The F1 Thread (7 Viewers)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cosworth + V8 = good, strong, reliable motor

as with ferrari, the two have had numerous decades working with them, Mclaren to some extent too...everyone else sucks dewdell

oh, honda have heaps of experience, but they blow up anyway...or just have shit drivers :rolleyes: cant tell which it is atm...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Next yr it will be:

Ferrari vs Mclaren vs Williams vs Red Bull Ferrari.

I don't even think Renault have tested their V8 for next season ... I hope they totally stuff up! They are spending too much time for improvements this season. They still have an aero package and 2 engine improvements. Could that mean possible blow ups for nando :p

Honda have good engines. Its just their drivers are shit.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
fuck off as if a 5 yr contrac with button is worth 90 mil... im assuming either usd or pounds... FUCK OFF...
satos got himself montys seat next season watch out ladies!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oj is being an idiot as usual. You know how much he loves Sato :rolleyes:

I really do think Williams will be up there. They are using bridgestones and the cosworth engine (which is reliable and has a strong V8 history). Its like a new page for williams.

Toyota have the budget, but I dunno. Their results this year are probably cause the other red team isn't going well.

Hahaha ... does every new driver to ferrari think they can beat Michael? Massa thinks he can, while Baz thinks he can win brazil!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
nugget is an idiot...but a charming one at that :)

massa though, he could beat michael, but beating him once doesnt mean you're better than him...

so we'll see about that

and williams, im cautiously optimistic about their chances next year, i think they may finally be going somewhere if the Cosworths are competitive and reliable, then williams will quickly pull a major sponsor

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Williams don't need a sponsor. With the amount of money BAR and Button paid them :rolleyes:

Massa is fast, but he doesn't have experience in a top team racing. Hes only tested for ferrari. But it will be interesting to see how he goes. He could give Michael a run for his money.

Button and Nugget will be at each others throats the whole season next year.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
F1 news 2006:

BAR sponsors williams

BAR and Williams have decided to further BARs sponsorship of Frank williams' cars after the successful deal last year (2005). The deal, in which Britains Jenson Button was bought by BAR, gave Williams and estimated $90 mill to play with, enough so that they could buy fat cigars and continue to buy oxygen tanks for sir frank.

The deal has proven the confusion in the pits of F1 with teams owning and/or sponsoring other teams (like Red Bull owning/sponsoring 2 teams, Ferrari 'owning' Sauber, and David Coulthard supposedly "owning everyone")

yeh..something like that

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
That was great :D

But theres no Sauber in 2006 :p

And Ferrari effectively have 2 teams and same with Red Bull.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
hmmm...true that, ohwells, im not editing such brilliant creative work (i should be a comedian *boom tish*)

although i just did :p

anyway i seriously like the diea of V8s next year, like the golden years of 60s/70s, open exhausts...trumpets, lumpy cams :D *drools*

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I don't know about the V8 idea. I'll guess I will decide next year, if its good or not. Hopefully there won't be stupider rules that are introduced than this year.

And no, you shouldn't be a comedian.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
if they just took the ones i said before and used them then the racing would be competitive...der, i knew there had to be a simple answer somewhere (rely less on technology)

dw, im no comedian...but it could've made it to sniff petrol

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
A better rule could be to let ferrari / schumi win all the time. I miss schumi winning.

F1 can't rely less on technology. F1 and technology go hand in hand.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Cape said:
A better rule could be to let ferrari / schumi win all the time. I miss schumi winning.

F1 can't rely less on technology. F1 and technology go hand in hand.
they rely on each other the wrong way...

they're going crazy trying to exploit every 0.005 of a millimetre or friction :confused:

with the engines, they're making them lighter, rev harder, go faster, without reliability - that is not technology, we can get a straight 6 and make more horsepower and have better reliability...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I dunno. F1 is supposed to be about technology. If only there was more emphasis upon drivers. Next thing you'll know, they install indicators and automatic overtaking simulators, which do the overtaking for you.

It seems kinda stupid :(

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
overtaking simulators? they'd have nothing to simulate, so they'd be simply simulators, of nothing :|

talking about auto boxes...

read an article on frank gardener...his Le mans stuff in the 60's with the GT40s, he had a couple of yanks with him, but they hadnt raced manuals before :| like wtf??

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I dunno. I just made it up. I can't be bothered thinking. Because I should be doing my assignment that is due tomorrow :p

You must be pretty bored braad :rolleyes:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
im sorta bored, injured so cant exercise properly (therefore no point)

and no homework/assignments...holdiays have started...

so yeh, im not bored, i just have nothing to do :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Did you break a fingernail :p

Aww ... my holidays were last week. Not fair! I've got to stay up the whole of sunday night to watch the stupid F1 race, and then somehow go to a group meeting for an assignment on Monday morning. Ah shit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)