• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the eternal dilemma (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
this is a generalisation, but why is it that guys can forget and move on from a relationship so easily?

they can just bury whatever emotions they had/have and just forget about it.

why can't girls do that too?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
babydoll_ said:
this is a generalisation, but why is it that guys can forget and move on from a relationship so easily?

very big generalisation indeed :p
i guess some girls are more emotional than some guys. that was just a useless thing to say '-_-
too general.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah i mean girls can be equally as unfeeling

and whether someone feels regret or sorrow for a past relationship- after you break up it means you are less of a person to judge an ex

Alimoe_KG

HSC
wtf...that's not just a generalisation...that's absurdly wrong.
girls forget and move on equally fast.....
in fact...they probably move on faster.
When girls leave guys languishing in their promiscuous wake, they don't think anything about it.
When a guy does it, they're insensitive and fickle and has emotional awareness and all that other spiritual bs.
Stop with the double standards.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Airness said:
wtf...that's not just a generalisation...that's absurdly wrong.
girls forget and move on equally fast.....
in fact...they probably move on faster.
When girls leave guys languishing in their promiscuous wake, they don't think anything about it.
When a guy does it, they're insensitive and fickle and has emotional awareness and all that other spiritual bs.
Stop with the double standards.
i can just see the 4U english jumping out from you.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
babydoll_ said:

Often girls need time to let their emotions re-adjust.

I think it has alot to do with who is the dumper and who is the dumpee. However even if you are the dumper if it's been a serious relationship it takes time to readjust to not having that person play such a major role in your life. Even if you 'stay friends' its either awkward or at least they aren't in your life as much. Sometimes you know something a relationship is ending but you hold on to it because of the good times you shared or how you feel about a person. I believe that girl's do give away their hearts alot more (generalisation I know, but Im full of them) and so even if they break it off because the relationship was hurting them, etc they still have a love which will only fade with time. Plus if you are the one being dumped it is sometimes a shock and so you were not prepared and you definitely will find it hard to overcome your emotions.

However I know heaps of girls however who are on the prowl straight after a relationship ended, even if they were the one dumped.

I think so much of it has to do with who was being dumped/how attached they were but the majority is personality type. Some people just bounce back.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
i can just see the 4U english jumping out from you.
Never. The double standards are just blatantly obvious. And it's frustrating.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
ive really got nothing to say... but its either post here or do my assignments...

so im going to say that with the whole new age metros (to which i despise) im sure theres alot more guys who need time to get over things...
its kinda like me... cept im not metro... i kinda get hurt too! im only human

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i think it's the fact that some people either didn't have feelings in the first place/hide emotions/can put things in the back of their minds easily... while others take more time to let go... or have trouble letting go at all :\

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
babydoll_ said:

wtf is going on in your av?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
sif guys get over girls more easily, we tend to not get over them ver quickly emotionally, but the whole rebound thing gives the impression that we get over girls quickly, where its really more of a reaction to emotional pain i guess

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
babydoll_ said:

It's different for everyone. But I'm surprised that you haven't noticed the amount of pussies in this forum that cry and bitch about their x who they still love.

santaslayer

HSC
Maybe the guy/girl didn't feel the same sense of deep love for the other in the first place? Not necessarily a guy or girl trait.

shortie_689

HSC
Orange Juice said:
ive really got nothing to say... but its either post here or do my assignments...

so im going to say that with the whole new age metros (to which i despise) im sure theres alot more guys who need time to get over things...
its kinda like me... cept im not metro... i kinda get hurt too! im only human
OMG LOVE YOUR AVATAR GO TANG (REMINDS ME OF YR 8 CAMP)

malayansurf

HSC
thats a very very big generalisation..i just got rejected by this girl who i've been in deep lust for over a year, and im just..torn and i can't get over her at all..im like torn to shreds. =(
any advice to help me get over her?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
malayansurf said:
thats a very very big generalisation..i just got rejected by this girl who i've been in deep lust for over a year, and im just..torn and i can't get over her at all..im like torn to shreds. =(
any advice to help me get over her?
Stop being a pussy.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
babydoll_ said:

coz they're cold, cold, cold bastards that ought to die.

otherwise, they're just faking it... then they drink copious amounts of alcohol + fuck random ppl = forget

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It's not the same for everyone Nancy, just a lot of guys will tend to hide it more than girls because they have the whole ego thing to maintain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)