• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The F1 Thread (3 Viewers)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Your on Jenny Craigs diet and I'm Fernando Alonso. Did I tell you to drink? No. Did I give you a drink? No. So don't go blaming me for your own personal problems. Ok. Good. And don't give me another headache again.

I didn't get GP tickets for christmas :( So not fair! oh well.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
its on ladies... sato is ON!
how funny is rbr claiming they can beat ferrari... im gonna bet on them for the constructors... GOLD

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ladies? Speak for yourself :p Sato is gay, I found a photo of him last night when I was cleaning my room. And I found newspapers from 2000 with articles about Michael :p

Well, RBF could beat ferrari. They both have the same engines, RBF have Newy now, and hes won more championships than Michael. The only thing RBF are missing are great drivers, although Klien is improving.

And we are going to loose a german gp. Hockenheim and Nurburgring are going to alternate from year to year :( That sucks, and Bernie wants to ditch an Italian GP. Which is stupid, 99% of the teams have an Italian or German base. And they are traditional. Get rid of Hungary instead if you want to go to Russia and drive in the snow. Stupid Bernie *mad*

OJ, if you want to bet on something Jenson Button is 20/1 to win the title next season. But I'll bet baz will give him a run for his money - thats if he has anything left after the button gate.

Its hot :(

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
rbr dont lack drivers... dc is pretty good... sure his time is over like schumis but he was pretty good one time...

button to win? its good odds, but were talking about someone whos yet to win a race...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yeah, DC was pretty good, about moving over so Hakkinen could win the race :D:D:D

Button = 100 starts, no gp wins, 1 pole, 10 podiums and 3 disqualifications (from memory) good record, nando should be scared :p

I'd put money on Raikkonen or Michael to win the championship (although, it will depend if Kimi's engine lasts longer than a lap)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
as much as id like to put raikonnen to win... he'll be 3rd favourite if not 2nd... so odds wont be good... if his like 12+ to win, id be on him...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The 2006 rules are clearly benefiting ferrari, although, I expect to see a big improvement from toyota and williams. Renault will fall slightly - unsettlement that nando's leaving? Renault leaving from f1 altogether at the end of the year?

Frequent race wins for Michael, possible win for Massa.
Frequnt podiums for Ralf, qualifying might hurt Trulli, how fast is he over a number of laps, we don't know.
I'd love to see Rosberg get podiums and see webber burn :)
And I expect lots of mercedes blow ups, as usual :rolleyes:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Cape said:
The 2006 rules are clearly benefiting ferrari,
never thought id hear you say that...

if your saying renault will go down because of alonso then so should mclaren since raikonnen or monty will have to leave even if they both wanted to stay...

i think biggest improvement next season will be honda and ferrari... im not banking on any wins for williams or bmw next year... maybe 1 or 2 for toyota, honda, renault, ferrari

rest are mclarens...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Have you read what Ron Dennis thinks about Raikkonen and Montoya? That they can't perform under pressure, which is why they lost the championship. Maybe Dennis thinks that after the "rigged" last season, when Nando was pansying around, Alonso would be a better Mclaren driver.

I also expect Sato to destroy atleast 10 cars all season, however, this will likely increase as the season progresses, especially if he is a backmarker :p

I dunno about Honda, Barrichello hasn't even sat in the car yet, he can after tomorrow, and button speaks faster than he can drive. But Michelins could be a factor next year - especially with tyre changing pit stops back. In 2004 it took about 8 laps for Michelins to be at their optiminal temperature, it took bridgestone like a lap or so.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
yeh ron dennis is a fool... though that article i read, i thought he was more so criticising the points distribution

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Dennis isn't a fool, hes right in a way. Kimi faulted in Brazil (where the title was won) during qualifying. If he didn't lock his brake, then who knows what would have happened.

Now, I can't remember much of the first few rounds, but Renault winning them all, all but cemented them the championships.

Kimi needs to stop drinking so much, and montoya needs to stop eating so many cheeseburgers, and they need to focus more upon the driving. Sure, Kimi is one of the best drivers out there, but when things are down, he doesn't have the motivation to climb back up, which was what happened to schumacher. He had a terrible season, but he was still trying up until the final race.

I'm being too nice :(

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
no, if he had a reliable engine kimi would have won it hands down. i dont think anyone would disagree... so saying that its kimis fault is bullshit...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Maybe, but I think Japan showed that Michael, Kimi and Alonso can all carve it through the field.

Maybe the engine blow ups effected Kimi's ability to drive. I remember an interview I have on dvd with him in 2004 where he was downbeat because of all the engine blow ups. After 3 years, you'd think mercedes would have found the problem and fixed it. Mclaren don't deserve double retirements in each race, that belongs to honda :p

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
mclaren dont deserve any blowups... but thats the game... its all about money... if they choose not to spend it on their engine reliability its their fault... same shit for everyone... they need to limit the budget so every team has the same advantage... then again thatll be the same as that new a1 which is boring

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
They have had more engine blow ups than any other team over the past 3 years - i think thats enough for them to look into the problem. If they don't want to do that, then fine, it means that they aren't serious about winning a championship.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Bullshit I'm biased. Your more biased than me. Look, I've been nice about Kimi and co for pages. And all you talk about is little Sato / Zsolty and how that team will be the next WDC and WCC :rolleyes:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
thats cuz your racist too... you think because their asian or hungarian they cant win... you watch woman... youll be eating your words... just like when schumi loses again and hell retire cuz voda wont pay for his salary

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Is that the best you can throw at me? You can do better than that.

Voda barely pays schumi's salary, I had an arguement about this the other night at dinner :p Marlboro pays most of schumi's salary, most of the rest is just sponsorship and endorsements.

Michael isn't racing for money anyway, hes racing because he loves the sport.

When he retires, I'll sink into a deep state of depression and not get out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)