The Department Says Relax (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrysky

HSC
the-1-n-only-me said:
anything is cheaper than a $150+ massage. it'd be more interesting to lie on the floor and get your dog to run up and down your back (if anyone does this, post pics yeh?) :)
Lol@that.

I'd like to know what they're playing at, since it can work for some people, but not for others. I went out with a friend yesterday for a leisurely walk to 'relax', and ended up getting swooped by four magpies in the space of one hour.

I concur, jirwin. -nods-

I'd rather sleep.

love.is.around said:
If the Dep wanted us to relax, they would instantly take away the content in the slybus and say... you dont need to know that... AHHHHH dream come true
YUSSS! -screams- That would be fucking awesome.

47sniper

HSC
N/A
wtf why is more than six hours unhealthy? i study about 10-15 (mostly wasting time on the internet) but how are you supposed to get anything done in six hours? now i'm worried that im doing too much. this article makes me more stressed ;_;

williamc

HSC
47sniper said:
wtf why is more than six hours unhealthy? i study about 10-15 (mostly wasting time on the internet) but how are you supposed to get anything done in six hours? now i'm worried that im doing too much. this article makes me more stressed ;_;
rofl.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
47sniper said:
No you don't study 10-15. You waste time on the internet for that long mixed in with some study. You are not studying for the entire 10-15hours. If you did do 6 hours of actual study you can get a fair bit done.

HSC
zaqwerty said:
There's always SOMEONE... isn't there?

It's gotta be more than the HSC that drives someone to do something like that....
I'm just hoping it's not a BoSer, or someone I know irl. :(

Yeah, definitely there'd be more than just the HSC on the person's mind.

samuel slack

HSC
How do you do 10-15 hours of study? I've averaged about 4 for the past week. But that's full-on productive study, no interference... If i did 10 it'd be about 3 hours of study, 7 hours of stuffing around, looking out my window, calling people. etc.

starrysky

HSC
I hear through 'connections' that people at James Ruse seem to average 10 to 14 or something.

O_O

I still need to sort out my notes into piles based on subjects. Maybe that'd help me to 'relax' a little more ...

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
47sniper said:
are you for serious?

HSC
47sniper said:
So how long was your average school day? Let's say it was 6 hours. Does this mean you never got anything done during a school day?

47sniper

HSC
N/A
yeah and I've figured out a way to remove sleep to fit in more time!!
I was trying to be sarcastic -_-
hell no i don't study that much. it's more like 5 or 6 hours plus alot of movie watching
but lol @ the $140 massage. who can be bothered?

historykidd

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I didn't.
?

???????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????

????????????

?????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????

????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

???

?

?.

HSC
47sniper said:
yeah and I've figured out a way to remove sleep to fit in more time!!
I was trying to be sarcastic -_-
hell no i don't study that much. it's more like 5 or 6 hours plus alot of movie watching
Lol, ok then. :)
SoulSearcher said:
I didn't.
Yeah Gab, but that's you!

HSC
mann.. all this talk of 6 hours study is giving me the shits.

tomorrow ima have to glue my ass to the seat to make sure i get something done. :mad1:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
relax?

that's for the prepared.

not for those of us who've just started studying.

williamc

HSC
-pari- said:
relax?

that's for the prepared.

not for those of us who've just started studying.
Not really. Im not prepared but relaxed.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
starrysky said:
I'd like to know what they're playing at, since it can work for some people, but not for others. I went out with a friend yesterday for a leisurely walk to 'relax', and ended up getting swooped by four magpies in the space of one hour.
ROFL !! ahahah hope no1 got pecked hard.

samuel slack said:
How do you do 10-15 hours of study? I've averaged about 4 for the past week. But that's full-on productive study, no interference... If i did 10 it'd be about 3 hours of study, 7 hours of stuffing around, looking out my window, calling people. etc.
yeah i gotta agree with you. my limits about 5-6. if i try to cram in anymore it goes in reverse and the next day i wont do anything. but for me , 5-6 productive hours is really good .. so yeah. im not complaining :p

williams180

HSC
Beege said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/a-preexam-pamper-is-just-the-treatment-for-hsc-students/2007/10/06/1191091421565.html

Even the department of education is saying relax, have a balance and take breaks.

Don't over do it guys, it is not good for you. More than 6 hours a day is unhealthy and won't work.

I'm not stressing, I'm trying to relax about our upcoming exams. I'm still doing the work though but with breaks to clear my mind and to remotivate me.
with ure subjects i wouldnt be worrying either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)