The Exam Preparation Thread (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
BillytheFIsh said:
Has never failed.
but Mr Billy (!), passes may make el-el-bee's, but top tiers expect credits without exception!!

i concur with my learned sister erawamai has said. i might add, however, that it often takes great effort for the crammer to know more than the bare case X - principle Y. *sigh* :(

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Frigid said:
but Mr Billy (!), passes may make el-el-bee's, but top tiers expect credits without exception!!

i concur with my learned sister erawamai has said. i might add, however, that it often takes great effort for the crammer to know more than the bare case X - principle Y. *sigh* :(
Really? If only takes 20 mins to read an average case properly.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
erawamai said:
Really? If only takes 20 mins to read an average case properly.
hahaha, i take judicial notice of average (reasonable, ordinary). some cases (He Kaw Teh, Ryan, Wilson), esp contracts cases (Amann, Anton and some others that i can't remember the names of), take like friggin forever man.

and why aren't you studying!?! :cool:

BillytheFIsh

HSC
Frigid said:
Never got worse than a 5 (credit) using this technique :) I consider a 4 (pass) a fail.

And I'm not a top-tier boy (!) anyway. I'll leave their hoop-jumping to you guys who reeeeaaaally wanna be working 18 hour days making some partner rich :p

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Frigid said:
on the bright side, cramming aint all that bad. at least, in my opinion, cramming develops your high-intensity, large-quantity, maximum-efficiency studying skills.

thus, for your illustrious career at the Bar, where they give you your brief two days before you are due to appear, you should be thankful that your well-honed cramming/rote-learning skills can make you a world authority on battered women syndrome in 48 hours.
Cramming's actually pretty good sometimes... especially if I do my notes at the last minute. I get an opportunity to really go over the course.

If I rely on notes made throughout the year, I find that it's harder to pick up on minute details, and that I tend to rely too much on the notes.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
ManlyChief said:
I was just a work for 6 hours typing up notes - $25/hr to study, yay :D
you weren't typing up your own notes, were you?

keep studying - me go bed. tomorrow will sacrifice about 6hrs of solid work for $14.5 x 7hrs =\

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ManlyChief said:
Yes! :) My Law, Lawyers and Justice notes - I got duty to the court all done. Very productive :)
On a side note are usyd examining you on the old or new Legal profession Act?

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
The course primarily deals with the professional rules, but when the LPA is needed, we look at the old one - two reasons:

* the textbook hasn't been updated for the 2004 act and
* the 1980s has that special pazazz that the 2000s simply cannot match

Where used in our course, I don't think there was any substantial difference between the nature of the provisions of the 1987 and 2004 acts

:)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ManlyChief said:
The course primarily deals with the professional rules, but when the LPA is needed, we look at the old one - two reasons:

* the textbook hasn't been updated for the 2004 act and
* the 1980s has that special pazazz that the 2000s simply cannot match

Where used in our course, I don't think there was any substantial difference between the nature of the provisions of the 1987 and 2004 acts

:)
Erge. We only look at part 10 and 11 of the now out of date LPA. Talk about naming courses however.

UNSW - Law, lawyers and society

usyd - Law lawyers and justice

uts is much less creative with - Practice and Procedure

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
ManlyChief said:
I love how you deny the honour of capitalised abbreviations to your rival institutions :)

My exam is tomorrow! Yay! :)
USYD! UNSW!!!! ;)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
UOW-Lawyers and Australian Society

Do you guys have to do prac as part of it? We have to do around 60 hours....

santaslayer

HSC
Ms 12 said:

60???

farrrk...

i cant cram for law...too hard

i can cram for everything else though

...wait...not maths...

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Ms 12 said:

UNSW LLS sends us to kingsford for an afternoon. We conduct interviews.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
From the LLB311 (Lawyers and Australian Society) Handbook Santa....

In LLB311 Lawyers and Australian Society, students will undertake two components, as follows:

-The Law in Practice--a professional experience placement of 20 days' duration in an aspect of law-related practice.

-Law in the Community--completion of 30 hours voluntary (pro bono) service with a community legal service or public interest service (not being one in which they completed their 'Law in Practice Component)

These two components of the subject are perceived, in terms of their practical approach to learning and in the level of assessment, as a major part of the whole subject. Final results will be withheld until both components have been satisfactorily completed, and the assessment requirements have bee submitted and passed

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Ms 12 said:
From the LLB311 (Lawyers and Australian Society) Handbook Santa....

In LLB311 Lawyers and Australian Society, students will undertake two components, as follows:

-The Law in Practice--a professional experience placement of 20 days' duration in an aspect of law-related practice.

-Law in the Community--completion of 30 hours voluntary (pro bono) service with a community legal service or public interest service (not being one in which they completed their 'Law in Practice Component)

These two components of the subject are perceived, in terms of their practical approach to learning and in the level of assessment, as a major part of the whole subject. Final results will be withheld until both components have been satisfactorily completed, and the assessment requirements have bee submitted and passed

wow...does that leave any time for class?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)