with a code thing..... I got told about it a couple weeks ago, then I got given a leaflet of about 4 pgs long, in font6 or something, specifying which products are classified as Lucky8.. great, am I supposed to memorise the entire thing?
Ah just asking because i cant stand breaking up a customers transaction into a million smaller transaction so he can save a couple of cents. Its just annoying, but if i cant say no to him ill guess ill have to suck it up.

Yeah those luck8 things are gay, im sick of explaining wat they are everytime a customer see's one of those signs. I just give them to the customers who ask for them if they have spent 40 dollars or more, otherwise i cbf.

Charizard

HSC
CieL said:
Seriously.

A) if The company wanted you to have that many discounts then it would give u per 30 spent, not 1 for over 30.

B) it makes the transaction significantly longer, making other customers wait, so some fuckwit can save 4 cents when he doesnt deserve it.

C) it's just a very rude and selfish thing to request, knowing full well they are manipulating the system

D) only a fuckwit would do that, most normal people dont even give a shit about the discount because anyone with half a brain knows the prices are inflated by nearly 4 cents anyway to cover the discount.

I can go on.

greekgun

HSC
Charizard said:
Seriously.

A) if The company wanted you to have that many discounts then it would give u per 30 spent, not 1 for over 30.

B) it makes the transaction significantly longer, making other customers wait, so some fuckwit can save 4 cents when he doesnt deserve it.

C) it's just a very rude and selfish thing to request, knowing full well they are manipulating the system

D) only a fuckwit would do that, most normal people dont even give a shit about the discount because anyone with half a brain knows the prices are inflated by nearly 4 cents anyway to cover the discount.

I can go on.
Yay back up.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I submitted one of those Internal move store forms or whatever they are, has anyone done one of these and been successfull?

Its for a new store, So im feeling they might let me in with all my skills i Have...

CieL

HSC
I guess you can personally say no.. but I really cbf'd explaining in peak hour why I don't want to do it for them. It doesn't make the transaction that much longer. Most of the time the transaction is only broken up into two anyway.. and most people refuse to load up anymore items once it hits $30 so I can't scan anymore.

And with the people I deal with, it's likely if I refuse to cut off at $30, they'd just push their trolley in and line up again. Which equates to the same thing.

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
interview @ coles

okay, so i scored myself a interview at coles tomorrow at 9am in the morning! im guessing its a 1 on 1 interview but im not sure...what are the questions that they will ask? and whats the chance of them rejecting me? im so scared but i really want this job!!!

do i need to bring my passport and references and resume with me?

help!

greekgun

HSC
Re: interview @ coles

Dont fret man, its too easy to get the job. Ur pretty much already got it. When i got an interview for coles (and yeah it was a 1 on 1), they asked me to bring my school report, passport, resume etc. And when i went in, he asked to look at my school report and asked me questions like "ahh so do you enjoy IT?" and "Ahh u only got a B in geography, you got fairly high in everything else why did u only get a B in geograhy" and bull shit like that. It was over in about 5 mins, and then he told me that he will send me a link via email to do all this online bullshit stuff.

Just dress up in a shirt and black pants, smile, answer the questions politely and try and give a good impression and u should get the job.

Good luck.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

greekgun said:
Dont fret man, its too easy to get the job. Ur pretty much already got it. When i got an interview for coles (and yeah it was a 1 on 1), they asked me to bring my school report, passport, resume etc. And when i went in, he asked to look at my school report and asked me questions like "ahh so do you enjoy IT?" and "Ahh u only got a B in geography, you got fairly high in everything else why did u only get a B in geograhy" and bull shit like that. It was over in about 5 mins, and then he told me that he will send me a link via email to do all this online bullshit stuff.

Just dress up in a shirt and black pants, smile, answer the questions politely and try and give a good impression and u should get the job.

Good luck.
lol. ididn't even have to bring my school report.

i just brought myself. Manager outlined the job details, uniform, etc. Asked what days i can work. And other than that, she said that i'd most probably get the job if head office approved. And they did and look at me now. 1.5+ years lol.

(note; for woolies which isbasically same thing)

although i think they were desperate to get new staf.

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A

thanks guys...well just incase if i do get the job..i applied for checkouts at broadway shopping centre and when i usually do my groceries there the checkout chicks make it look so simple! is it really that simple using their machine?

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A

btw do they ask questions like...whats are your strengths?weakness? why should we employ you?what can you do for this company?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC

Try not to get brain freezes on questions that they ask you.

Advice- Do not say "I want to work in Dairy"

You will thank me later....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)