• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Did I say he would race for nothing? No. Someone needs to go back to high school and study some english, which is not esl.

Afterall, Corinna needs some money incase her precious husband dies :rolleyes:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
if his not racing for money then he should volunteer... i dont see he should charge so much if he loves the sport

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh, ffs! Has it occured to you, that he gets paid that much because hes won 7 world titles and is the most successful ever f1 driver? Or has it occured to you that everytime he gets behind the wheel, either racing or for testing he could die. Stop being jealous just because you have no money and he does!

I'm not going to argue with you any more, because:
a) its too fucking hot and i have heat stroke
b) you didn't take me out last night to celebrate the new year :(

s1n1Ster

HSC
N/A
Yea Schumacher is the most succesful driver, But the fastest?
Who can deny Senna.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ofcourse Schumacher is fast, you don't wiin 7 titles by driving around with your pit lane speed limiter on, like Alonso did.

I'm not going to compare Schumacher and Senna, equally both are fanatastic drivers and both achieved things in F1 which will never be beaten or achieved again. And I haven't watched much of F1 when Senna was around. So I'm not going to comment.

Although, I'll say, Schumacher has this magical ability to punch out fastest lap times when he needs to. He can sit behind another driver for 20 or so laps, and then all of a sudden go 3 - 4 seconds faster and take the lead. He knows his car and his tyres, he can control them, unlike most of the drivers who are out there currently.

I could sit here all night talking about Schumacher's ability, but I'm not, I have some Nurburgring racing that is required to do.

Also, its Schumacher's 37th birthday tomorrow :D

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
37! wow hes getting quite old.

the only way u can compare senna and Schumacher fairly is if they were in the same car at the same track, with no advantages to any...and thats not going to happen at all.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
shortygb said:
37! wow hes getting quite old.
And amazingly, hes as fast as ever. And he doesn't even look like hes 37. Hes as fast and gorgeous as ever!

shortygb said:
the only way u can compare senna and Schumacher fairly is if they were in the same car at the same track, with no advantages to any...and thats not going to happen at all.
I could have easily said Schumacher is better, but I didn't. Oh, how I have improved from my comments 2 years ago.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
cape do u watch top gear
they always bag out mikeal shooeemarker

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Nope, I don't watch tv. I have had bad experiences with it lately. I took a break from playing GT4 and went channel surfing, and fucking nando was on 3 stations winning the championship while making out with flavio, i'm now having nightmares.

s1n1Ster

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
Although, I'll say, Schumacher has this magical ability to punch out fastest lap times when he needs to. He can sit behind another driver for 20 or so laps, and then all of a sudden go 3 - 4 seconds faster and take the lead. He knows his car and his tyres, he can control them, unlike most of the drivers who are out there currently.
Yea when he's in a superior car to the rest of the field. Where was your 'almighty highness last season?

Cape said:
And I haven't watched much of F1 when Senna was around. So I'm not going to comment.
Stop being such a glory hunter and watch a real racer :rolleyes:

http://search.ebay.com/Senna-dvd_W0...0QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

Btw they are cheap.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It took exceptional talent and a michelin withdrawal at Indy for Schumacher to get 3rd in a drivers championship. Heaps of other people had shit cars, I could do a list, but meh, what about Barrichello? he was no where, 2 podiums - big deal, even heidfeld got that. People said last year would be webbers year, and he produced nothing. And montoya a future wc? All he does is crash into backmarkers and has "tennis injuries". What about Trulli, great qualifier with one lap of fuel, then creates a train and holds up traffic the whole race.

Whats important is he never gave up, even though he knew he couldn't win, unlike other drivers. He tried his hardest, the tyres and the car wasn't perfect, but name one car that was?

Now, remind me what driver was over 3 seconds a lap faster than anyone on the track at San Marino? Thankyou, I win.

The problem is that FIA changing rules more than Bernie changes his wig.

s1n1Ster

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
It took exceptional talent and a michelin withdrawal at Indy for Schumacher to get 3rd in a drivers championship. Heaps of other people had shit cars, I could do a list, but meh, what about Barrichello? he was no where, 2 podiums - big deal, even heidfeld got that.
No he got 4 podiums but lets not worry about him, everyone knows he plays 2nd fiddle to Schumacher anyway.
Take the 10 points away from Indy and what positon is Schu then 5th? So the withdrawal outweighs the talent.
If he had managed to win 1 genuine race i would have admitted he was 'great'.

Cape said:
People said last year would be webbers year, and he produced nothing. And montoya a future wc? All he does is crash into backmarkers and has "tennis injuries". What about Trulli, great qualifier with one lap of fuel, then creates a train and holds up traffic the whole race.
Oh please, Webber's a royal hack, you can't honestly use him as supportive evidence.
Who cares what people say, they can only speculate. :)

Cape said:
Whats important is he never gave up, even though he knew he couldn't win, unlike other drivers. He tried his hardest, the tyres and the car wasn't perfect, but name one car that was?
I'm sure every driver tried their best, after all they don't get paid to slack off.There's no such thing as a 'perfect car', but the Renault was close to 'perfection'.
They had speed and reliability, having only 3 mechanical failures all season is pretty damn good don't you think?

Cape said:
Now, remind me what driver was over 3 seconds a lap faster than anyone on the track at San Marino?
The only reason Schumacher was faster that day was, not because of his 'sheer' talent. It was because of his bridgestone tyres. They got warm quicker and were able to loose less heat compared to the Michelin runners. Have a look at Jordan they were lapping faster then Williams, Toyota, Red Bull, and Minardi.

Fastest Laps: from 12 and below

N. Karthikeyan Jordan-Toyota
211.177​
1:24.094​
Ralf Schumacher Toyota
210.836​
1:24.230​
Mark Webber Williams-BMW
210.364​
1:24.419​
Rubens Barrichello Ferrari
210.325​
1:24.435​
David Coulthard Red Bull Racing
209.813​
1:24.641​
Tiago Monteiro Jordan-Toyota
209.620​
1:24.719​
Giancarlo Fisichella Renault
207.305​
1:25.665​
Christijan Albers Minardi-Cosworth
203.143​
1:27.420​

http://www.formula1.com/archive/grandprix/fastestlaps/2005/735/8.html

Now does this mean N. Karthikeyan is better then Ralf, Mark, Rubens, and Giancarlo?

Cape said:
Thankyou, I win.
Really?:rolleyes:1

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Firstly, what the hell is everyones problem with Schumacher in this thread?

s1n1Ster said:
No he got 4 podiums but lets not worry about him, everyone knows he plays 2nd fiddle to Schumacher anyway.
Take the 10 points away from Indy and what positon is Schu then 5th? So the withdrawal outweighs the talent.
If he had managed to win 1 genuine race i would have admitted he was 'great'.
And those four podiums for Baz was because all the front runners crashed out. No one could have won a race in that ferrari last year - not even some of the other greats of formula one.

s1n1Ster said:
Oh please, Webber's a royal hack, you can't honestly use him as supportive evidence.
Who cares what people say, they can only speculate. :)
I think Webber is an absolute tool, who doesn't deserve to be in F1, Heidfeld showed him up last season, even if Heidfeld missed out on 8 or so races. James Courtney should take Webbers place. Infact, comparing Schumacher with Webber is just stupid, its like comparying tomatoes and oranges.

s1n1Ster said:
I'm sure every driver tried their best, after all they don't get paid to slack off.There's no such thing as a 'perfect car', but the Renault was close to 'perfection'.
They had speed and reliability, having only 3 mechanical failures all season is pretty damn good don't you think?
When we say renault, do we mean Fisi's car as well? Because its clearly obvious that Nando was the number one driver, and unforuntely Fisi had every mechanical issue possible. Renault wasn't the fastest car, that was Mclaren. Its not Mclarens fault that their engines blow up every second, blame Mercedes. Renault seemed fast, only because Kimi was always stuck behind the "Trulli Train".

s1n1Ster said:
The only reason Schumacher was faster that day was, not because of his 'sheer' talent. It was because of his bridgestone tyres. They got warm quicker and were able to loose less heat compared to the Michelin runners. Have a look at Jordan they were lapping faster then Williams, Toyota, Red Bull, and Minardi.
I'll let you in on a bit of a secret here ;) Nando had engine problemos at San Marino. It wasn't JUST because of the bridgestones, because, if it was, we would have had baz up on the podium as well, but no, it was Wurz! If the bridgestones were so good at San Marino, explain to me why Schumacher was the fastest and Baz was 15th fastest, the the next bridgestone runner after Schumacher was Baz?

And whats with all the nit-picking of me? Just because I support Schumacher :rolleyes:

s1n1Ster

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
Firstly, what the hell is everyones problem with Schumacher in this thread?
I've got nothing against 'almighty Schu. Whoever donates $10 million to charity is a champ. But in the racing world, he's overrated. The car he's been racing in was on another level compared to the rest. So his success is due to Ferrari as well as him.

And besides he doesn't understand he's 'nothing special'. Start of last season, what was his excuse? Old car? Now what is it?

Cape said:
And those four podiums for Baz was because all the front runners crashed out. No one could have won a race in that ferrari last year - not even some of the other greats of formula one.
Wow your nice to your Ferrari team members, ruthless one.
Yea well we know Schumacher certainly couldn't.

Cape said:
I think Webber is an absolute tool, who doesn't deserve to be in F1, Heidfeld showed him up last season, even if Heidfeld missed out on 8 or so races. James Courtney should take Webbers place. Infact, comparing Schumacher with Webber is just stupid, its like comparying tomatoes and oranges.
Oh stop net-bashing Webber will ya. He may turn out to be your beloved Schu's new partner :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with comparing tomatoes with Oranges?
For the love of god they both are fruit.

Cape said:
When we say renault, do we mean Fisi's car as well? Because its clearly obvious that Nando was the number one driver, and unforuntely Fisi had every mechanical issue possible. Renault wasn't the fastest car, that was Mclaren. Its not Mclarens fault that their engines blow up every second, blame Mercedes. Renault seemed fast, only because Kimi was always stuck behind the "Trulli Train".
Speed is not always the main factor in considering a 'perfect car'. It's Mclaren's fault as much it's Mercedes for outbalancing reliabilty for speed. Reno balanced it perfectly hence they won both championships.
Yea Nando was better then Fishi, but we're here to talk about dear Michael.

Cape said:
I'll let you in on a bit of a secret here ;) Nando had engine problemos at San Marino. It wasn't JUST because of the bridgestones, because, if it was, we would have had baz up on the podium as well, but no, it was Wurz! If the bridgestones were so good at San Marino, explain to me why Schumacher was the fastest and Baz was 15th fastest, the the next bridgestone runner after Schumacher was Baz?
But it was the bridgestones advantage.You know why Brazilian Baz was 15th fastest? The poor bastard was retired out on the 18th lap for an electrical fault.
Now as he had only been racing for 18 laps, his tyres didn't aquire enough heat for him to post fast laps. Schumacher posted his fastest on the 48th lap when he was well and truley into the race so his tyres were dead warm. If Baz didn't retire im sure he would have been 2nd fastest.

BTW Nando had no engine problems, his rear wheels were excessively worn out.

If you look at it this way, almighty schumacher was faster by 3 secs and yet couldn't pass a 2 wheeled struggling alonso? What was his excuse? Ran out of time?

Cape said:
And whats with all the nit-picking of me? Just because I support Schumacher :rolleyes:
Damn straight it is. I love giving shit to royal ferarri supporters:rolleyes:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argo, I expected something better from you! I bet you couldn't wait to jump aboard the bagging Schumacher and ferrari bandwagon, could you? So therefore, I'm so going to nit-pick you as pay back :D

Argonaut said:
Let's see ... should I start with the bit about him being a pompous, arrogant basatrd or the fact that he would have won more races in a Smart Coupe last year?
You have to be cruel to win in the racing world. Every driver has arrogance in them, just some more than others. Schumacher is not as arrogant as other drivers. In a way Argo, hes a little like you ;)

Argonaut said:
It's the driver that makes the car, not the car that makes the driver, my dear.
Unless I'm mistaken, its the designers that make the car, not the driver, the driver just drives it. If Zsolt Baumgartner was in the F2004, would he have won the title?

Argonaut said:
No, it's a perfectly legitimate argument. Webber and Schumacher are similar in the way that they both underperformed last year, overhyped in some way, and both probably shouldn't be in the sport.
Almost every driver underperformed last year, actually, not just the drivers, but also two tyre companies as well. Michael deserves to be in F1, hes constantly shown how determined he is to win and that he still remains able to keep up with the young guns.

Argonaut said:
No, it was Andrea Moda all over again. I can just imagine Flav saying "Mama mia! We-a concentrate-a on Alonso's car-a this-a year, boys-a! In fact-a, don't even bother-a giving Fisichell-a a motorhome-a, we make-a more room-a for-a my chopper!.
Name one team that does not have a number one driver?

s1n1Ster said:
I've got nothing against 'almighty Schu. Whoever donates $10 million to charity is a champ. But in the racing world, he's overrated. The car he's been racing in was on another level compared to the rest. So his success is due to Ferrari as well as him.
Nothing special you say? Hmm ... hes done more for F1 than what anyone has done EVER, not even Bernie could create the interest that Schumacher has. Schumacher has set the bar for future drivers and created a world wide interest in the sport again. Remember 2003, the ferrari was not the best car, however, he still won the championship.

s1n1Ster said:
And besides he doesn't understand he's 'nothing special'. Start of last season, what was his excuse? Old car? Now what is it?
Schumacher doesn't go around thinking hes the best all the time. He knew he would eventually loose the title, and now hes more determined than ever to get it back, hence pre-christmas test at Jerez. Theres no excuse for this season. Theres a new aim - to get his title back.

s1n1Ster said:
Wow your nice to your Ferrari team members, ruthless one.
Yea well we know Schumacher certainly couldn't.
I didn't like Barrichello. Although, Massa does look promising, I can't wait to see him race :D

s1n1Ster said:
Oh stop net-bashing Webber will ya. He may turn out to be your beloved Schu's new partner :rolleyes:
Webber will never set foot in a ferrari, if he does, I'm having a word to the ferrari boys!

s1n1Ster said:
Whats wrong with comparing tomatoes with Oranges?
For the love of god they both are fruit.
Simple, ones red and ones orange. Just like ferrari and soon to be mclaren. Plus, I don't like the colour orange.

s1n1Ster said:
Speed is not always the main factor in considering a 'perfect car'. It's Mclaren's fault as much it's Mercedes for outbalancing reliabilty for speed. Reno balanced it perfectly hence they won both championships.
Yea Nando was better then Fishi, but we're here to talk about dear Michael.
If speed isn't important as reliability, then Tiago Monterio should have won the championship.

s1n1Ster said:
But it was the bridgestones advantage.You know why Brazilian Baz was 15th fastest? The poor bastard was retired out on the 18th lap for an electrical fault.
Now as he had only been racing for 18 laps, his tyres didn't aquire enough heat for him to post fast laps. Schumacher posted his fastest on the 48th lap when he was well and truley into the race so his tyres were dead warm. If Baz didn't retire im sure he would have been 2nd fastest.
Lap 48 sounds about pit-stop window. He was doing what he usually does during pit stop windows - getting free air and putting laps in, under the race record.

s1n1Ster said:
BTW Nando had no engine problems, his rear wheels were excessively worn out.
If you look at it this way, almighty schumacher was faster by 3 secs and yet couldn't pass a 2 wheeled struggling alonso? What was his excuse? Ran out of time?
If you knew Imola, you would also know how hard it is to overtake there. Also, its very easy at Imola for the car infront to be as wide as the track itself.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Komit said:
Fuck the Schu.
Now, now Komit.

In which sense did you mean anyway ;) Righto, I'll stop being stupid now.

I can't wait for the car launches, here are the dates so far:
January 14 Toyota
January 16 BMW
January 23 Ferrari
January 25 Honda
January 27 Williams
January 31 Renault
February 3 Midland
March 9 Red Bull
March 9 Toro Rosso
TBC McLaren
TBC Super Aguri

s1n1Ster

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
Nothing special you say? Hmm ... hes done more for F1 than what anyone has done EVER, not even Bernie could create the interest that Schumacher has. Schumacher has set the bar for future drivers and created a world wide interest in the sport again. Remember 2003, the ferrari was not the best car, however, he still won the championship.
Ferrari wasn't the best car? When you win both Championships, you damn right have the best car on the track.

Yea and how much has F1 done for him and Ferarri?
1.Schumacher smashs Bernie's fellow-countryman Damon Hill, out to win the 1994 championship. What do Bernie & Mosley, do SHIT ALL

2.Schumacher smashes Villeneuve out to win the 1997 championship at the European GP. What do Bernie & Mosley do take his measley 5 points off him.

3.1999 Grand Prix at Sepang Ferrari record's a 1-2 result, after the race it came to the attention of the race stuards that both Ferrari cars had irregular and "illegal" barge-boards fitted. What do Mosley & Bernie do SHIT ALL.

If you remember last season BAR got Banned for 2 races for running an underweight car at the San Marino Grand Prix, Furthermore they got ALL their points stripped off.
If the FIA had done something about the last 2 incidents....Schumacher would hav e 5 championships not "7".

You want more evidence have a look at that 1999 Malaysian GP, and watch the rear-wheels of Michael Schumacher's car when he exits the slower corners on the track. Then you'll wonder how the hell his tyres are exiting in an ultra smooth manner. This comes to only one conclusion. Your Knight in shining armor was using traction control.

Furthermore what does Mosley say about it , "I am aware of an un-named team using traction control in 1999, and I will have a quiet word with them."- BBC Motorsport pg 360.

Have you now woken up to the "puppy love" between FIA and Ferrari, yet?
Only fools would support a hapless cheating "Team Ferrari".

Cape said:
Schumacher doesn't go around thinking hes the best all the time. He knew he would eventually loose the title, and now hes more determined than ever to get it back, hence pre-christmas test at Jerez. Theres no excuse for this season. Theres a new aim - to get his title back.

Surely not the same Jerez, Where he 'tried' knocking Villeneuve off to win the championship?
Oh it brings back memories,

Is he 'aiming' more of the same this season?

Cape said:
I didn't like Barrichello. Although, Massa does look promising, I can't wait to see him race :D
Barichello would be glad he won't have to play the secondary role anymore. Lets see how Massa takes it.

Cape said:
Simple, ones red and ones orange. Just like ferrari and soon to be mclaren. Plus, I don't like the colour orange.
There are orange tomatoes too, sunshine :rolleyes:

Cape said:
If speed isn't important as reliability, then Tiago Monterio should have won the championship.
Yea but' you need some speed with 'reliability. Jordan's are 3.5 secs slower on average then the main rivals so you can't really use them as comparison.

Cape said:
Lap 48 sounds about pit-stop window. He was doing what he usually does during pit stop windows - getting free air and putting laps in, under the race record.
Oh stop giving lame excuses and admit the facts. BRIDGESTONES had a BIG advantange:uhhuh:

Cape said:
If you knew Imola, you would also know how hard it is to overtake there. Also, its very easy at Imola for the car infront to be as wide as the track itself.
Thats no excuse. So he was able to overtake Button ,But he couldn't overtake the champ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)