The correct answers to commonly asked questions- read before you post. (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: IMPORTANT: The correct answers to commonly asked questions- read before you post.

ccc123 said:
How do you do that?
You can't. But moderators can.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
OK so pretty much for ur uai if u dont got a good internal rankings and even though u beat people ranked higher than u on the test it only helps their marks and my uai will be shit because of it? even though i out performed in test my internal rank determines overall whats going to happen to my mark? someone help i have looked everywhere but i cant find answer to this

ccc123

HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
OK so pretty much for ur uai if u dont got a good internal rankings and even though u beat people ranked higher than u on the test it only helps their marks and my uai will be shit because of it? even though i out performed in test my internal rank determines overall whats going to happen to my mark? someone help i have looked everywhere but i cant find answer to this
Look harder man

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=6642
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=3316185&postcount=1
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=181276
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=60687

nam696

HSC
i was wondering, if student 'A' was failing all his subjects in school and is in the bottom half of the assessment ranking, but he achieved 90% in all his subjects in the HSC, what would his final mark approximately be?

and if student 'b' achieved an average of 90% for his school assessment but failed all his subjects in the HSC what would his final mark approximately be?

both student study; mathematics (2unit),physics,chemistry,english(advanced) and ancient history

my career advisor was telling me that their has been cases where students perform poorly (failing) during their hsc year but achieved a very good mark HSC and received a final mark that very closely reflected their hsc mark instead of the school mark, is this true and has anybody experienced or seen this?

adosh

HSC
this year my school isnt going wella t all,, most people wont do well,,, im ranked first in my assesment marks with 90+ marks. now assuming i rank first in my hsc external exam with low to mid 90s in all my subjects and also assuming the worst case scenario where all my classmates get below 50 for my subjects (say way below the state average), do you think taht any of my classmates will affect my uai,....bcoz it seams like they will,,,wotn they drag me down even a little bit..

adosh

HSC
can someone explain this to me......i understand the process of moderated assesment marks(thanks to bored of studies) however i havnt found a forum that addresses this.... now assume a student ranks first in raw internal assesmetn mark and external hsc exam mark say 95 and 90 respectively, now his exam mark stays at 90 but his moderated assesmetn mark is now also 90 right,,,,but is it exactly 90 or does it move up or down a little like 89 or 91??

dp624

HSC
Re: IMPORTANT: The correct answers to commonly asked questions- read before you post.

I think

Q. Is it true if you go to a selective school like James Ruse, you are pretty much guarenteed a 99+ UAI?

A. No.
Is Yes, as long as you don't bludge (and apply some degree of effort)

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC

dp624 said:
I think

Is Yes, as long as you don't bludge (and apply some degree of effort)
Is No, because not everybody there is so talented. Some will naturally be academically inferior.
Although the UAI median for Ruse is around 99.4 or something, they still have some who are well below 99. I think their average is around 98 or so, but there's no guarantee of their UAI. They can't just go "YAYYYYYY I aced primary school and got into Ruse, now I can just play my PSP in all my classes and still get 99+".

No, they put in their hard work. The reasons for James Ruse students' success are both talent and hard work.

shakky15

HSC
nam696 said:
i was wondering, if student 'A' was failing all his subjects in school and is in the bottom half of the assessment ranking, but he achieved 90% in all his subjects in the HSC, what would his final mark approximately be?

and if student 'b' achieved an average of 90% for his school assessment but failed all his subjects in the HSC what would his final mark approximately be?

both student study; mathematics (2unit),physics,chemistry,english(advanced) and ancient history
id say their final marks would be about the same (ie -student A and student B would have similar final marks). student A would get a higher moderated internal assessment mark (which is only fair as they wouldhave put in a consistent effort all year), but they would keep their poor HSC marks. thus it would average out to be similar to student B who gets a low moderated mark (to reflect their shitness all year) but, their 90% in the exam would count towards their final mark.

i hope that makes sense.

shakky15

HSC
adosh said:
this year my school isnt going wella t all,, most people wont do well,,, im ranked first in my assesment marks with 90+ marks. now assuming i rank first in my hsc external exam with low to mid 90s in all my subjects and also assuming the worst case scenario where all my classmates get below 50 for my subjects (say way below the state average), do you think taht any of my classmates will affect my uai,....bcoz it seams like they will,,,wotn they drag me down even a little bit..
if u rank first in both internal and external assessments, your external mark will become your internal (ie - say your internal was 92, then u score 95 in the exam. you get 95 for your internal moderated mark, and keep your 95 in the exam, thus your final mark will be 95.) other students wont affect you if your ranked first now, unless of course they beat u in the exam, at which point you will graciously take their exam mark which will become ur internal moderated mark. ie - if another student got 97 and u got 95 in the exam, u get the 97 for ur internal mark coz u were ranked first. u keep ur 95 thus final mark will be 96.

shakky15

HSC
adosh said:
can someone explain this to me......i understand the process of moderated assesment marks(thanks to bored of studies) however i havnt found a forum that addresses this.... now assume a student ranks first in raw internal assesmetn mark and external hsc exam mark say 95 and 90 respectively, now his exam mark stays at 90 but his moderated assesmetn mark is now also 90 right,,,,but is it exactly 90 or does it move up or down a little like 89 or 91??
because you are ranked first, you will have ur internal mark moderated down to 90. your exam mark stays as 90. ur final hsc mark will be 90.

kapish?

u sound very stressed. relax. doesnt matter what school u go to. if ur ranked first, ur classmates have no bearing on ur performance at all. unless they beat you, which is a good thing for you (u'll take their external mark and it will become ur intrnal moderated mark)

adosh

HSC
shakky15 said:
because you are ranked first, you will have ur internal mark moderated down to 90. your exam mark stays as 90. ur final hsc mark will be 90.

kapish?

u sound very stressed. relax. doesnt matter what school u go to. if ur ranked first, ur classmates have no bearing on ur performance at all. unless they beat you, which is a good thing for you (u'll take their external mark and it will become ur intrnal moderated mark)

k then that sounds good. but then where does the process of "scaling" get invlolved. that moderated assesemtn process isnt the scaling right?? if not then what do tehy scale, the exam mark, the moderated assesemtn mark or both???

Brontecat

HSC
Lets say i have a class of 3 for biology and the assessment marks were

A
A-
B-

how would this change a persons mark, in other words how is it moderated

boonie87

HSC
N/A
)
What about if you finished 5th out of 30, and the top 5 marks were high 80's low 90's and the rest of the marks were 45-50's 60's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)