• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The F1 Thread (2 Viewers)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Argonaut said:
If it's the part about eing dead from it you're after, you're #1. If you're wanting to survive, you'll be somewhere around #13.
Well that depends, would like like to kill me or not. Either way, feel free to kill me in March if Schumacher announces that he is retiring at the end of the year.

Orange Juice said:
sad day for mclaren... they lose my support which is the only one that matters
I bet you don't even have any mclaren merchandise. Except free stingy stuff that you picked up off the floor.

Believe it or not, there is someone who loves Michael Schumacher even more than Italy's Tifosi, Jean Todt or Willi Weber.
I reframe from answering that question :D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
OMG! I worked out why Mclaren sign McLonso!

Does Mclaren B-team mean anything to anyone? Dubai F1? Thats Mclaren B-team. Dennis figures that if he can get Kimi, Montoya in one team and then Alonso and say Wurz in another team, viola! An unstoppable 2 team combo.

Or, how about Montoya is off to BMW in 2007? Mclaren want Kimi more than Montoya. Or Montoya off to Ferrari (which if it does, someone has some explaining to do, cause I don't want a drug smuggler in my team).

Or maybe Mclaren have lost it after loosing Newy. Maybe they can't count that 2 drives doesn't equal 3 drivers.

Renault leaving at the end of 2006. Yes, I have too much time on my hands :eek:

And has Super Aguri got the green light for next season? FUCK! Atleast Sato will be using a 3 year old chasis, and won't be anywhere near Michael, saying that, well, Michael isn't Montoya. Davidson as second driver? I hope so, he deserves a drive.

Coulthard and his girlfriend split up :( Now, if only if Corinna left Schumacher *works on evil plan*

And lastly, Schumacher is favourite to win the 2006 championship, from reliable sources *Cough BERNIE Cough*

Thats all for now :)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
If kimi doesnt win the champ. next year, most likely he'd leave for ferrari

But at least next season would push jpm and kimi to fight for the seat at mclaren in 07

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
griz mate, wheres teh patriotism? kimi will win it, though i think hell be second favourite because those tab places love schumi... even when his a doofus

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
OMG! Its griz!!! :cool: Could you image anyone trying to push montoya out of the way, they would need a forklift :p

Oj you doofus! Schumi is favourite to win next season because:
- Hes already won 7 world titles
- Even in a shitty F2005 he still finished third in the championship
- The ferrari V8 engine at Jerez was over a second faster than the other v8s, and faster then renaults v10
- Schumacher was the last man to win a title with a v8 engine
- Tyre changes and new qualifying help ferrari and bridgestone
- Ferrari are going broke :p
- And the whole world loves ferrari and michael!

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
yehh but kimi's getting a pissed at mclaren for letting him down...they've been letting down every driver since 2001.

yeh...schu's the 2007 favourite coz he cant finish 1lap of testing after coming back from holidays...:rolleyes:

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Komit said:
if anyone was likely to go to Ferrari it would be JPM over Kimi.

By the way, Barrichello hass gone to BAR Argo - Felipe Massa is now driving for Ferrari. Get with the times, son.
Ahh yes.

2008. Ferrari. JPM. Massa.
The birth of the new drug smuggling team.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oi joshy, stop being so mean!

Lets get this straight, schumacher is not favourite for the 2007 championship, because 2006 hasn't even started :p

Massa is NOT a drug smuggler. And who even said Massa would still be at ferrari at the end of next year - he only has a one year contract. I assume the powers at ferrari are either waiting for rossi or kimi.

And for your information, schumacher did complete a lap, several infact. And where have mclaren been? NO WHERE!!!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
so if ferrari are broke they should be favourites?
its been settled that v8s will be faster...
wow he finished 3rd! who cares, no one even cares that alonso came first cuz his homo just like schumi is... plus if monty didnt sprain whatever the heck playing tennis hed be third... and indy gave him a clear 10 points... everyone knows even if rbr raced in indy theyd beat you guys

I WIN... Merry Christmas

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ferrari aren't BROKE as such, Fiat are going broke, and fiat own Ferrari.

Oj, in any of the testing done since the end of the season, have you seen a renault V8 engine out? Simple answer NO! And I will laugh and probably kill myself laughing if its a dud next season. As for Mclaren, even during the winter testing lately they have had huge reliability issues, not only from the engine, but other thingymabobs.

Him finishing 3rd in a dud car is quite an achievement, kimi had a dud car in 2004 and he finished like 9th, I think that speaks for itself. Sure Indy was a here we will give you 10 bonus points, but Montoya, who managed to win 2 or 3 gps last season couldn't even beat Michael, who had low points finishes except for San Marino, Canada, Indy, France and Hungary.

Ferrari are favourites because they not only have the motivation (especially from a dud season) but they also have the equipment and people who can do the job. They have 2 fantastic drivers and 2 fantastic test drivers, they have the dream team, and most of all, they know how to win championships.

And OJ - Merry Christmas :D

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Cape said:
Ferrari aren't BROKE as such, Fiat are going broke, and fiat own Ferrari.
At uni we would say that Ferrari are broke, and expect liquidation of spare parts to raise funds.
thats good for u cape

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Grizzly said:
At uni we would say that Ferrari are broke, and expect liquidation of spare parts to raise funds.
thats good for u cape
hehe, that made you sound smartish for once :p

And thats why the FIA have introduced these rules for 2008:
• New technologies which give a team an advantage for one season but which are then adopted by all teams for subsequent seasons at significant expense will be banned after the end of the first season (Article 2.5). Reason: To reduce costs. This allows a team which discovers a new technology to benefit from it, but prevents Formula One as a whole then spending money on the same technology only to leave all the teams in exactly the same (relative) positions as before.
• The rear wing is split in two. Reason: Research indicates that this will produce a wake in which the car behind will perform much better, thus facilitating overtaking.
• Changes to the bodywork regulations to reduce downforce while maintaining drag levels so as to avoid an increase in cornering speeds over 2006 levels (Article 3). Reason: Safety.
• Changes to the bodywork regulations at the front of the car to make the car behave better in traffic (Article 3). Reason: To facilitate overtaking.
• Limitations on possible "interesting" areas of aerodynamic research (Article 3). Reason: To reduce costs.
• The minimum weight is reduced from 605 to 550kg (Article 4). Reason: To eliminate the cost of purchasing 55kg of very expensive high density ballast for each car and transporting it all over the world. Cars will also be safer without this extra weight.
• Engine to be subject to a rev limit of 19,000 rpm, with a possible increase to 20,000 rpm in consultation with the competing teams (Article 5.1.3). Reason: To reduce costs and to redirect engine research towards road-relevant technologies.
• A standard electronic control unit for engine and gearbox to be used at all times in Formula One (Article 8.2). Reason: To reduce costs, eliminate driver aids such as traction control and allow the FIA to check engine use and testing mileage.
• Gear ratios to have a minimum thickness of 12mm (Article 9.3.3). Reason: To reduce costs by making gearboxes more robust.
• Tyre pressures may be adjusted by the driver while the car is moving (Article 12.5). Reason: Safety, particularly during safety car periods.
• Maximum wheel diameter increased to 640mm front and 710mm rear, with maximum widths of 365mm front and 460mm rear (Article 12.4) with slick tyres. Reason: To increase "mechanical" grip to compensate for reduced aerodynamic downforce to facilitate overtaking.
• Only permitted materials may be used to construct the car (Article 15.1). Reason: To reduce costs.
• At least 5.75% (m/m) of fuel must be from biological sources (Article 19.4.5). Reason: To keep ahead of developments in fuel for road cars.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
fuck too much too read... its too confusing... f1 is shithouse now... mclaren have turnt homosexual... they should put alonso in the team b team when its out and get kimi and sato to drive for a...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
When its not so hot, and my eyes have become normal after playing playstation for 3 days straight I'll explain it to you. Although, some of the headlines are saying "F1 shit" because cars are going to run on a blend of fuel that contains cow shit. I thought it was funny :p

Sato has a drive next season :( That silly super aguri team - hiring sato just cause hes Asian, and they are considering having another japanese driver. Fuck, they should drop Sato, hes been proven worthless and can't drive, give someone else a drive, like Davidson who deserve it. Sato's just in there to show off Honda. Fuck, everyone knows who Honda is just by Buttons smart - assed comments.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
fuck off, sato is a gold driver, without him no one asian would watch it...
davidson should get the drive and i rkn he will... cuz his lost his friday drive with honda now has he? actually give the seat to BAUMGARTNER JIGGAS

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Baumgartner? Fuck, I'm surprised you still remember the mole man :p I wonder if his helmet fits on his head yet? hmm.

Sato doesn't deserve the drive. Race after race in the past 3 years he has cause accident after accident, destroying countless cars and on the verge of killing many drivers (although, some of them, i don't mind if he killed).

Davidson, Wurz and Me all deserve a drive in F1, but money makes the world go around :rolleyes:

But no, this silly short asian, who can't see over the steering wheel and who gets told what cars are around him gets to keep a drive which could possible lead to a top team drive, just so F1 can scrap into the Asian market. Stupid idiots.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
just as i first thought another racist...*shakes head* its always against the asians innit?
lucky im british it doesnt hurt as bad

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Me? *Blinks* Racist? Never! I just have a problem with a few drivers on the grid because of their driving skills and others because of their over inflating ego.

Oj, your no more British than what I am Finnish.

Your making my headache get bigger :( I'm off to sleep now, some of us need their beauty sleep :rolleyes:

Have a merry christmas, and don't drink and eat too much :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)