• spirits

Votes: 251 55.2%
  • cider

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Some drinks taste okay like lollie drinks haha but I don't drink because I like the taste is what Im saying. If I wanted to drink something because I thought it tasted good alcohol would not be my first choice.
Alcoholic Drinks that taste good:
Beer
Scotch
Bourbon
Jack
Gin
Vodka
Tequila
Did I mention Beer?
Liqeuers
schnapps
cider
triple sec
rum

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Basically Smokkee is an immature slurry

Edit: Infact I dislike most "lollie drinks" because they don't taste like alcohol.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Hah, you're a pain in the arse graney. Granted, czech absinthe is typically of the boho style, but it was certainly better than the watered down rubbish that mostly gets imported here.
What is your source that says absolutely no one out there is making authentically distilled absinthe, using distilled oils, fennel, anise, wormwood etc?
I read an article years ago that, since it was banned and production halted for so many years, authentic recipes and techniques just weren't preserved. Beyond generalities, the exact details of what absinthe was traditionally made of are a bit of mystery.

What's produced now is an approximation at best.

But idk, my reading may be inaccurate. Regardless, who cares about authenticity. It doesn't matter. It's either a good drink or it's not, that's all that should matter.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I can stand anything, but I won't drink any clear spirits ever if I can avoid it.

Even mixed, foul aftertaste the lot of them.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Alcoholic Drinks that taste good:
Beer
Scotch
Bourbon
Jack
Gin
Vodka
Tequila
Did I mention Beer?
Liqeuers
schnapps
cider
triple sec
rum

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Basically Smokkee is an immature slurry

Edit: Infact I dislike most "lollie drinks" because they don't taste like alcohol.
how can u lyk the taste of vodka when it tastes like nothing? and tequila disgusting...wouldnt touch cider either unless u were a pus...but mentioning beer twice was a good answer...and scotch yuk...haha

in order of favourite alcoholic drinks:

- beer
- baileys
- red wine mostly cab shiraz
- white wine mostly chardonnay
- frangelico
- bourbon
- gin

the rest apart from liquers like tia maria are shite bah!

Russdog

russell
HSC
word on the street is that the best drink available right now is midori + agrum.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I tried strawberry bubbly and raspberry bubbly the other week.

Trashy as fuck but delicious and cost-effective.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
how can u lyk the taste of vodka when it tastes like nothing?
I dunno about that, smirnoff and that is disgusting i'll agree, but my boyfriends grandparents brought over a few bottles of vodka when they were visiting from Russia and it was actually really nice to drink straight.

Last edited:

StandOff

Reidy
HSC
For me, its beer straight up. XXXX or Pure Blonde always lead to great nights sitting round a campfire. After that, I'd have to go for the good old shots of whatever spirits are lying around.
The only problem I have with beer is the need to piss like all hell after a big night. I mean seriously, once that golden seal is gone, your shot!

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
I must enrol in a wine course.

Tell the difference between Bordeaux, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz, Carbanet, merlot..

red vs wine is pretty easy.
telling the difference between different reds' are pretty hard.

evil_kitten

HSC
beer is just plain gross.
i like my wine, but it seems to give me fairly bad hangovers. (car trip syd - melb on new yrs day put me off for ages)
i love my spirits, but i'm a bit of a cheap drunk so i cant be drinking too much too quick. last time i made that mistake i had thrown up over my friends apartment and passed out by 8 pm.
cocktails are awesome though =) and they look oh so classy (at least the good ones do)
and i think having a good time is way more important, you dont wanna get too smashed or you just look like the fool.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
beer is just plain gross.
i like my wine, but it seems to give me fairly bad hangovers. (car trip syd - melb on new yrs day put me off for ages)
i love my spirits, but i'm a bit of a cheap drunk so i cant be drinking too much too quick. last time i made that mistake i had thrown up over my friends apartment and passed out by 8 pm.
cocktails are awesome though =) and they look oh so classy (at least the good ones do)
and i think having a good time is way more important, you dont wanna get too smashed or you just look like the fool.
you are right im tired of them plain beers.
but im sure you havent tried....

RESCHS

just when you get your comrades ass out of there when youre caught by 16 guards with AK-47's and Cunningham shooting your ass and you just barely escape and promises you some beer once your tour of duty is done.

get

RESCHS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)