The F1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
re: The Official F1 Thread

Cape said:
I have photos of F1 cars.

Jordans, renaults, williams, minardis, toyotas. From Albert Park and motorshows.

Strangely for me, I've got no Ferrari's
thats coz all those 2nd rate teams beg for publicity (at motorshows etc) to compensate for their poor performance.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Grizzly said:
thats coz all those 2nd rate teams beg for publicity (at motorshows etc) to compensate for their poor performance.
I remember a certain someone clogging up my computer with photos from Albert Park and Kimi Raikkonen look alikes!

The two race engine rule sucks, Hockenheim does not suck. The rule is stupid, and is costing more money to develop than what it cost to change an engine.

Obviously the rule about one engine for two races was a result of a bribe from renault to the FIA, which included Flavio's gift of girlfriends to mad max and bernie.
The FIA flavour of the month has switched from Ferrari to Renault :(

Aww ... Imola is scheduled to start at 11:30pm!
We start uni again next week, don't we? Someone is going to be very tired on monday morning :(

I could start on the Schumi not retiring headlines, again. But I'm not going to.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC

that pic was not a kimi look alike, he was the real deal

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

He was not the real deal. An imposter yes, but Kimi no. Kimi was probably out the back in his motorhome drinking his vodka.

Ok. I have a question, since Argonaut is absolutely hopeless and could not answer the question, what is a seamless gearbox and how will it make Ferrari, williams and those who currently use it (mclaren and honda) a couple of tenths of a second faster?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Argo leaves, Schumi wins! :( :uhhuh:
I'm sensing a connection???
<3

Nando was very lucky not to loose his car, once again, he proves he can't handle being in traffic, just like in Bahrain.
WTF is up with the Macca's? We need them up there taking points away from renault, not points away from honda :(

And Diffy is once again the biggest idiot. We didn't get to see Webber. Boohoo! Its an Italian GP, ofcourse they are going to show Ferrari all the time. Plus, I like watching Michael v Nando, although my teeth now hurt from grinding them. Much better than watching webbo drive around by himself.

Tuna

HSC
N/A

Cape said:
what is a seamless gearbox and how will it make Ferrari, williams and those who currently use it (mclaren and honda) a couple of tenths of a second faster?
F1 gearboxs are semi-automatic. Gear shifting involves fraction of tenths. For example, by entering a sweeping corner the engine tends to max out its rpm at a particular gear (traction), thus no extra speed is gained. However, by allowing the gear (let's say 2) to shift up to a higher gear (3) with ONLY an allowable small speed gained. Once the stearing wheel is back to its normal postion. The engine can go through the gear current gear (3) to a higher one (4).

Downside: Instability of the car. If the car carries too much speed and goes over the grass it will suffer oversteer. This happened to J.P.M and Michael at the Australian G.P at the last corner before the straight. They should have driven in second gear with an optimal speed of 98 - 100 m.p.h however they have gone over to third gear which gave them a speed of 113 m.p.h

For Honda, their car is different to Ferrari. It was built to minimise traction c. therefore Button had to do some of the traction himself. Advantage: doesn't get stuck in a gear.

Renault is an oversteer car. Watch it carefully and you'll notice.

Tuna

HSC
N/A

matt#1 said:
Michael Schumacher is back!!!:)
How do you know? It was the same last year. They had a strong car at Imola but their results at other tracks were different.

Why didn't Michael push in his third stint? He had new tyres as well. Moreover, he didn't want to lap other cars after the third pit stop. He kept the same lap time as Jacques V. That's strange since he can do a 1m25s (before his 3rd pit stop) and 1m22s in qualifying.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC

Most drivers do set up their cars for oversteer as small steering inputs can correct it and oversteer can sometimes improve lap times.

The Renault, in it's design (free from driver input) is probably the least oversteer biased in the field. This is because of the car's awesome torque as a result of some very smart weight distribution.

As for Alonso's car specifically, he does like a bit of oversteer and set's it up accordingly. However, Alonso's style is such that he quickly adapts to the car he is driving and creates "neutralsteer". The commentators will regularly say how he "chops away" at the steering wheel and how surprised they are as to why he is so quick. The answer is very complicated. Basically though, by using such steering inputs Alonso is able to neutralise both oversteer and understeer by bringing more grip into the front or rear tyres mid-corner when needed. It's an amazing skill to have and he is probably the only driver in the field that does it. Don't mistake this for correcting understeer or oversteer as doing so usually means you lose lap time and Alonso actually gains from this.

Schumi isn't back. He just won a race.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Ah, I understand now. Thanks :)

Is Schumi back? I dunno. I hope that he is. But if Ferrari have the pace (and the correct tyres for once) at the nurburgring then they are serious title contenders, although theres still a comfortable margin between Nando and Michael. And mclaren aren't doing Ferrari any favours. Hopefully the new mclaren engine updates for Nurburgring will be better than Nando's.

Who knows why Michael didn't push hard during his second and third stint. Graining tyres, although I do find it odd that all of a sudden he could lap 2 seconds faster than any other lap (ie: when nando pitted), saving the engine, or maybe it was strategic, Ferrari certainly outfoxed Renault.

I heard that Nurburgring will be cut by one lap. Confirm / Deny? :p
Ron was whinging again.

Speaking of whinging - Honda are complaining about Ferrari's rear wings AGAIN! Next thing Button will do is blame Ferrari for putting the lollypop man there and lifting the lollypop. If they spent less time whinging, they might have won a race by now.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Grizzly said:
sigh
why is nando so fast cape?
Because hes a stuck up, spoilt kid. Who acts like an overgrown ogre when he wins a race.

He's fast because his front wings flex! They were flexing more than Ferrari's rear wings at Bahrain and Malaysia. Now why isn't Nick Fry whinging and complaining about their wings.

And .... why didn't they use a safety car when Montoya beached? Obviously the spanish race director didn't care about safety and wanted a Spanish chump to win. When we were riding onboard, with i think Webber when Montoya was beached, he was like millimetres away from Monty's car, the slightest millimeter wide, and someone could have got seriously hurt.

Come Monaco, he will meet up with his best friend, Mr Concrete Wall :D

I rather liked it when was it James or Martain said, this time next year, Alonso will be a minute off the lead runners :) That made me laugh in an otherwise boring and uneventful race.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

holy shiatzu... shit race, boring boring boring. whens next? and where?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Monaco, 2 weeks.

Another snooze fest. Hopefully some lapse in concentration by some stupid renault drivers, destroying their cars.

I want to see some overtaking, none of this procession shit. Malaysia, Imola, Germany and Spain have been snooze fests.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC

Monaco is always awesome to watch.

Montoya was in a dangerous position but they got him out of the way quite quickly. Webber missed by a bit coz he was close behind at the time.

As for wing flexing, Ferrari are by far the worst offenders - they are by far the quickest in a straight and the flexing is quite evident. Plus, no matter how much your wings move, it won't help you get 3.5 seconds away from the pack on the opening lap. He is an awesome driver, but more importantly, he has an awesome car underneath him.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Ferrari were so fast at the speed trap in Spain because they had less wing than Renault. They were always fast during the first sector, but during the second and third sectors (the twisty section) Ferrari lost a lot of time, about 1 second.

The race was gone for Ferrari as soon as Fisi qualified second.
They couldn't pull a nurburgring off at Spain.

As for the Montoya thing - The onboard footage from Webber was about a lap later, and it was awfully close. There may have been double waved yellows, but what if something had gone wrong, and 3 or 5 or even 5 marshalls were injured? There would have been an uproar. Albers car at Imola was in a far safer place than what Montoyas was, and they used a safety car then.

Watch out for driver line ups to be revealed within the next few weeks. Fisi's future at Renault will be decided by June, and Mclaren's driver line up will be revealed (including test drivers) in the next 3 weeks. Should be interesting :)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC

my driver line up prediction for 07

mclaren ; nando + jpm
ferrari ; kimi + michael
renault ; fisi + kova...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Zsolt .... Sato ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rossi has confirmed that hes not moving to F1 next year- Yay! Now we just need confirmation that Kimi is moving to Ferrari and MS is going to continue :D

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC

actually..kimi is staying with mclaren
its obvious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)